SVC baseball

Sports 101
Varsity

SVC baseball

Post by Sports 101 »

who is looking strong this year, and is there any coaching changes?

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

The usual suspects including the two defending district champions.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Childers at Piketon
Carrol at Huntington
Zickafoose at Adena

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

I know we say this year in and year out but i think its true again this year....

The league will be very very balanced this year...Adena has to be the clearcut favorite but after that most would assume Zane Trace but who knows....

The rest of the league: Westfall, Piketon, Unioto, Huntington, Southeastern, and Paint Valley could all stake claim to the top couple spots and pull off a couple spoils as well.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Piketon will be better than what people think, they have a lot of young talent! And coach Childers is a perfect fit for Piketon.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I just found out Dean Lightle is the asst., he coached the junior class up until high school. He has really taught these boys how to play the game!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

It is getting closer to the start. Adena would have to be the favorite with Unioto the only other team even close this year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bozo- I wouldn't leave out Westfall or Zane Trace from near the top.

Westfall has Billy Fullen returning to the bump and he can be dominating at times and I'm sure they will have some other very good players around him(Cline, Cobb?)

Zane Trace still returns a Wonderleigh and some other very good ballplayers. They also have Ron Allen and he's been able to get it done every year since he's been at ZT.

I think that this will be the most balanced the league has ever been, each team will have solid pitching and good coaching. The SVC always has very strong coaching, IMO.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I agree with Westfall and Fullen. ZT will still be solid. There should be some great games this spring.

Return to “Baseball”