JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Meigs
Belpre
Alexander
Wellston
Vinton Co.
Nelsonville-York

I think Meigs will once again be the Ohio Division champion....beyond them it's a total guess for me.

underarmour740
Waterboy

TVC ohio predictions 2008

Post by underarmour740 »

I didnt want to post on my own topic but im going to anyways!

1.Belpre- young good team (future is bright)!
2.Alexander- give alexander a year to regroup could turn some heads! (future is also bright)
3.Meigs-good group of kids play well together also could surprise you!
4.Welston- give them time could also surprise you!
5.Nelsonville-rebuilding mode could have some upsets!

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

My Predictions:

Meigs
Belpre
Alexander
Nelsonville
Vinton County
Wellston

joliet jake
Waterboy

Post by joliet jake »

1.Co-champs NY- Have all their key positions back, Lose 2 players will not be rebuilding in 08, will be much better than they were this year.

1. Belpre- Co champs will battle it out once again with NY. Should have better numbers out and be tough.

2.Meigs- They will be solid again, They lose great talent but someone as always will step up. Great talent in back up QB that will be in there for story next year.

3.Athens- First year in the league will play some new teams get some wins. will be very tough in a couple of years.

4.VC- Lose some great talent once again will have to rebuild.

5. Alex- Will improve but cant put them higher until they can win a couple of league games a year. They have a lot of heart But need to string some league wins together. Not playing all their JV games this year will hurt their future

6. Wellston- A lot of younger players coming back. But the lack of a full JV schedule will not help.

Just my outlook

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Joliet:
This is a baseball forum not a football forum.

underarmour740
Waterboy

TVC 2008

Post by underarmour740 »

Thanks Regular.. I was thinking is This guy Nuts!

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

yea reading his post reminded me a lot of football. im not gonna give any predictions but ill just say i think the spartans are gonna turn some heads in their season. go spartans!

underarmour740
Waterboy

TVC 2008

Post by underarmour740 »

Any names from Alexander to watch for...?

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

hers the players i have to look out for:
-Matt Sheets- This kid is a natural when it comes to baseball.
-Tylor Gillette-i look for him to be a great pitcher, and hit at least 4 homeruns in the first 5 games.
-Adam McCarty- money man McCarty returns after a record breaking football season.
GO SPARTANS.

underarmour740
Waterboy

TVC 2008

Post by underarmour740 »

What about the other teams can I get a 411 on those..?

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

Meigs is returning 7 of their 9 starters from last year's team....plus some very talented kids that were on jv last year....should be a great year for the marauders.

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Maruauders the team to beat

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

Meigs is going to be a force to be reckoned with this year. This team was a threat last year with inexperienced, underclassmen taking the field...this year, they have at least a year of Varsity experience under their belts and will be a powerhouse. The loss on the field of Poole and Blackston as well as support from the bench from Smith will be felt; however, the infield will be solid. Kids moving up from JV will sure fill in the gaps in the outfield. Go Meigs!!!

Baseball_101
Waterboy

Post by Baseball_101 »

I heard Grimm has them under some intense workouts... thats gonna be the key to their success this season. Best of Luck Meigs

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Athens does not join the TVC until next season. They officially begin league play in all sports in the fall of 2008, so for baseball it will be spring 2009 before they play baseball league games.

webgem6
Waterboy

Post by webgem6 »

I look for this to be a two horse race right out of the gates and to the finish with Belpre and Meigs. Alexander, who is a favorite almost every year, will certainly have some growing pains to go through in 2008. Young pitching and an inexperienced lineup will certainly show. Without the likes of Thomas, Bean, and Demosky this year will hinder a run in the TVC.

for_love_of_the_game_3
Waterboy

Post by for_love_of_the_game_3 »

WHO DO THESE TEAMS HAVE IN COMMON, OTHER THAN VINTON COUNTY??????? They all lost there top players. Alex. has nobody they lost all their pitching and catching. Bean and Demosky were great players but other than that they had nobody. Belpre, no more thornhill. i am tired of people saying nelsonville will even be a contender for the title. Wellston lost a lot and depending on their coach may lose more. Meigs will probably win it again becase they have good pitching in Dunfee and a good center of the field with Bolin and Wells in the middle of the field. Vinton County will be looking for some people to step up and pitch and to find a new 3rd baseman with the lose of their third baseman. they only lost that one every game starter. the pitchers they lost were either pitching or not even in the line-up, and they will be losing a great DH. They are very young and will definately be a contender for the title.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

If you are going to win the TVC you better do it this year. Let me tell you why. Athens will be joining the league next year. Some of you may say so. But here is the difference. They have a great little league program, they have clinics for their kids, and they have dedicated coaches (not saying other coaches are not dedicated.) I don't live in the Athens area, but with these areas they will be very tough in a not so tough league.

Look for Athens to go on a league title run for many years.

rivercat
Freshman Team

Post by rivercat »

Vinton County may be another year or two away. They seemed to play a lot of sophomores and freshmen on varsity last year, and that should pay off in the long run. Grillo is a player but Seymour will be missed. Look for Meigs and Wellston to be at the top this year.

Return to “Baseball”