Minford vs. Lewis County Thursday April 10

thenino
Freshman Team

Minford vs. Lewis County Thursday April 10

Post by thenino »

Minford takes on Lewis County tomorrow night. Anyone have any info on LC?? Minford has been playing some good baseball as of late so I'm excited to see how this one turns out tomorrow night.

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: Minford vs. Lewis County Thursday April 10

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I don't know much about Lewis County. Don't think it really matters. The Mighty Minford Falcons are starting to roll and play up to their potential. I sure would hate to be Lewis County coming into Minford and having to play a "well oiled-machine" like the Falcons. I hope the Lewis County fans bring an umbrella to the game because Minford is going to bring a crap storm with them.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Lewis County is 1-3 on the season I believe with 2 losses to East Carter (one 6-3), Greenup 12-5. Greenup is a solid club as is East Carter which both will compete for their regions.

Minford will need to remain focused in this one and not look past the Lions of Lewis County.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

BULDOG wrote:Minford will need to remain focused in this one and not look past the Lions of Lewis County.

Amen, brother. As we all know, anything can happen on a given day, so Minford needs to stay focused and not look ahead to Waverly on Friday. I have complete faith in Coach Martin that he will have the player's heads right for the game and they will be focused.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Non Conference game and the Falcons will have to keep the bats hot to back up the pitching on the mound.

Cant look past anyone, just take it one game at a time and execute.

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

Does anyone know who is pitching tonight?? My guess would be either Oesch or 'Torch' Johnson

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Where is the game being played, Minford or LC?

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

alabama mike wrote:Where is the game being played, Minford or LC?

Minford at 6:00.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

thenino wrote:Does anyone know who is pitching tonight?? My guess would be either Oesch or 'Torch' Johnson

Oesch will be on the mound.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

FalconFan wrote:Oesch will be on the mound.

Wrong. It was Jeremiah Johnson. Nice 6-0 win for the Falcons. Oesch was lights out behind the plate and gunned down 3 or 4 runners trying to steal second. Nice defense by the Falcons, nice pitching job by Johnson, and an all around good game. The boys showed a lot of hussle on the base paths, too. Good job Falcons.

Waverly is tomorrow and that should be a tough game.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
FalconFan wrote:Oesch will be on the mound.

Wrong. It was Jeremiah Johnson. Nice 6-0 win for the Falcons. Oesch was lights out behind the plate and gunned down 3 or 4 runners trying to steal second. Nice defense by the Falcons, nice pitching job by Johnson, and an all around good game. The boys showed a lot of hussle on the base paths, too. Good job Falcons.

Waverly is tomorrow and that should be a tough game.

Darn. That was the first time I have ever been wrong in my life... :roll:
Anyway, "Torch" Johnson pitched a brilliant game for the Mighty Minford Falcons tonight. He was helped by some great defense and some nice hitting by his other Falcon teamates. Ethan Gaines in particular had a nice hitting day and Robbie "Jungle Cat" Matheny had a nice double to the center field wall. All in all, a nice performance by all the Falcons and this sets up a BIG game with the Waverly Tigers. GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

FalconFan wrote:Darn. That was the first time I have ever been wrong in my life... :roll:

Are you going to be ok? :122245 It was a coin toss, but it would be hard to pull Oesch out from behind the plate right now. The kid is gunning 'em down left and right from behind the dish.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
FalconFan wrote:Darn. That was the first time I have ever been wrong in my life... :roll:

Are you going to be ok? :122245 It was a coin toss, but it would be hard to pull Oesch out from behind the plate right now. The kid is gunning 'em down left and right from behind the dish.

So, who is going to be on the mound against Waverly ?

red ninja
Waterboy

Post by red ninja »

I look to see Farmer on the mound against Waverly because Cook and Johnson have pitched the last two days and Oesch is needed behind the plate. Possibility of seeing Michael Martin but i would doubt it in a game like this.

honesty
Waterboy

Post by honesty »

Johnson threw a three hitter last night with some great defense behind him...he supported himself at the plate as well hitting the ball great...oesch hit the ball very well also going 3-4 on the night i believe...it was a great team effort from the falcons and will be hard to beat if they keep it up!!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

hammerdown wrote:LC varsity lost to minford,LC jv beat minford down there.

I don't think that Lewis County JV and Minford JV even played. Maybe I'm wrong.....

Return to “Baseball”