WAVERLY @ MINFORD

TrojanXplosion
S

WAVERLY @ MINFORD

Post by TrojanXplosion »

This game should be a dandy. I don't know much about Waverly but I do know that they gave burg all they could handle. This game will be a good test for the Falcons and I see them coming out with a win in this contest. Who will be on the mound for the Falcons?? My guess is either Oesch or Farmer. Regardless, I can't wait for this game. Go Falcons!!!!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Re: WAVERLY @ MINFORD

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

FalconFan wrote:This game should be a dandy. I don't know much about Waverly but I do know that they gave burg all they could handle. This game will be a good test for the Falcons

This game may be as tough a challenge as the Falcons have faced. I know they lost to Zane Trace, but they are a better team than what they were then and are playing really good ball right now. I think if that game were played again, the Falcons would be 8-0. Back to tomorrow's game against Waverly, Waverly has played Burg tough and they drilled South Webster yesterday 15-4 and hit 3 HRs during the game. This will be a good match up. Go Falcons!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Zane Trace game is in the past. It is over and nothing can be done about that loss. This team is to good to dwell on one game. They will have a perfect time to set the score straight with Zane Trace later on in the season. But, for now, the Falcons need to look at Waverly. Like I have said it earlier post, the Falcons are a finally tuned oiled machine. And, I don't see them losing this game to Waverly. Yes, Waverly might be the toughest team Minford has played so far but, Minford is really rolling right now. I wouldn't bet against the Falcons, especially the way they are playing as of late. This game will be good, but, Minford will find a way to win.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

FalconFan wrote:The Zane Trace game is in the past. It is over and nothing can be done about that loss. This team is to good to dwell on one game. They will have a perfect time to set the score straight with Zane Trace later on in the season. But, for now, the Falcons need to look at Waverly. Like I have said it earlier post, the Falcons are a finally tuned oiled machine. And, I don't see them losing this game to Waverly. Yes, Waverly might be the toughest team Minford has played so far but, Minford is really rolling right now. I wouldn't bet against the Falcons, especially the way they are playing as of late. This game will be good, but, Minford will find a way to win.

I agree 100% and was not implying to look back. I was just substantiating this will probably be the biggest challenge to date. They are a fine tuned machine right now and are executing well in 3 key elements of the game (pitching, hitting, and defense) and that will be a plus. As long as they keep it up, they will be 8-1 after tomorrow.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

What time does the game start ???? I know that there was a little confusion today with the game time of the Lewis County game. The schedule said 6 but the game was changed to 5. I was lucky enough to know about the change but, some people didn't know about the change and showed up at 6. So, what time is the game with Waverly scheduled for ??

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Waverly defeated a solid Chillicothe ball club last night 4-0. Chilli beat Burg 7-2 in an earlier scrimmage.

This could be a close one if Waverly plays like they did against Burg. But after their 1-0 win at West, i'm not too sure about their consistency. If Roberson is on the mound it should go down to the wire. A Farmer vs Roberson matchup would be a dandy. Waverly hitters seem to like the fastball and if Farmer can stay ahead in the count he should be ok. As always, pitching is the key and manufacturing runs with small ball may be a huge factor in this game.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

BULDOG wrote:Waverly defeated a solid Chillicothe ball club last night 4-0. Chilli beat Burg 7-2 in an earlier scrimmage.

This could be a close one if Waverly plays like they did against Burg. But after their 1-0 win at West, i'm not too sure about their consistency. If Roberson is on the mound it should go down to the wire. A Farmer vs Roberson matchup would be a dandy. Waverly hitters seem to like the fastball and if Farmer can stay ahead in the count he should be ok. As always, pitching is the key and manufacturing runs with small ball may be a huge factor in this game.

Thanks for the update.

honesty
Waterboy

Post by honesty »

should be a tight game b/t two of the top teams in the soc2!!! the team with the less mental mistakes will win this one!!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I'd say the team with the most runs at the end of the game will win.

honesty
Waterboy

Post by honesty »

Nice call falcon fan!!! :122245

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

FalconFan wrote:I'd say the team with the most runs at the end of the game will win.

I'd say you are right :122245

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

BULDOG wrote:Waverly defeated a solid Chillicothe ball club last night 4-0. Chilli beat Burg 7-2 in an earlier scrimmage.

This could be a close one if Waverly plays like they did against Burg . But after their 1-0 win at West, i'm not too sure about their consistency. If Roberson is on the mound it should go down to the wire. A Farmer vs Roberson matchup would be a dandy. Waverly hitters seem to like the fastball and if Farmer can stay ahead in the count he should be ok. As always, pitching is the key and manufacturing runs with small ball may be a huge factor in this game.

Don't put too much stock in the win over a "solid" Chilly team to judge against The Burg or Minford scenario ..Chilly has numerous problems at the moment (and last night) . Injuries to Dunn and Carey , Benching of Grow at SS and 2b Buskirk quitting on Weds. the team is in tormoil at the moment . Buskirk was the only kid hitting and Dunn was warming up when he was hurt . Carey gives the team flexibility on the infield and pitches . We played a kid a SS last night that may have not played there since maybe little league w/ Grow being benched and Carey being unable to go. Not sure which way Coach is gonna go when the dust clears . The team needs Grow's bat thats for sure , but subpar fielding is taking a toll . Any team w/Dawes and Speakman is a threat to win any game ,they just haven't been hitting yet .

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Wow... Wasn't aware of all the issues at Chilli. Thanks for the updates chilltown.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

It's raining pretty hard out there. Doubt they will have the game. Anyone know anything for sure yet ?

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Post by the lone ranger »

Whats the weather like in Waverly right now?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

the lone ranger wrote:Whats the weather like in Waverly right now?

Maps show rain. And, severe thunderstorms are predicted for tonight.

Return to “Baseball”