Warren Warriors Week 2

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Warren Warriors Week 2

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

This week is going to be a stern test for the Warrior ball team, especially with only one game under their belt so far. They start with league favorite Zanesville on Monday, followed by Gallia, Marietta, Parkerburg (WV), Athens and a doubleheader with Morgan. There will be a lot of kids called upon to pitch. It will be interesting to see how they fare.

Jottings: Will the Gallia game be considered a league game? Gallia is the only team we play from the South Division.

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Warren Warriors Week 2

Post by jottings »

Scoop...It will be a non-league. Gallipolis has two non-league games with Warren.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

That's what I thought. Will you be coming to the Hill?

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren let one get away at Zanesville tonight 6-5. The Blue Devils scored in the bottom of the 7th with 2 out on an error. Warren had 7 errors on the night and I don't believe Zanesville had an earned run. Daniel Wagner went the distance for the Warriors, pitching very well for the second outing. Zanesville has a solid group of ballplayers. Cole Hudson started for Zanesville and has a very live fastball. Nate Heiss hit his 2nd homer in as many games for Warren.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

7 errors!

wow that is unbelievable. Where did the errors come from? How upset is Wagner?

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Catch the ball boys!

maninthemiddle
Waterboy

Post by maninthemiddle »

Cap-n-scoop Was at the Zanesville game and the winning run was not scored on an error. Man on second and batter hits a hard single up the middle. That is how the game was one. Check the box score about the earned run comment. Bottom line pitcher was left in too long for Warren.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Sounded like there reliever Maxwell from Zville shut down Warren after taking the mound and there a good defensive team which alway's keep's you in the game and the best part these youngster's are soph's..Way too go Blue Devil's...

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

6 runs, 2 earned

pitcher in late or not, that is faulty defense not coaching mistakes

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren 11
Gallia 1

Warren jumped out to an early 3-0 lead in the first inning and never looked back. David Lemon went the distance for the Warriors, now 2-1. Just about every starter had a hit for Warren, Lemon had 2. Gallia looked to have a young team on the field tonight.

Warren is home against Marietta tomorrow night.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren 11
Gallia 1

Warren jumped out to an early 3-0 lead in the first inning and never looked back. David Lemon went the distance for the Warriors, now 2-1. Just about every starter had a hit for Warren, Lemon had 2. Gallia looked to have a young team on the field tonight.

Warren is home against Marietta tomorrow night.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I was there also. I was not trying to take ANYTHING away from Zanesville! They are a very solid ballclub. If Warren wants to win the league title they must make that play on the hard ground ball up the middle...and it should have been made. It was a well hit ball but not out of reach. I stated that I didn't "believe" Wags gave up an earned run...my mistake.

Swami...Wags was still throwing very well late in the game, Zanesville just put the ball in play throughout the game and Warren's infield did not make the plays. It was not a coaching mistake to leave him in. Wags wasn't happy after the game but he is a competitor and will never be in a good mood after any loss.

Both of the Blue Devil pitchers were very good. The starter looked very good early but lost control around the 4th inning. The reliever shut Warren down, he didn't look to have the stuff of the starter but was definately effective.

Guys, I was not trying to start anything...Zanesville is THE team to beat and Warren had a chance to get that one. I love watching these teams play each other. I'll take a 6-5 loss to Z-ville over a 20-3 win over Trimble any day.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Scoop...Won't be be to make the trip this evening. Would appreciate score and some info on the game.

Gallipolis has just played three games with five postponements. G-Devils are 2-1 overall and 1-0 in SEOL.
Last edited by jottings on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

maninthemiddle
Waterboy

Post by maninthemiddle »

Cap-N-Scoop Thanks for the comments about Z-ville, I agree with you, I would rather watch Warren and Z-ville plays 20 times a season. Also i wanted to give you a thank you for the comment you made in a previous post about 2 of the all time top players in the SEOAL that played for Zanesville from last year. I am the father of one of those young men that has moved on to play college ball. Good luck to Warren this year and I hope we continue to have the battles on the field as we have in the past. Like to meet you sometime, attend the games i can for Z-ville, but come Legion season i will be the guy in the box on first base for post 29.

gtowntiger78
Riding the Bench

Post by gtowntiger78 »

Filling up the first base coaches box is an understatement! maninthemiddle is just eye candy for all the mom's at the games.....!! Hey baby girl...............
You know we're just kidding you, tell C that we will try to see him when they come to town to play, I'll be home by then.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren finished the week strong with a win over Parkersburg and 2 over Morgan.

Return to “Baseball”