Minford @ Portsmouth scrimage 3/25/08

Bryant4219
Waterboy

Minford @ Portsmouth scrimage 3/25/08

Post by Bryant4219 »

This should be a very good preseason matchup!!! What are peoples thoughts on this one?

Bozo
S

Re: Minford @ Portsmouth scrimage 3/25/08

Post by Bozo »

Who do the Mighty Falcons open the season with?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I went down to see "most " of this game,,,dont know the score or who won,,it was close when I left.

Minfords Pitcher,,"name'??...throws the ball very hard,and mixes it up well.

I think John Harcha was the picther for Portsmouth, he looked pretty good also.

two players for Portsmouth hit home runs over the green Monster....John Harcha,,and Josh Myers

Bryant4219
Waterboy

Post by Bryant4219 »

The score was actually 7-4 (portsmouth) the pitchers name is Jared Farmer and this kid can bring tha heat!! I believe he is hitting in the 90's on the radar gun.!! and yes John Harcha looked very good only giving up i believe 2 runs in about 3 innings. He also jacked a solo homer, along with josh Meyers and Howard Harcha.. Sorry biggdowgg you must have missed the last bomb by howard... Portsmouth really looked good all around and really played very good defense. Starting the preseason beating Minford will carry out along way into the season!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

wow, I wished I would have stayed to see Howards homer, this team seems to have some pop, its good to see all 3 of the Harchas playing.

I was thinking the Pitcher for Monford was the Farmer kid, he is a great baseball player.

Portsmouth goes to fairland today "wednesday" ..hope to see some more long balls 8)

bullhead
Waterboy

Post by bullhead »

Myers not Meyers :mrgreen: You guys will see his name enough in the future to know how to spell his last name

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

that was my mistake, I never proof read anything I type"sorry Josh" ;-)

trust me,I have seen him plenty enough to know how his name is spelled 8)

I was more worried about spelling Harcha :shock:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hey I just checked,,I did spell it correct :lol: :razz:

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Bryant4219 wrote:The score was actually 7-4 (portsmouth) the pitchers name is Jared Farmer and this kid can bring tha heat!! I believe he is hitting in the 90's on the radar gun.!! and yes John Harcha looked very good only giving up i believe 2 runs in about 3 innings. He also jacked a solo homer, along with josh Meyers and Howard Harcha.. Sorry biggdowgg you must have missed the last bomb by howard... Portsmouth really looked good all around and really played very good defense. Starting the preseason beating Minford will carry out along way into the season!!!!

90's? Are you kidding me?! I saw Farmer pitch many times last year and he was low 80's to mid 80's on a nice day. No way has he improved his fastball that much! Especially this early in the season. My guess is 83-85 at best, on a warm day 85-87. Too many people don't realize how fast 90 plus really is. Nowadays when someone sees a pitcher throwing "hard" they automatically think 90 because they have never seen 90 before.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

I agree... Farmer is an excellent pitcher but is not throwing in the 90's.

I believe I heard somewhere were he has been clocked at 85-86 this past summer/fall. Being the pitcher that he is, if he was throwing in the 90's he would have pro scouts all over him.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I can see a high school senior gaining 3-4 MPH on his fastball, especially with the pitching instruction that he is fortunate to have aroundh him.

So that would put him hitting 90 MPH on his high end fastballs.

But I dont really think he is going to be consistently clocked at anything over 85 IMO. Regardless, he is a heck of a high school pitcher and he will do great things for Minford this year.

Which pitcher from Minford gave up the home runs?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Bleeding Red wrote:I can see a high school senior gaining 3-4 MPH on his fastball, especially with the pitching instruction that he is fortunate to have aroundh him.

So that would put him hitting 90 MPH on his high end fastballs.

But I dont really think he is going to be consistently clocked at anything over 85 IMO. Regardless, he is a heck of a high school pitcher and he will do great things for Minford this year.

Which pitcher from Minford gave up the home runs?

Farmer gave up one and then Shaun Cook, Minfords other talented pitcher, gave up 2.

Return to “Baseball”