SE

Re: Coaching openings

Post by 91blue14 »

good for him

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

90goldeneagle wrote:I heard today that it is likely that Ryan Lemley will be taking over at Warren this season.

If this is the case, Best Of Luck To Coach Ryan Lemley! he has done a lot for the community of Racine and the School of Southern! Worked well with the players in not only making them better athletes, but better men in life. Helped put Southern Baseball on the map.

tiger101
Waterboy

Post by tiger101 »

Any news on who Wellston hired?

jervin
Freshman Team

Post by jervin »

Wellston Hired Morgan Stevens. He will do a great job with them.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Pantherdad,
Is Coach Boster not coming back for a third season?

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

BB #26 wrote:Pantherdad,
Is Coach Boster not coming back for a third season?

No, Coach Boster will not be back.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

I am a little surprised Coach B. will not be back in the dugout this year. He played a lot of young kids the past couple years so I just figured they would let him finish what he started. Regardless ... Best of luck to the Panthers!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

BB #26 wrote:I am a little surprised Coach B. will not be back in the dugout this year. He played a lot of young kids the past couple years so I just figured they would let him finish what he started. Regardless ... Best of luck to the Panthers!
I don't know ALL the specifics, but it had little or nothing to with the record. Coach B. did play the young players which should bode well for the next 2 or 3 years at least. There is a good group coming up through Middle School right now as well.

For the new Coach, whether its a member of the current staff or someone from the outside, they will have:

1) A team full of Juniors and Sophomores that should be ready to win
2) Very good pitching...at least 4 solid starters and several more that can get outs in relief. There won't be a team in the OVC with as much quality pitching depth and they are mostly Juniors.
3) A defense that vastly underperformed last year but could be the second strongest feature of this team. The outfield is the biggest question mark but there are players. The infield has as much ability as any other team in Southern Ohio, but can they be consistent?
4) An offense that has a few very strong hitters, a few that had flashes of success but were inconsistent and a few that just need to help with their approach. There are a couple of kids that with the right instruction could absolutely have breakout seasons in 2014. This is the area that needs the most "coaching" so let's hope this area gets the proper instruction.

I don't foresee a whole lot of runs being scored against the Panthers this year...but can we score enough runs to win or will we be constantly battling through close, low scoring games?

Time will tell.

Go Peake

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Pantherdad,
Very interesting way of saying things. I will have to do some checking. Any idea who will take over. Somebody will benefit from the last two year's work. This will be a very interesting hire.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

I heard Southern hired Chris Carroll. Can anyone confirm this?

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Any word on the Peake job?

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

BB #26 wrote:Any word on the Peake job?
Believe there will be board vote Monday night (12/16). Don't want to disclose name ahead of time, but the name I've heard as the front runner would be a face new to the program. Don't know for sure if others are still in the running though. Hopefully we'll know tomorrow night so we can start officially working toward 2014.

Go Peake

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Justin Davis has been named head baseball coach for the Chesapeake Panthers. New to Chesapeake schools this year, Mr. Davis is also the Freshman Basketball coach for Ryan Davis' squad. However, there is no relation.

Is it baseball season yet? Let's get this thing fired up coach!

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Only way this talented group of kids will be very good is if certain parents keep their nose out of the coach's business and let him do his job. To many parents wanted to tell Ray what to do and when to do it. If they are so smart let them be the coach. This group of kids can go a long way if people just watch the game and shut up.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

After checking with a few individuals, I like the hire. Many people believe Coach Davis will do a good job with this group of kids. I am sure he will be an asset to all the athletic programs.

soccerfan14
Waterboy

Post by soccerfan14 »

Wow! Just heard the Portsmouth job is open.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Pantherdad,

How is baseball conditioning/workouts been going for Peake? This weather makes it impossible to get outside and throw.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

What workout? BB is still going on.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

BB #26 wrote:Pantherdad,

How is baseball conditioning/workouts been going for Peake? This weather makes it impossible to get outside and throw.
The non-basketball players have had weightlifting the last couple of weeks, but that is about it. 1st day of "coaching" is February 24th, so that is when everything gets into full swing. There are maybe 5 or 6 baseball players on the basketball team, so they will be occupied right up to that point. Doesn't look like the Peake hoopsters are ready for a deep playoff run this year, so I doubt basketball interferes much with baseball after the 24th.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Since the baseball coach will be assisting basketball I would be surprised that they start until March. Have they found an assistant for him yet?

Return to “Baseball”