Scioto Valley Conference League Race

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Scioto Valley Conference League Race

Post by warningtrackpower »

SVC SPORTS TALK THIS WEEK

Fan Question #1: Shayne you were always hard on last year’s Unioto seniors and then in your defense you did praise them tremendously once they reached
their potential and won. FAIR/UNFAIR: It is time for us to be a little more critical of this Huntington group. They have knocked on the door of SVC supremacy
but the door seems to be locked.

Fan Question #2: Interesting to see Zane Trace beat Southeastern in the battle of top spot of the bottom half. Also seems like top four are going to play some
great matches. What is going to be the biggest factor that could separate these four teams?

Discussion is at 41:10 - click here, hit play arrow, and FF to listen . . . http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk090715

iknow
Freshman Team

Re: Scioto Valley Conference League Race

Post by iknow »

Was able to see my first match of the year tonight and Unioto and Adena did not disappoint. While Adena did pull out the 3-1 victory, I don't think those two teams are separated by much at all. While Adena's defensive game was superior, I felt like The U had better serving and better hitting. The difference really came down to the smart gritty play of Adena when it counted. The total match score was only separated by 6 points so I dont think a lot was settled tonight. Still a lot of volleyball to be played. Good luck to both teams.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

This week's volleyball is talking thoughts at the halfway point - http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk092115

plus on the website a look at tonight's Huntington/Adena match ... http://svcsportszone.com/2015huntingtonatadena.html

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Congratulations Adena on your return to the SVC Title Throne
For those of you whom forgot just how great the X is let me refresh your memories with this post from May 25th, 2015.

Xtoxxviii wrote: (From the 2014 SVC Game of Thrones thread. 5/25/15)

However
Like I have stated this coming years SVC volleyball will not disappoint.
Some will say the league is down, to them I scoff.
Now this years lot might not be as star studded as last season but make no mistakes the SVC will still be the best League in southern Ohio and we will have multiple SVC teams representing the league in the regionals and it would not be a surprise to see a taste of the SVC at the State level again.

My before the summer circuit predictions:

#1 Adena, no doubt about it the Lady's in the two shades of blue are back and ready to retake the league title they have missed out on for the past 3 seasons. Adena will not graduate a class of volleyball players that never wins the SVC in their four years of high school as long as coach Smith is in charge.

#2 Huntington, a lot of talent, getting them to play together will be the challenge.

#3 Unioto lost seven seniors from last years title team. Talent wise Unioto does not take as big of a hit as some will assume. The learning curve will be Leadership and each player learning their role and excepting their role. This will determine how successful the Tanks are on the season.

#4 Westfall lost a boat load of seniors as well but return the best overall player in the league, Hanna Phillips. How the rest of the cast picks up the speed of SVC varsity action will pace the Mustangs.

#5 Southeastern will be better, will be even better next season. Has the potential to move up from this spot.

#6 Piketon a year older and better. Like SE has the potential to move up, I will wait till after summer to see how the streaks have grown.

#7 ZT lost a lot to graduation coupled with no reserve squad from a season ago has the X wondering what Trace will be like. Always an athletic school so one is to assume they will compete with anybody in the league. I just don't know if they have "all around athletes" playing or athletic volleyball players.

#8 Paint Valley will bring in some freshmen that will impact the teams level of play from a season ago. I just don't think it will be enough to get them out of the cellar in this tuff of a league but look for the bearcats to make some noise in the tournament if they can stay healthy.

Only three episodes to go
And three months till the season starts
X
To recap the great one predicted:
#1 Adena
#2 Huntington
#3 Unioto
#4 Westfall
#5 Southeastern
#6 Piketon
#7 ZT
#8 PV

Where they are with two games to go:
1st Adena 12-0 SVC Champions,
Strong chance at Gold Ball
Putnam, Shea & Carroll should Tri-POY in my opinion

2nd Unioto
9-3 Ranked in the top 10 of DII
Out right 2nd place is still up for grabs,
but I knew my Sherman's would be better than most expected.

2nd Huntington
9-3
Need to knock off Adena to get a share of 2nd place.

4th Westfall
7-5
Right where I had them
The X still thinks Phillips is the best player in the league
And If you would look at it unbiased you would have to agree.

5th ZT
5-7
Ok this is my miss I had them 7th in May.
With two games to go they could still move higher in this years standings.

6th Piketon
4-8 (11-9 over-all)
Right where the X had them.
The streaks are playing the best ball right now
That a Redstreaks team has played in many a moon.
Only One loss out of conference tells you just how tough the SVC is.

7th Southeastern
2-10
Has shown signs of playing with anybody in the league.
A lot of upside to this group
and look for them to be in title mix next season.

8th Paint Valley
0-12
Of the bottom four teams in the SVC:
Combined out-of-conference record
24-5
Iknow some of you don't like the way The X brags about the SVC
And my knowledge of Westeros.
But you gotta admit 24-5 is pretty darn impressive for an out of conference record.
Especially when it's the bottom four teams of the SVC standings.

Winter is Coming
X

warningtrackpower
All Conference

On this week's show we are talking all-time SVC volleyball team and I need help from some older volleyball fans...http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... alk-101215

Return to “Volleyball”