#7 Meigs vs #1 Minford May 20th

Badboy
Varsity

#7 Meigs vs #1 Minford May 20th

Post by Badboy »

Should be a good game. Minford has been putting plenty of runs on the board.

Meigs coming off a long, 12 inning standoff vs Sheridan to advance.

Thoughts?

minford17
Varsity

Re: #7 Meigs vs #1 Minford May 20th

Post by minford17 »

No score through 3

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Minford 3 to 1 after 4

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Too many Minford mistakes. Meigs leads 6 to 3. All but 1 Meigs run unearned.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Same score after 6. Minford with too many miscues and runners left on base.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Meigs - 6
Minford - 3

Final.

Congrats Marauders!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Who is up next for Meigs?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

9th seeded Big Walnut from Columbus district

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks. Meigs program has improved since the beginning of the 2015 campaign. I think they have won 13 in a row since last defeat and are 18-6 overall.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Jottings wrote:Thanks. Meigs program has improved since the beginning of the 2015 campaign. I think they have won 13 in a row since last defeat and are 18-6 overall.
We have matured throughout the season and have formed a bond, these boys have a huger built up in them and are doing what it takes to keep winning....Keep it up Meigs Marauders!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Congrats Meigs, keep it rolling

baseball!
Waterboy

Post by baseball! »

minford17 wrote:Too many Minford mistakes. Meigs leads 6 to 3. All but 1 Meigs run unearned.
Meigs actually had at least 3 earned runs. Give credit where credit is due.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Guess it depends on who is scoring? Balks go toward earned rather than unearned don't they?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Seriously, give Meigs credit, Minford actually only had ONE earned run...They gave a hit that was technically an error when the right fielder missed it, thats 2 of your runs right there. Meigs played ball and got the win, made plays when they needed to. That's what counts. Don't be sore losers!!!

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Just calling it as I see it. Not being a sore loser at all. Your first run would not have scored would it not been for E6. An E4 and E9 lead to 3 unearned runs, and a balk is an earned run I believe. Congrats on the win just stating what may have cost Minford the game. You did capitalize on opportunities and Minford simply didn't. Too many LOB when opportunity presented itself to Minford.

Congrats also to 4 seniors from Minford. Dylan Shockley, Seth Jenkins, Matt Joyce, and Matthew Parker. Best of luck to you all.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Congrats to Meigs. Not too often a #7 seed makes it to the Regionals.

I sure would have loved to watch this Minford team make a deeper run. Congrats to Coach Tim Martin on a remarkable coaching career.....20 years at Minford and he made a great difference in every young man that came through his program. Good luck to Brent Daniels as I believe he will be taking over the helm next year.

Good luck the rest of the way to Meigs.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Whether a run is earned or not it still goes on the score board. Congrats to the Mariners.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

There were two misplayed balls in right, one by each team, that were given hits that I thought were errors. However, baseball is a game that if you put the ball in play and the defense can't get the outs, you've still EARNED it! Cameron only giving up six hits to a team that smashes the ball was impressive. I will say, that big park was not friendly to Minford. Some of the balls they hit would have been out of most high school fields, but were just fly balls for easy outs last night. They really needed to hit the ball down. They didn't adjust and Cameron kept the ball where he needed to in order to get those long fly ball outs. He is a smart pitcher and I think he knew if he kept grinding, he'd keep getting those fly ball outs. Great effort all around by Meigs.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

BlizzardMan wrote:There were two misplayed balls in right, one by each team, that were given hits that I thought were errors. However, baseball is a game that if you put the ball in play and the defense can't get the outs, you've still EARNED it! Cameron only giving up six hits to a team that smashes the ball was impressive. I will say, that big park was not friendly to Minford. Some of the balls they hit would have been out of most high school fields, but were just fly balls for easy outs last night. They really needed to hit the ball down. They didn't adjust and Cameron kept the ball where he needed to in order to get those long fly ball outs. He is a smart pitcher and I think he knew if he kept grinding, he'd keep getting those fly ball outs. Great effort all around by Meigs.
Cameron told me before the game, He says I know they are gonna hit the crap out of the ball, but I trust my defense behind me. He knew he wasn't going to blow the ball by them. One of my friends sat behind the Rio Coach with the gun and said he was just hitting in the high 70's, but he was hitting them clear up to the last pitch. Very proud of him, especially the way he started out the year. Had him at the ER a few times for swelling and tendonitus, but it worked it's way out.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:There were two misplayed balls in right, one by each team, that were given hits that I thought were errors. However, baseball is a game that if you put the ball in play and the defense can't get the outs, you've still EARNED it! Cameron only giving up six hits to a team that smashes the ball was impressive. I will say, that big park was not friendly to Minford. Some of the balls they hit would have been out of most high school fields, but were just fly balls for easy outs last night. They really needed to hit the ball down. They didn't adjust and Cameron kept the ball where he needed to in order to get those long fly ball outs. He is a smart pitcher and I think he knew if he kept grinding, he'd keep getting those fly ball outs. Great effort all around by Meigs.
Cameron told me before the game, He says I know they are gonna hit the crap out of the ball, but I trust my defense behind me. He knew he wasn't going to blow the ball by them. One of my friends sat behind the Rio Coach with the gun and said he was just hitting in the high 70's, but he was hitting them clear up to the last pitch. Very proud of him, especially the way he started out the year. Had him at the ER a few times for swelling and tendonitus, but it worked it's way out.
I took a few peaks midway through. I saw 77 on two or three fastballs.

Return to “Baseball”