Post by Black Panther »

What's your projections as of now?

Xtoxxviii
All State

Re: tournament draw

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Man I don't know.
If Athens or Waverly dont lose
I dont see how they dont get the 1 and 2 spots.
Now if either one drops a match
and Unioto wins out the next two weeks
then I say the Shermans deserve one of the top two spots.
If everybody drops matches then its a flip of coin in my opinion.
I do think it will be
Trace, Waverly, Athens and Unioto
battling for the right to go to the districts.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

If Athens wins that tournament in Dublin this weekend then they are legit.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

I believe Jackson is also in that sectional... How many advance to the District out of that Sectional? 2 or 4? Either way, I look for JACKSON to run some HIGHER seeds to the limit, they have some girls that have played on the higher stage during TOURNAMENT TIME and substitutions may not be as numerous when it becomes, WIN OR GO HOME.... Good Luck to the IRONLADIES... :)

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Unioto wins todays tri match in four sets
2 over Wheelersburg
2 over Washington CH

Unioto has Westfall Tuesday,
And goes to Adena on Thursday.

Pretty tough 6 game stretch going into
Tourney Draw for Unioto

Zane Trace (win)
Huntington (win)
Wheelersburg (win)
Washington CH (win)
Westfall
Adena

If they finish this stretch 6-0
I think the will get some 1 or 2
Votes.
5-1 and they should get 3rd
4-2 and who knows what will happen

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Athens drops 1 today to 18-0 and Dublin Tourney champs Highland Sparta. Lost both sets 25-23

Beat Amanda and
Pinkrington Central

Waverly was idle.

I dont think the loss to 18-0 Highland Sparta is enough to knock Athens
Out of the #1 spot. Well it shouldn't be.

I dont see Waverly losing to S.Webster or N.West

Its gonna be hard for the Shermans to win their way into a home sectional tournament draw.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Athens deserves a number 1 seed after Saturdays tourney in Dublin. I hope the SE coaches are paying attention. They beat Pic Central ( should have ) beat #18 D3 ranked Amanda Clearcreek 25-23 and 25-18. Lost to #1 D3 ranked Highland Sparta 23-25, 23-25. Very productive day for coach Natalie and her Bulldoggies. I think Unioto just made an argument for a #1 seed too by beating #10 D2 ranked Washington C.H. in two sets. Unioto plays Waverly but it is after the draw but i like the "U" in this one even if it is on Waverly's floor. WCH will still breeze through the top half or north side of the bracket, but the south side will have some great matchups early with Athens, Unioto, Waverly and Zane Trace as the four top teams. Gallia may surprise somebody too.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Unioto beats Westfall in 4 sets tonight.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

I say Athens is top seed followed by Unioto ( especially if they beat Adena tomorrow ) then Zane Trace and Waverly is next. From there it is a crap shoot on the south side. Gallia should be a 5 with Chilli or Jackson or Warren the 6 and VC is at bottom. I know Waverly is good but their schedule is the weakest in all of the south side. TVC, SVC, SCOL and SEOAL all tougher leagues and non conference tourneys or tri-matches help your cause. The Athens tourney did boost them in my eyes.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

Seeding for the top four spots: Athens, Waverly, Zane Trace then Unioto. Waverly has had the weakest schedule for the last couple of years, but has made it to the District Finals the past two years. Last year they were third in the Athens tourney and got second this year. Waverly has had to make several adjustments with a new coach, new setter and new players in the line up. So far, they have risen to the challenge. Although they did beat Athens at the SSU Spikefest tourney this summer, Athens did beat them at the Athens tournment. Athens has some very strong players as well as Waverly does in Wiget, Martin and Riffe. In saying that, I do agree that Waverly's schedule has been somewhat weak, but they will be challenged next weekend when they play Unioto and Chillicothe. They have earned their wins and their spot. After watching both Zane Trace and Unioto, I think its a toss up. Both teams are very good. The South is very strong.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Without question it should be Athens with the number one seed and Waverly with the two seed. As mentioned above Waverly advanced to the District Finals the last two years and returns many of the players that were instrumental in their success. And a second place finish in this years Athens tournament validates their state ranking.

Not only are the Tigers 11-0 in league play but they are 33-0 in league games. Their record is 17-1 and 46-5 in games. Unioto and Zane Trace are both very strong teams. But to not give Waverly the two seed would be a profound injustice.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Why cant Waverly and Athens both be 1's? No way Waverly is worse than a 2.There shouldn't even be a question about that.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Waverly would be lucky to finish 4th in the SVC.......We will see how they do in the tourney.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

I have seen Athens and Waverly play my Warriors and some other good competition in the Athens invitational. I would say Athens is a clear #1. Waverly was beatable earlier in the year as they were still feeling things out , but if they continued to get better as I figure they have, they will be a tough out no matter where they are. Here is my take from an SEOAL side:

1. Athens
2. Waverly
3. Unioto
4. Zane Trace
5. Gallia Academy
6. Warren
7. Chillicothe
8. Jackson
9. Vinton

Warren and Chilliy have similar records, but I think Warren has better wins. Warren 9 -9 with 6 of 9 wins over teams with winning records. I could go with Zane Trace as 3 or 4 with Unioto. Gallia will be a tough out.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

Hear Warren got 7 seed in the South and play Unioto who got the 2 seed. Jackson who Warren beat twice and who had several weak wins got the 6 seed. Guess it pays to play an easier schedule!! Warren 5-2 in the SEOAL and Jackson is 2-5 and we are behind them. Jackson should have been the 8 seed.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

East. d4
1. beaver
2. waterford
3. eastern reedsville
4. trimble
5. southern
6. south gallia
7. symmes
8. st joe
9. green
10. miller

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Anyone hear about d4 west?

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I think they are falling behind, last years pairings was set online around 5.

Return to “Volleyball”