bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Athens Baseball 2008

Post by bulldog0909 »

thoughts?

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Their tradition and reputation has been taking a hit in the past few years due to lack of competitiveness in all sports, so I would say that they have much to prove before people begin talking or posting about Athens. For that reason, I wouldn't expect to see many Athens posters here.

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

I'd love to see Athens go out of the SEOAL w/a bang. I hope Athens is holding that SEOAL title overhead as they head into the TVC OHIO!!!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Thats the thing about Baseball.
Last year does not matter. Every league game does.

Back in 2002 ATHENS won around 12 games, lost 19. League Record was .500 or worse.

Then, in 2003 ATHENS went 11-2 in League Play and Captured the Title.

LAST YEAR HAS ONLY A DROP IN THE BUCKET EFFECT.
If your team played over the summer, hits the weights then the advantage is in the play. There are no guarentees in a baseball game.

So I Say This To The 2008 ATHENS BULLDOGS...
This is it, SEOAL fairwell tour is coming to an end.
Be one of the many ATHENS BASEBALL teams that put one on the wall and capture the title. How sweet would it be to say you were the last ATHENS BASEBALL team to win a SEOAL title, because right now, if you come up short that will be something I can say, however I'd rather let you have the honor.

GO BULLDOGS GO
"JUST WIN BABY!"
2008 is the only thing that matters...

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

They probably will fair better this year than they will next year in the TVC. I feel the TVC Ohio which they will be in is a better league as far as baseball than the league they play now. Alex, Belpre, Vinton all very good baseball teams and Wellston has been very good also. Even some Hocking teams will
give them fits, Federal Hocking, Eastern, Southern and Trimble may be better than the Ohio Division. Good luck to the Bulldogs this year.

Return to “Baseball”