Wheelersburg Baseball 2011

Burg#1
JV Team

Wheelersburg Baseball 2011

Post by Burg#1 »

Any thoughts on the upcoming season. With the upcoming players it looks like they will fill the gaps with the loss of this past years graduations (whom were great athletes). Looking forward to the baseball season, any thoughts of who will fill the gaps and how do you think the Pirates will do this season. ;-) Go Burg

haha :)
Riding the Bench

Re: Wheelersburg Baseball 2011

Post by haha :) »

It will be hard to replace a great and athletic player like Andrew Elliot, that kid could play. But im about 100% possitive that Wheelersburg will still be an amazing team. They are a great program, and will figure something out. Good luckburg.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

No, you don't replace an Andrew Elliott. The Pirates will be ready to go though, that Im sure of.

Swami Sez
Waterboy

Post by Swami Sez »

All they do is reload! Year after year after year. They're a dynasty for gods sakes!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The great things about the Wheelersburg baseball program are:

1. For the most part, kids are taught basic FUNDAMENTALS at the LL level, they split the 9-10 kids into a league and the 11-12 in another league. IMO, this should be done by all LL in district 11, even if you have to travel.

2. The jr. high program started 8-9 years ago has been a big help in allowing kids to play additional games, develop talent and receive more FUNDAMENTAL coaching.

3. The JV coach's do a GREAT job of teaching FUNDAMENTALS and working kids in positons they may have to play at the varsity level.

4. Coach Estep and company run a first class program.!

The Pirates have kids playing JV ball that would be starting at a lot of other schools. Of course, this is just my opinion.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

challenge for pirates this year will be lack of starting pitching. very little experience at the starting role. several are working hard in the off season.

seeker
Waterboy

Post by seeker »

pirate coaches usually have a good crop of kids moving into thieir programs. good youth programs and parents willing to let the kids get better. you don't have to be a great coach to have a good record at wheelersburg. when you have talent to work with it makes life easier.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

seeker, I will be the first to say how lucky Wheelersburg is to have outstanding - hardworking kids that want success. This is a tradition that has been handed down for many years. However, those traditions would die if there were not outstanding - hardworking coaches that want to success. Thankfully, there is a lot of both going on in the Wheelersburg baseball program. The coaching staff led by Michael Estep prepares this baseball team as well as anyone in the country at the high school level. I have no doubt. I fully expect another outstanding season from the Pirates.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Anyone that thinks Wheelersburg is not well coached doesnt understand the game of baseball. That staff is second to none in SE Ohio and maybe all Ohio. Wheelersburg success doesnt happen by accident. Coaches work hard to ensure that the program continues.

seeker
Waterboy

Post by seeker »

i am not saying that pirates are not well coached but the players they have to coach makes the job easier. i am also not just talking baseball in this situation. coach estep is a good coach and has good asssistants. all i mean is that with all athletic programs and the players involved "any" coach could win 60 percent of their ball games at burg. talk to those coaches at other soc programs if this is the case across all of their sports programs. the answer is no.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Of course good players will always help the W/L results. But regardless of the talent that comes in, the Wheelersburg coaching staff goes about their business the same way. I've been a part of and have seen baseball practices at every level (from girls T-ball to high school to college to minor league baseball) at some point in my life. I've never seen a more dedicated or hardworking staff than at Wheelersburg. Again, this along with outstanding kids that work their tales off in the offseason combine for successful seasons.

I think that Michael Estep and staff could be successful anywhere and I believe that the Wheelersburg Pirates could be successful with other coaches. However, I think the two combined is a perfect match and thank God this is the case.

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

go pirates! can't wait to watch you guys this 2011 season!!!

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

I know of a couple places that I would like to see if they could win with that coaching??? Let that staff come to a couple other schools in that conference and see how they would do!! You are only as good as your players. If you have mediocre players your record will be mediocre!! If you have talented players, you will win a lot of games!!! How many games do you think a coach actually wins in a season of baseball????

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

The coaches prepare the players to make the plays in certain situations. Pick offs, hit/run, pitches, etc. all are called by the coaches and the players execute them. Again, it's a good combo and the situation at Wheelersburg goes well together.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Catch24 some people just dont get it.lol Or cant stand other peoples success.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Season getting closer- whose the players to look for this season for the Burg

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

question will be, can the pitching get the job done. not much experience on the staff at the varsity level. also, burg does not have the "ace" who can pitch 7 innings every start and probably get the win. juggling the staff will be the test for 2011.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

RxBurgFan wrote:question will be, can the pitching get the job done. not much experience on the staff at the varsity level. also, burg does not have the "ace" who can pitch 7 innings every start and probably get the win. juggling the staff will be the test for 2011.
You do realize Dakota Luster is a pirate right?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The schedule on the school website shows 4 games vs. Greenup Co. and all of them are shown as away games.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

fan_of_swankerpine wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:question will be, can the pitching get the job done. not much experience on the staff at the varsity level. also, burg does not have the "ace" who can pitch 7 innings every start and probably get the win. juggling the staff will be the test for 2011.
You do realize Dakota Luster is a pirate right?
Yea Luster is a Pirate, but how many varsity innings did he pitch last year. Guarantee he threw more innings as a sophmore than a junior.

Return to “Baseball”