Meigs American Legion Post 128

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Meigs American Legion Post 128

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Post 128 has a new coach for this upcoming season. The schedule that has been previously posted is still in question. Im goin to attmept to contact coach haislop and see if there have been any additional changes to the schedule... so once i get some info, ill post it asap. But as mentioned earlier, there is a new coach for this season. Tom Woods will be the head coach, Tom has coached a senior pony team in Racine, and i know from experience, playing for him is a good time, and he has great knowledge of the game. Its not only going to be a successful season for post 128 but one that will surely be remembered. Things are in the process of getting organized right now. . . but updates will be posted on the schedule and sites of games as soon as it is organized. Just thought id post this to let everyone know, because i knew there were questions earlier about if there was even going to be a team... the answer to that is yes and the preparation the new coach is takeing are still in process... :)

Post 128's website is also not up to date, but once we find out the schedule and other things, the site should be updated, if we can get the info needed to run it. heres the link, just for future refrence once things are finished, like i said, the site only shows those who donated money last season and the schedule and events for this season are not yet organized, but like ive mentioned, its all in process. heres the link:

http://www.baseball-teams.com/teams/meigs/

R_T_N

Derf
Riding the Bench

Re: Meigs American Legion Post 128

Post by Derf »

Should be another great season.
I'll see them when they come to Lancaster or Pickerington.

Derf
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf »

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

look at them guys what studs...i like wes in that picture lol

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

What happened to Coach Haislop? I thought he was taking over total control of the team this year?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I herd that the legion choose not to go back to him this year, I am not for sure why, but I have herd that the new coach should be good.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

i think i read in this forum last year that the meigs team won their first district title in 30-some years. a little strange that they would want to change directions now. has to be more to this story.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

yes we did win the district tourney and made our first appearence at the state tourney in 30somethin years... Haislop was a good guy but ... idk... Tom Woods knows a lot about the game and will be an excellent fit for the job...

longball315
Freshman Team

Post by longball315 »

yes tom will do a good job

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I hope that this is NOT about playing time. I know Will Haislop has put a lot of work in already for this year, completing the schedule and attending the mandatory meetings. I really hope that this is NOT about little Johnny not playing as much as Mom and Dad thought he should.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

hawkeye....I agree, but my guess is that's what it's all about.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

HP - If that is the case, it is truly a shame. Coach Haislop really did a nice job with the Meigs team last year, after a very rocky start. They really seemed to come together and had great chemistry, and we all saw the outcome.

Good luck to Meigs this year, with your new coach. I really hope that this change was not about playing time... :roll: :roll:

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

hawkeyepierce wrote:I hope that this is NOT about playing time. I know Will Haislop has put a lot of work in already for this year, completing the schedule and attending the mandatory meetings. I really hope that this is NOT about little Johnny not playing as much as Mom and Dad thought he should.

No this is not the case... Just to make it clear.. its not

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

RTN, I hope you are right, but all of my sources say it is.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

hawkeye .... i dont know what to say to your sources...... everyone is going to give a different thought or opinion on why he doesnt have the team again this season, some may say that was the reason and some people may say 20 different things... But all you can look forward to now is the future, and im sayin that Tom Woods will do a fantastic job with the team...

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

I'm not sure about the little Johnny comment but I think Tom Woods will do a fine job w/the team this year, I just hope more boys from Eastern come out this year. I only saw 1 Eastern boy out there last year.(who is returning for this year)

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

there wqas two Eastern kids on the team last year, one will not be returning for his senior season due to age limits but the other will probably be Easterns ace pitcher...Titus Pierce.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Maximus wrote:there wqas two Eastern kids on the team last year, one will not be returning for his senior season due to age limits but the other will probably be Easterns ace pitcher...Titus Pierce.

LOL technically at one point there were 5 eagles out there.. lol Corey Shaffer, who wont be returning, Joel Lynch, who cant play his senior year of HS due to age and wont be able to play this summer, Titus Pierce will return to the legion team this summer and will be entering his sophmore year at Eastern, and two other guys played but didnt finish the summer and theyll be playing at eastern

1wish
Waterboy

Post by 1wish »

i know it is about the parents complaining about playing time and it makes me sick that the legion would not give will the job because of it. and by the way cory shaffer will be back this season he is only 18

Return to “Baseball”