SVC in postseason play

warningtrackpower
All Conference

SVC in postseason play

Post by warningtrackpower »

The SVC is off to a 1-0 postseason start with PV's win Monday night. On this week's SVC Sports Talk, we predict the SVC record in this year's postseason...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk101413

HHSSoftball
Riding the Bench

Re: SVC in postseason play

Post by HHSSoftball »

The SVC is currently 10-3 in post season play with 1 of the losses being to another SVC team (Adena/Piketon). This includes 5 sectional championships out of the 8 teams in the conference! Pretty impressive start to the tournament run and hopefully all league teams can continue this DOMINANCE and we will have multiple district championships. My breakdown of the upcoming tournament games this week:

Paint Valley vs Reedsville Eastern
Eastern is a very solid team, but nothing Paint Valley hasn't seen. I look for Paint Valley to compete with them and make this game much more interesting than most may think.

Huntington vs Wheelersburg
Huntington handled Wheelersburg pretty easlily at the Alexander Invitational, but I don't believe that we saw their best effort. I think Wheelersburg stays in the match and pushes the Lady Huntsmen, but I think Huntington Ultimately advances!

Adena vs Fairland
Don't know a lot about Fairland, but I don't believe they can hang with an Adena team that is playing very well right now. I look for Adena to roll in this one!

Westfall vs Meigs
Again, I look for Westfall to roll in this match. I don't believe that Meigs will be able to compete with the SVC Champs sive at the net!

Unioto vs Washington CH
I believe this will be a very competitive match, but I think, ultimately, Unioto's athletism wins out. I believe Unioto moves on to match up with Athens in the District Final. (WOW, what a brutal battle to get out of the districts in DII)

I will conservatively say the SVC goes 4-1 in the district semi's with half of the league moving on to play in the district finals. I would not surprise me at all to see the league go 5-0 and all 5 remaining teams be playing for a district title! I think the league being so tough has prepared each of these teams for deep post season runs!

HHSSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HHSSoftball »

The SVC is currently 10-3 in post season play with 1 of the losses being to another SVC team (Adena/Piketon). This includes 5 sectional championships out of the 8 teams in the conference! Pretty impressive start to the tournament run and hopefully all league teams can continue this DOMINANCE and we will have multiple district championships. My breakdown of the upcoming tournament games this week:

Paint Valley vs Reedsville Eastern
Eastern is a very solid team, but nothing Paint Valley hasn't seen. I look for Paint Valley to compete with them and make this game much more interesting than most may think.

Huntington vs Wheelersburg
Huntington handled Wheelersburg pretty easlily at the Alexander Invitational, but I don't believe that we saw their best effort. I think Wheelersburg stays in the match and pushes the Lady Huntsmen, but I think Huntington Ultimately advances!

Adena vs Fairland
Don't know a lot about Fairland, but I don't believe they can hang with an Adena team that is playing very well right now. I look for Adena to roll in this one!

Westfall vs Meigs
Again, I look for Westfall to roll in this match. I don't believe that Meigs will be able to compete with the SVC Champs size at the net!

Unioto vs Washington CH
I believe this will be a very competitive match, but I think, ultimately, Unioto's athletism wins out. I believe Unioto moves on to match up with Athens in the District Final. (WOW, what a brutal battle to get out of the districts in DII)

I will conservatively say the SVC goes 4-1 in the district semi's with half of the league moving on to play in the district finals. I would not surprise me at all to see the league go 5-0 and all 5 remaining teams be playing for a district title! I think the league being so tough has prepared each of these teams for deep post season runs!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

HHSSoftball wrote:The SVC is currently 10-3 in post season play, I think the league being so tough has prepared each of these teams for deep post season runs!

Talking about a schedule to get you ready here is a look at Uniotos this season

@ Logan Elm
@ Piketon , 1 sectional win
@ Zane Trace 1 sectional win, state ranked DII
Huntington Sectional Champs
@ Westfall Sectional Champs , state Ranked
Gallia
Chillicothe  1 Sectional win
Eastern Sectional Champs, State Ranked
Adena Sectional Champs, State Ranked
@ Paint Valley Sectional Champs
Southeastern 1 sectional Win
Piketon 1 Sectional win
Zane Trace 1Sectional win, State Ranked
@ Huntington Sectional Champs
@ Washington CH  Sectional Champs, State Ranked
Wheelersburg Sectional Champs
Westfall Sectional Champs, State Ranked
@ Adena Sectional Champs, State Ranked
Paint Valley Sectional Champs
@ Southeastern 1 sectional Win
@ Waverly  1 Sectional win State Ranked 
Chillicothe 1Sectional win
Warren
Waverly 1Sectional Win State Ranked

Unioto has played 24 matches
Only three of those matches was vs schools that did not win at least one Sectional Match, Warren, Gallia, Logan Elm

11 of those matches was against teams that won Sectional Titles

10 of those matches has been against State Ranked teams this season
Eastern
Washington CH
Adena X2
Westfall X2
Zane Trace X2
Waverly X2

When we play Court House on Wednesday it will make for the 11th match vs a State Ranked Team This season. Thats 11 out of 25 matches  ( or 44%) vs state ranked teams this season for the Sherman's. 

