2008 Meigs Marauders

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

2008 Meigs Marauders

Post by Marauder_2010 »

How do u think the Marauders will do this year returning 7 of there 9 starters from the TVC Ohio Championship team???

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

they should win the TVC Ohio Title. They return two of their top pitchers in Austin Dunfee and Bryan DeLong. Who are Meig's Seniors this year?

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

i think they might win the TVC Ohio....i think they will lose to southern this year

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

I'm thinking the only returning senors are dunfee and Aaron story....im not sure about Nathan cook if he is playing or not

Kenneth Bixx
Waterboy

Post by Kenneth Bixx »

Coach Grimm is the class of the TVC in coaches, and it doesn't hurt that he has the most talent returning either! Most of last year's pitchers are gone, and Meigs had the top offensive team in the league in 07.

Alex replaces everyone, Wellston has to replace all of their pitchers, Belpre lost their two best players and had very little pitching to begin with.

Vinton County lost their top three pitchers and NY both of theirs.

10-0 for the Maurauders in '08!!

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

i agree with that, they shouldnt lose a game in the league. Alex lost Bean, Demoskey, and Thompson, Belpre lost Thornhill, VC and NY are usually weak, so i see meigs winning it , no problem this year... Well maybe until they play the boys from Racine.... 8) :)

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

yea go southern

MVP
Waterboy

Post by MVP »

They should win the league if they dont underachieve. Wellston lost the majority of the team and will be down, and so should Alex. Shouldnt be a whole lot of competition for them the way they looked last year. Good luck

MVP
Waterboy

Post by MVP »

They should win the league if they dont underachieve. Wellston lost the majority of the team and will be down, and so should Alex. Shouldnt be a whole lot of competition for them the way they looked last year. Good luck

Gary Redus
Waterboy

Post by Gary Redus »

Wellston will still have the most athletic team in the league and most talented as they did last year. Meigs has the best baseball team.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

i can't wait for this year's season to role around

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

What's your schedule look like for this season?

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

im not sure yet...but i no that we picked up miller, fed hock, and Marietta........we might play Adena again but im not for sure.......and we might try to get Fairfield Union...but im not sure of the whole schedule ...ill get that out as soon as i can get the teams and dates.

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Pitching Talent

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

Meigs did lose the pitching talent of Poole but Dunfee will easily fill that gap. Delong is solid and Joe Unbankes should be a really good addition as a new face at the Varsity level. Eugene Patterson can add depth to the pitching rotation as well This team will easily win the TVC Ohio and should fare extremely well in the playoffs. They've got the drive, determination and talent to do it and Grimm can take them there. Can't wait to get this season started. Good luck, Marauders.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

i agree... They should have two solid pitchers and a good third. Their Bats will be good as well....

for_love_of_the_game_3
Waterboy

Post by for_love_of_the_game_3 »

Hey Redus I have a question? First off who does Welston have this year ? Is Coach Derrow returning? But yes Meigs is going to be tough but saying that Welston is going to be the most athletic is pushing it a little far.

Gary Redus
Waterboy

Post by Gary Redus »

When you consider they were winless in football and won't win many basketball games, Wellston is no where near as athletic as usual. However, they have some nice players coming back and when you look at what everybody else has, the overall athletes in the league are as down as it ever has been. Normally, Wellston can hit and run with anyone. Making good decisions and executing are bigger factors in baseball--Also, when that was said, it included a couple of guys that will not be playing for Wellston now.

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

Post by threesportathlete09 »

Gary Redus wrote:When you consider they were winless in football and won't win many basketball games, Wellston is no where near as athletic as usual. However, they have some nice players coming back and when you look at what everybody else has, the overall athletes in the league are as down as it ever has been. Normally, Wellston can hit and run with anyone. Making good decisions and executing are bigger factors in baseball--Also, when that was said, it included a couple of guys that will not be playing for Wellston now.
redus wo are some of the players who wellston will be without this year?

stillballin
Waterboy

Re: 2008 Meigs Marauders

Post by stillballin »

I believe they were involved in a three way tie for the championship with Wellston and Alexander. Wellston returns 4 of their starters and will also add a fifth starter after he heals from an injury. Thsy also had a JV team that only lost a few games.

Fonzie
S

Re: 2008 Meigs Marauders

Post by Fonzie »

I think that Nathan Cook will have a huge impact for the Varsity yeam this year.

Return to “Baseball”