Minford 2008

burgbacker
Riding the Bench

Re: Minford 2008

Post by burgbacker »

Good. I'm glad these kids are getting such a great opportunity.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I didn't think you could travel outside the contiguous states for scrimages?
Have a safe trip

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

It should be good for them to see what will probably be some good competition. No more big fish, little pond syndrome. Are the teams they will be playing very good??

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

What do you mean by big fish in a little pond?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Bozo wrote:What do you mean by big fish in a little pond?

It means they did very well last year, and should also this year. It will be good for them to face some very stiff competition to get them ready for the season. It is good for a team to get outside scioto county sometime and see how it is other places.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

IRONFALCON wrote:
Bozo wrote:What do you mean by big fish in a little pond?

It means they did very well last year, and should also this year. It will be good for them to face some very stiff competition to get them ready for the season. It is good for a team to get outside scioto county sometime and see how it is other places.

It will be good for our Minford Falcons to go out and play some "stiff competition". Hey, what do you say we go to every game this year. I think besides the trip down to Tennessee we can make all of these games easily. So how bout it ??

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Sounds good, the more support from the community these boys get, the better off they'll be. I look for this team to make some noise this year.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

IRONFALCON wrote:Sounds good, the more support from the community these boys get, the better off they'll be. I look for this team to make some noise this year.

I agree 110 %.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

i think this will be a very solid team this year. good leadership.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i think the falcons should do well this year ,as long as sum dont get the big head . but i know that coach martin will not let this happen. just keep working hard falcons . went by the field yesterday and seen sum work being done concrete trucks.man coach martin nevers stops improving the field he is a blessing for falcon baseball keep up the work coach!! go falcons.. 8)

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Here is the schedule for the 2008 MIGHTY MINFORD FALCONS :

Mar. 17 Jackson (Scrimmage) Away
Mar. 25 Portsmouth (Scrimmage) Away
Mar. 27 Gallipolis (Scrimmage) Away
Mar. 29 Eastern Meigs (Scrimmage) Away
Mar. 31 Zane Trace Home
Apr. 1 Huntington Ross Away
Apr. 2 South Webster Away
Apr. 4` Oak Hill Home
Apr. 5 Peebles (Double Header) Home
Apr. 7 Valley Home
Apr. 9 Northwest Home
Apr. 10 Lewis County Home
Apr. 11 Waverly Away
Apr. 12 Eastern (Double Header) Home
Apr. 14 West Away
Apr. 16 Wheelersburg Home
Apr. 21 Oak Hill Away
Apr. 23 Valley Away
Apr. 25 Northwest Away
Apr. 26 Coal Grove (Double Header) Home
Apr. 28 Waverly Home
Apr. 30 West Home
May.2 Wheelersburg Away
May.5 South Webster Home
May.7 Ironton Home
May.8 Zane Trace Away
May.10 Piketon ( Double Header) Home

Not sure why the games down in Nashville aren't on here.....Ohh well. Good luck to the boys and hopefully this season will be a very special one to the Mighty Minford Falcons !

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Also look for the bleachers to have stadium type seats. Nice and comfortable. Minford continues to have one of the nicest facilities in the region. The team is working hard and you know Coach Martin and Co. will have them focused and ready to play. This team subscribes to the family philosophy, so there will be no need to worry about egos or anyone getting the big head.

wolfenbaker
Waterboy

Post by wolfenbaker »

Congratulations to Jared Farmer for signing with Mt. Vernon. Have seen him play the last couple years, a very good pitcher and all around baseball player. He's fun to be around and a very respectful young man. Good luck this year!!!!
:razz:

SEOfuturecoach
Waterboy

Post by SEOfuturecoach »

The field looks nice already. Seating is great! New concrete poured last week! What an amazing job Martin does!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

SEOfuturecoach wrote:The field looks nice already. Seating is great! New concrete poured last week! What an amazing job Martin does!

He does do an amazing job. Tonight is the first scrimmage. The Mighty Minford Falcons take on the Jackson Ironmen. I don't know if I will be able to make this game but I am sure going to try. Good luck Falcons.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

The Falcons looked a little rusty the first two innings. THen they picked it up. Starting SS jared Farmer was ill and couldnt play. Oesch , Cook and Johnson threw for the Falcons. Cook and Johnson were dominate Oesch struggled a bit. The Falcons look to have speed throughout the lineup. Gaines, Oesch, Matheny, Cook and RF Zach Gahm can all fly. DOnt know the final score it was a good game for the two teams. Good Luck Ironmen in your season. GO FALCONS!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Well, at least it was only a scrimmage game. I talked to one of Minfords players today and he said that they lost all 4 scrimmage games last year! And look where they ended up...The districts. So, it was tough for them to lose last night but, it could be worse. I believe the final was 10-9 ??? Not 100% on that but it is around there somewhere. GO FALCONS !

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

That is what scrimmage games are all about....working the rust out and getting ready for the regular season games.

I agree that Coach Martin has done one heck of a job on the field and the baseball complex overall. I am still amazed how he gets the athletic department to spend the money.

When I played for Minford in the early and mid 90's, the field was nice but in no way what it is today. If it wasnt money spent back then for football or basketball, it just wasnt spent plain and simple.

Coach Martin has done amazing things for this program, specifically and more importantly for the kids involved in this program. He is a top notch fundamentals coach and more importantly he has a strict philosophy that is enforced and nobody regardless of who their parents are follows a different set of rules. That is why he is undoubtably one of the most respected individuals in southern Ohio baseball. He had an immediate impact on my senior class on and off the baseball field, which was his first year as an assistant at Minford.

He indeed deserves a big pat on the back. Too bad every school isnt priviledged enough to have a coach like Tim Martin.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Bleeding Red wrote:I agree that Coach Martin has done one heck of a job on the field and the baseball complex overall. I am still amazed how he gets the athletic department to spend the money.

The majority of what gets accomplished on the field is through donations and hard, physical labor. A lot of people have contributed to that facility and it is due to the leadership of Martin. He loves the kids, baseball, and that field.

I think overall, they did good for a first scrimmage, ONCE they woke up and started playing. There were some nice hits last night and any rust that is there will wear off quick as more scrimmages are played and the season gets started. As we all know, pitching can still be a little tough this time of year since some, unfortunately, played basketball. Trust me, these kids are athletes and will be a fine tuned machine by opening day. Top to bottom, this is a solid team with a lot of depth.

Big Red
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Red »

who is minfords jv coach!

Return to “Baseball”