Post by Hoggy »

Congrats Burg!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Federal Hocking

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations Pirates!!
Good Luck at State!!

Congrats to Federal Hocking on success of the Lancers on the diamond this year!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Great season Lancers!! Way to represent the TVC

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

way to go burg!
im rooting for you!
congrats from piketon, bring home a state title

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

great season lancers!!!! be proud of what you accomplished

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Burg is just rock solid, top to bottom of the line up. Tyler Thompson pitched a great game, but the boys from Burg just hit the ball hard, and took advantage of a few situations that a great team should take care of, and they did.

Fed had their chances as well, just couldn't get the kids to the last base. I believe that Burg had 9 hits, Fed, according to the board, had 4, but I'm not sure if I agree with the two fielders choice situations where Fed ended up plating a batter. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Burg was just the better team, nothing for the Lancers to be ashamed about, period.

Great game for both teams, and I wish my friends from Burg the best as they move on to Huntington Park. You like OU's stadium, you'll love Huntington Park!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I think the Burg getting FH to go down 1, 2, 3 in their first at bat and then for the Pirates to put 2 on the board in thier first at bat took a little bit out of the sails of the Lancers early. FH had some runners in scoring position a couple of times in the game but excellent defense by the Pirates stymied those efforts. The great running cacth by the right fielder, Dakota Luster, with men on first and sencond was huge. If that had gotten over his head I'm sure 2 runs would have scored. Of course Wheelersburg also had some base running blunders that probably cost them a couple more runs.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

That catch by Dakota will be on ESPN top ten- was awesome what a great catch i thought it was by him-incredible- ;-) Go Burg

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I agree guys, that was a momentum changing play. Kid got it done, and it was simply, a fantastic play. One or two fantastic plays by the Lancer outfielders, and we've got ourselves one hell of a game. Now, did the Lancer men misplay anything out there in the outfield? NO. I'm just saying that one or two outstanding plays by these young men would have made a significant difference in the game, that's all. The game was that close, a play here and a play there, and the Burg made the plays.

I know, if "ifs ands and buts were nuts", that's not what I'm saying. Great effort by both teams, and a gem to watch, period. I am super proud of the young men from Sturt tonight.

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

Great season, Lancers. You represented the community and the TVC well. Lancer Land is proud of you for all that you accomplished this season! Good luck to the seven seniors in their future endeavors!

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Hats off to the pitcher of Federal Hocking- after he accidently hit Andrew Elliott in the helmet- the pitcher went over to first base to check on Andrew and shake his hand- very classy was truly impressed with that- what a great athlete. ;-)

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

steely dan, i have to disagree! outside of the burg pitcher throwing one or two curves up in the zone that your guys hit well, he completely dominated the game! 4 hits 9 k's!!! overall, his breaking stuff baffled your hitters all day! Burg hitters knocked the snot out of the ball, had quite a few balls hit hard right at someone a few feet either way would've been extra bases for sure! also, a few missed calls by the base umps were big! actually burg should have plated a few more runs! not knocking FH, great team or they wouldn't have gotten this far!

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Not too far off, Predicted 5-1.
Congrats Burg

Return to “Baseball”