Also during the summer tournament tour Unioto faced state ranked 
Bloom Carrol and Athens.

X

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

X, that type of schedule will prepare your team for post-season. If you schedule cupcakes for your non-league it will come back to bite you in late October. The SVC is a strong conference and the Unioto tournament is like a mini-D2/D3 sectional early in the season and we ( CHS ) always enjoyed that competition to get prepared. Team should be clicking on all cylinders by now and go for it! Leave it all on the floor cuz you can't get it back. See you at SE tomorrow. Von Hagen will be joining me for some play by play analysis so come join us. Maybe WBEX should " Mike " us up so we can disturb the listeners. Have fun and tell ole number 1, 2 to blow it up!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Will do with Ol' One, Two,.
My pre-game prep talks are legendary around here.

The WBEX deal sounds good.
With out a doubt
Thousands upon thousands
would Tune in to hear
the Mizuno duo
Call the contest.
Probably be best to have you doing the play by play and Von Hagen doing the color commentary.
I can do the number spotting for you guys. I have an excellent cue card system that I use while scouting middle school teams,
Im thinking about having it patented.

See ya at the Larry
X

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfall sweeps Meigs tonight, Unioto sweeps WCH as well.

Huntington swept Wheelersburg last night. Great showing so far for the SVC.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Looking at Huntington-Alexander, Westfall-Minford and probably Adena-Nelsonville on Saturday at Waverly in D3 district finals and Unioto-Athens at D2 at SE. Pretty good showing for SVC.

DadPaul08
Riding the Bench

Post by DadPaul08 »

Don't forget Paint Valley still alive in D4 semis Thursday night.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

Good luck to the remaining teams in the tournaments!

TornadoDrill
Waterboy

Post by TornadoDrill »

Hated to see the season end for WCH, but Unioto has a great team. I predict they win Districts in 4 games. Goodluck to all!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

3 District Champions for the SVC! And very close to a 4th as Huntington nearly upended Alexander.

Great showing yesterday ladies, now for some good practices and some nice showings at the Regional level.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

3 teams going to regional says alot about the SVC. Good luck to Adena, Unioto and Westfall and a shout out to Janet Day and her Eastern Eagles. Seems like every season at this time i realize she made it to regionals again. You have a very good coach at Beaver Eastern. Southeastern Ohio has some great volleyball programs. I just got home from helping out at Spiketown club tryouts and the diversity of schools is amazing but tells me the value of club ball is realized by the high school coaches as we had kids from all over SE Ohio. Our sport keeps growing and it has been fun to be a part of it. Good luck to all teams left!

HHSSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HHSSoftball »

SVC is 18-5 in tournament play... 5 of the 8 teams make it to the district tournament and 4 of the 8 playing for a district championship... 3 teams in the regional tournament in 2 separate divisions! When 1/2 of your conference is playing in a district title game, speaks volumes about the quality of play in this GREAT volleyball conference!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

HHSSoftball wrote:SVC is 18-5 in tournament play... 5 of the 8 teams make it to the district tournament and 4 of the 8 playing for a district championship... 3 teams in the regional tournament in 2 separate divisions! When 1/2 of your conference is playing in a district title game, speaks volumes about the quality of play in this GREAT volleyball conference!

This past softball season only two SVC teams
made it to the regionals.
With 3 volleyball teams reaching the regionals
You might want to readjust your SVC athletic aptitude antenna
for it appears
Volleyball RULES!
the plush Scioto Valley Conference

You gonna be able to make the game Thursday?

warningtrackpower
All Conference

A lot of volleyball on this week's show including all-league snubs, a look at next year's league favorite and mvp, and of course a look at this year's remaining trio...take a listen...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk102813

HHSSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HHSSoftball »

My intention is to be there Wednesday and Thursday... However, I am not sure yet... Depends on the work schedule which is subject to change at any time. Still not sure about the whole VOLLEYBALL RULES thing though! Although there may be shift occurring, even in my household! :122246

In my expert opinion, SOFTBALL STILL RULES! :122245

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

warningtrackpower wrote:A lot of volleyball on this week's show including all-league snubs, a look at next year's league favorite and mvp, and of course a look at this year's remaining trio...take a listen...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk102813
Nice show,
Personally the X thinks your All League list and format is light years
ahead of what the league does.
But it is what it is.
As those in control but out of touch like to say:
"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"

North Adams Teaser, no Pleaser?
Maybe the great one missed it but I
thought the X read where you were
Going to go into great detail
on the this weeks pod cast as to
How North Adams got "cheated".
If I missed it sorry,
if not lets hear the
Scoop!

HHSOFTBALL:
Hope to see ya there, I have a Purple Shirt for ya. And maybe an old One/Two button for ya.
We have the Mason/Dixion line of girls athletics running through our house as well..................

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Nothing gets past the X

We had two late emails come in that we felt needed to be in the show. I hated that we did not get to expand our volleyball discussion to the NA getting cheated. The good news is we have already had multiple emails on that topic, so I am hoping to have it in next week's show.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

SVC is a pretty tough league in girls track. Zane trace Unioto Paint Valley Adena seem to send athletes all the time

Return to “Volleyball”