TVC ohio predictions 2008

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

for_love_of_the_game_3 wrote:WHO DO THESE TEAMS HAVE IN COMMON, OTHER THAN VINTON COUNTY??????? They all lost there top players. Alex. has nobody they lost all their pitching and catching. Bean and Demosky were great players but other than that they had nobody. Belpre, no more thornhill. i am tired of people saying nelsonville will even be a contender for the title. Wellston lost a lot and depending on their coach may lose more. Meigs will probably win it again becase they have good pitching in Dunfee and a good center of the field with Bolin and Wells in the middle of the field. Vinton County will be looking for some people to step up and pitch and to find a new 3rd baseman with the lose of their third baseman. they only lost that one every game starter. the pitchers they lost were either pitching or not even in the line-up, and they will be losing a great DH. They are very young and will definately be a contender for the title.

Belpre will have a freshman class coming in that is SUPERB! Speed Speed Speed and great bats. The 8th grade class has just as equal talent.
New fence going up possibly at Belpre too. It needs it bad.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Regulator wrote:If you are going to win the TVC you better do it this year. Let me tell you why. Athens will be joining the league next year. Some of you may say so. But here is the difference. They have a great little league program, they have clinics for their kids, and they have dedicated coaches (not saying other coaches are not dedicated.) I don't live in the Athens area, but with these areas they will be very tough in a not so tough league.

Look for Athens to go on a league title run for many years.

I do agree. Athens has a good staff. The only thing I see they are doing that might get people turned off is the prices they are asking in little league for signups. I have heard alot of bad things about that.

webgem6
Waterboy

Post by webgem6 »

for_love_of_the_game_3 wrote:WHO DO THESE TEAMS HAVE IN COMMON, OTHER THAN VINTON COUNTY??????? They all lost there top players. Alex. has nobody they lost all their pitching and catching. Bean and Demosky were great players but other than that they had nobody. Belpre, no more thornhill. i am tired of people saying nelsonville will even be a contender for the title. Wellston lost a lot and depending on their coach may lose more. Meigs will probably win it again becase they have good pitching in Dunfee and a good center of the field with Bolin and Wells in the middle of the field. Vinton County will be looking for some people to step up and pitch and to find a new 3rd baseman with the lose of their third baseman. they only lost that one every game starter. the pitchers they lost were either pitching or not even in the line-up, and they will be losing a great DH. They are very young and will definately be a contender for the title.

Don't really understand where you were at last year love_of_the_game. First off, Alexander lost 7 starting seniors off of last years team, with Thomas, Myles, and Brozak all playing at the college level so I don't know how legite your comment about them not having anyone last year besides Demosky and Bean is. Second, Belpre was not just a one man show with Thornhill, the few games I got to see of them it was the rest of the lineup picking up the slack while Thornhill played at an average level.

BleedThePurple96
Waterboy

Post by BleedThePurple96 »

1. Wellston/Meigs
3. Belpre/Alexander
5. Vinton Co/Nelsonville-York

Return to “Baseball”