Sectional Tournament Seeds

Pol pot
SE

Re: Sectional Tournament Seeds

Post by Pol pot »

Raider6309 wrote:The first two rounds are at the top teams home field. After the first two rounds it is played at Ohio university

Same as last year

NO it is NOT, the sectionals are at the site of the highest seed, then according to the website, two District games will be played at Athens High School and two will be played at Ohio University, both District Finals will be held at Ohio University. The location of the District Semi's is dependent upon whether or not Athens High School plays in the District Tournament. That is the information provided on the link.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Didn't realize we get two regional teams. But that's right pol pot

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Raider6309 wrote:Didn't realize we get two regional teams. But that's right pol pot

Raider, why do think it's so hard for some of these people to look this information up in the right place, instead the whine and complain. Missing the second bracket is easy to do.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pol pot wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Didn't realize we get two regional teams. But that's right pol pot

Raider, why do think it's so hard for some of these people to look this information up in the right place, instead the whine and complain. Missing the second bracket is easy to do.
Kinda like how not all information loads on the seodab website on all devices? The information you posted above didn't show up on my phone or iPad when I previously searched the site. So thanks for posting that.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote:
Pol pot wrote:

Kinda like how not all information loads on the seodab website on all devices? The information you posted above didn't show up on my phone or iPad when I previously searched the site. So thanks for posting that.
Wasn't showing up on mine either.. But I got on the computer and see it now.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Ok, say Athens gets beat and there are 4 district semi games (DII). Since there are (2)5:00 and (2) 7:00 games, Which games will be at Athens high school and which ones at OU?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Seodab shows both D4 district winners going to Lancaster regional with the bottom bracket winner also going to Lancaster regional and playing the Centerville winner. However the the Ohsaa shows the Chillicothe bottom winner going to Springield regional playing the Centerville winner. Where is the correct location for the Centerville vs Chilli lower game, Springfield or Lancaster?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SE is sending two schools to the regional tournament as usual, but this year is unusual in that one SE school is getting shipped to Region 15 (Lancaster) while the other is being sent to the region at Centerville.

The change occurred because the SW District before this year had always sent all four regional participating schools there, but this year the district only ended up sending three.

As a result, the Central District will now qualify two schools into the regional at Lancaster.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Thanks. Seems like Columbus is way more convenient to Springield or Centerville than the SE rep is. Are Columbus teams allergic to going more than 20 miles to a regional?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

mhs95_06 wrote:Thanks. Seems like Columbus is way more convenient to Springield or Centerville than the SE rep is. Are Columbus teams allergic to going more than 20 miles to a regional?
Not sure if it is a matter of being "allergic". Beavers Field is in the Central District, there may or may not be a rule on it, but it would seem rather unorthodox for a regional site to not first be filled up by the district that the site is located in.

There is some precedence to this, albeit not in the form of a tournament to my knowledge. Last year n Divison V the Pike County schools got shipped to the SW Ohio region for football. And generally the Central District fills in, *almost* as a rule, the Southeast Regional in a majority (if not all) of the tournaments across the sports.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Zane Trace a #3 seed in the DIII bracket makes me scratch my head a little.

Meigs as #2 seed behind Jackson as a #1 seed make me scratch my head a little more, but Fairfield Union #2 behind Sheridan #1 sort of baffles me in the DII bracket. But the manner in which this seeding gets done is by definition imperfect, so overall it is pretty close I think.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Dandy Don wrote:Zane Trace a #3 seed in the DIII bracket makes me scratch my head a little.

Meigs as #2 seed behind Jackson as a #1 seed make me scratch my head a little more, but Fairfield Union #2 behind Sheridan #1 sort of baffles me in the DII bracket. But the manner in which this seeding gets done is by definition imperfect, so overall it is pretty close I think.
FU had a better record then Sheridan and beat them AT Sheridan in a DH 5-1, 10-0.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Zane Trace should have been a #2 seed instead of Adena.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Falcon01 wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:Zane Trace a #3 seed in the DIII bracket makes me scratch my head a little.

FU had a better record then Sheridan and beat them AT Sheridan in a DH 5-1, 10-0.
That may actually work out better for FU as they avoid Meigs' side of bracket in the districts. If they would have been #1 seed they would have ran into them assuming both advance.

In DIII I like the Rockets chances of winning a couple.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Dandy Don wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:

That may actually work out better for FU as they avoid Meigs' side of bracket in the districts. If they would have been #1 seed they would have ran into them assuming both advance.

In DIII I like the Rockets chances of winning a couple.
well it's baseball, and you have to win the game on the field, so it'll play itself out. In baseball, you can get beat by anyone on any given night, so seeds aren't THAT important. Just thought it was odd from a seeding standpoint

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

completely agree "any given night" applies to baseball more than basketball or football or almost any other sport.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Catchup13 wrote:Ok, say Athens gets beat and there are 4 district semi games (DII). Since there are (2)5:00 and (2) 7:00 games, Which games will be at Athens high school and which ones at OU?

If Athens gets beat in the sectionals, according to the bracket, the top bracket will then be played at Athens High School and the lower bracket will go to Ohio University. If Athens wins, things will be the opposite

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I agree, Meigs has a better record AND swept Jackson. Why they were not the No. 1 seed is baffling.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

What's funny here is that over on the basketball board everyone wants voting and seeding done like they do in the Central. With baseball and softball you pretty much have that with the online voting and the non neutral sites for the sectionals and then everyone complains.

Also on the basketball side, when a coach submarines a team to manipulate the seeds people get up in arms at the coaches, on this side they complain about the process. To those who complain that seeding needs to be done face to face, I believe the SE did this for years, and guess what, you still had coaches that played games and intentionally voted teams lower to benefit themselves.

But hey, helps make this board more exciting.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

No, fix the online voting!
Last edited by petesweaty on Fri May 06, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Baseball”