Adena's 2 losses

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Adena's 2 losses

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Does anyone know the 2 teams that Frankfort Adena has lost to this year? Just curious as they are ranked number 1 in the coaches poll.

BULDOG
All Conference

Re: Adena's 2 losses

Post by BULDOG »

one was to zane trace 7-5 around mid-season i think. not sure of the other.

burgfan2
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2 »

I think it's funy that Adena and Zane Trace are ranked so high with losses and Wheelersburg is at the end of the pack being one of two undefeated team in the state regardless of division. Plus Burg beat Zane Trace in 5 innning by the 10 run rule. Doesn't make any sense. No love for us down here.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Washington CH

This is pathetic. Seriously, if your coach(or someone) would send information about Wheelersburg into the state voters, then they would be the higher ranked team. I bet a lot of the voters don't know Burg is undefeated, since they don't get anything about them.

I wish they would show who voted for them, because I bet almost all(if not all) of their votes they are getting, are from the SE Coaches that vote.

I'll add in that I think Wheelersburg is the best team in the state, let alone the SE District.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

dan, we appreciate the passion with what you posted in the previous thread but we are more interested in where we end up at the end of the year. It is our desire to be visiting Copper Stadium soon.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

What Dani is preaching is the truth.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

yep... IMO, I would rather stay out of the polls/rankings and sneak through the tourney unnoticed. :122245 It means nothing.

Wheelersburg is a solid ball club as their undefeated record indicates, but it also takes playing well and little luck at the right time.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

dani, I'm not complaining because the Burg isn't ranked higher. It's like Bama and buldog said, polls mean absolutely nothing unless you can back it up at the very last game of the year, the state final.

Like was said above, I would rather not be ranked at all and then catch a team off guard and beat them, but with the Burg's reputation over the years, they won't be sneaking up on anyone.

All it takes is one bad game in the tourney and your season is over. Just look at the Burg last year. From what I heard, they were the better team on the field against ZT, but ZT made the plays when they needed and beat the Burg 1-0. Burg let to many chances slip away in that game that would have let them win in regulation, but they had that one bad game and that was all it took.

I think this team has the capabilities to win it all, but you never know until you play the game.

I know it is a cliche, but Burg just needs to take it one game at a time once they get in the tourney. If they look ahead to a certain opponent, it will bite them in the butt.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Here is how much these voters know:

They gave first place votes in D4 to New Boston, who doesnt even have a team this year.

This was on the latest coaches poll released.

What a joke.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I saw that also. Just goes to show you how much credibility those polls have.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

It probably meant New London which a good D4 program.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I understand the first poll having Wheelersburg so far down, but after it came out, everyone saw they were undefeated. Wouldn't they vote different next time? I know if I see a team that is 20-0 or whatever, next week I'm ranking them in the top 3, especially a team like Wheelersburg who we all know plays tough competition year in and year out.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Look, I watched a Federal Hocking team go against the state runner-up Adena team in the 2005 District Finals.

Wheelersburg is the best D3 team I have seen in my memory as an adult. Keep in mind that I am closing in on 24. I don't feel like I can judge teams from my high school days.

The SVC teams own the polls and the coach's all-state selections. FH had a D1 scholarship player pitch a 9-2 pitching record with a 0.5 +- ERA (against the best in the TVC, plus Warren and Gallia in 2006), combined with a .582 BA (on a team that rarely has .500 hitters, despite winning a lot) with 25+ SBs, 40 RBIs, and he still did not get selected to the all-state team that year. At the same time, the SVC teams in D3 were pumping 2 or more a piece on the team. BTW, I posted his numbers more than once on the coach's forum. I'm not the head coach, but that proved it once and for all that the system is pure BS.

The polls are not much different. It's a buddy system.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

....and the Federal Hocking coach votes?
Last edited by Bozo on Wed May 07, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I think there is more significance placed on spreading the publicity for the polls from the SVC. The polls do not bother me. They are cute. That is all.

The all-state selection in 2006 just flat burned me up. No way is someone going to convince me that the SVC had multiple players in 2006 better than the best player in the TVC since I have been watching. Plus, the college scouts agree, and he had the stats to match. Combine that with the fact that I did make his stats public, it makes it clear that I just didn't have the right names next to the player's name.

Let's just put it this way. I know some former Ohio University baseball players. I told them that the FH player was coming to OU. This was last spring. They were skeptical about him because of past SEO position players that had joined the roster, including a 2006 all-stater. However, I have recently talked to them, and they agree that he is finally a position player from SEO that can actually play.

Oh, and this is Rocky Brunty's first year as a voter. Also, he doesn't care to push his team for the polls. He gives them his vote somewhere on the list since they are 17-4, but he doesn't care to buddy up so others will give them a BS top 5 spot. Though, I'm sure he would like to see some all-state recognition.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

yes
Last edited by Bozo on Wed May 07, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Then it's his second. Plus, Hendershott has been gone since 2006.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Boy some folks have issues. The SVC gets a little recognition for a boys sport and everyone acts like the sky is falling. Polls don't mean much in high school sports. All that really matter is the tournaments draw anyway. Didn't Wheelersburg get a #1?Just go into the tournament and prove them wrong. I highly doubt SVC coaches are playing the buddy system any more or less than anyone else. Good Luck to ALL.....

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

What world do you live in justthefacts of course they are budding up.Adena has been at the top of the polls for 4 years and has never won the big game the poll is a joke.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

YEAP !!!! Just take a look at the D IV, New Boston hasn't played a game all year ( an thats ashame ) an they got votes!! An further more about the buddy system look at the DIV EAST side of the sectional bracket SOC I vs SOC I an SOC II vs SOC II then look at the top side 1 an 2 seed playing the same ol team they beat up on all year. Just put SW or Oak Hill in the 7-10 spot an then watch what would happen. BUT THERE IS UR BUDDY SYSTEM FOR U !!!! Just alittle something to look at an then make up ur mind !!!

Return to “Baseball”