MLB callup for former Wheelersburg Pirate

alabama mike
SE

MLB callup for former Wheelersburg Pirate

Post by alabama mike »

Josh Newman with the Colorado Rockies. Josh should be pitching in relief the remainder of the season. Best of luck to a local young man.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Congrats to this Scioto County kid.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

WOW!!! That's awesome news.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Congrats to Josh. He has worked extremely hard to get where he is today. Good Luck!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

another area kid makes the show.. congrats to josh on this amazing accomplishment.

i guess i can now say that i played with and was pegged by a major league player.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

I have followed him every week on the internet for the last three years. I have not seen anywhere on MLB.com, ESPN.com, etc.... where he was called up. I have looked at transitions and Colorado Rockies team site. Does anyone know where I can see that he is on the major league team????

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:I have followed him every week on the internet for the last three years. I have not seen anywhere on MLB.com, ESPN.com, etc.... where he was called up. I have looked at transitions and Colorado Rockies team site. Does anyone know where I can see that he is on the major league team????

it was in the ports daily times today sayin his debut is tonight

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/ar ... newman.txt

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Good for him, always a great achievement to reach the top of your chosen profession and reach "The Show"

I remember watching him dominate at the Chillicothe Regional when he was in HS. Then watching him pitch at OSU as well.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to Josh Newman on making the "show." Make Wheelersburg proud.

"Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life. You know, you never handle your luggage in the show, somebody else carries your bags. It was great. You hit white balls for batting practice, the ballparks are like cathedrals, the hotels all have room service, and the women all have long legs and brains."

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

I know what the Times wrote but here is the link to the box score and from what I can tell Josh wasn't even with the team

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gi ... b_colmlb_1

Chalk up another one for the Portsmouth Daily Goof-up!

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Big boy, just because he is not in the box score doesnt mean he isnt on the team, it just means he didnt get in the game. I promise, he got the call up to the big leagues.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

He is on the Rockies active roster on their website as of Saturday evening.

Big Red
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Red »

Here's the info posted on the Colorado Rockies website:

Rockies add another reliever: The Rockies purchased the contract of left-handed pitcher Josh Newman from Triple-A Colorado Springs before Saturday's game. Space for Newman on the 40-man roster was made by placing relief pitcher Ramon Ramirez on the 60-day disabled list. Newman, who has never pitched in the Majors, went 3-2 with a 4.06 ERA in 55 relief appearances this season with the Sky Sox.

CONGRATS, JOSH!!!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Josh made his major league debut last night pitching a one inning shutout.

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

Good for Josh.

Hopefully, he can find a permanent roster spot on the Big club.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

josh's first year up with the rocks and they are in the world series. with him bein on the 40 man but not the active roster if they win the world series does he get a ring?

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

He will get a playoff share. $$$$$

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i know he'll probably get a playoff share but would he get a ring

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

yes, I am pretty sure anyone associated with the team over the 2007 season will get a ring. even the trainers. Even the players that were traded to another team. If they played for the Rockies during the 2007 season then they would receive a ring.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Regulator wrote:yes, I am pretty sure anyone associated with the team over the 2007 season will get a ring. even the trainers. Even the players that were traded to another team. If they played for the Rockies during the 2007 season then they would receive a ring.

really

Return to “Baseball”