What should be done with Newville Little League?

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

What should be done with Newville Little League?

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

District 11 will be holding a meeting on the state of Newville Little League on 9/13/08 at 7:00 p.m. in the Sciotoville Community High School.
Who may attend? All members of the Newville Little League (parents and players),Board members, and District Staff.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: What should be done with Newville Little League?

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Its time to bring all biddy level sports back to Sciotoville. Not just Football.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I stated how I feel about this in the softball forum. September 13th, I will be at East High School for this meeting hope alot more Sciotoville people are there that care about bring little league back to Sciotoville like I am. I have said for three years now that we need it back.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Should anyone have any questions, contact Phil Briggs @ 357-9621

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The reason it was taken from Sciotoville the first time was because no one would take control of the league. Dan Mullins and his wife worked their rear ends off trying to keep the league at Sciotoville but could not get anyone to step up and help. I hope this time the people will accept the challenge. Communities are only hurting the high school programs when they do not have GOOD, QUALITY youth programs feeding the junior high and high school. Good luck to getting the league back home.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Does anyone know what was decided at this meeting?

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

BlindWhiteHat wrote:Does anyone know what was decided at this meeting?

Nothing was decided. Only 12 people showed and 6 of them was board members.They (Newville Board)stated the league fine. No one contested.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

The_Sports_Junky wrote:
BlindWhiteHat wrote:Does anyone know what was decided at this meeting?

Nothing was decided. Only 12 people showed and 6 of them was board members.They (Newville Board)stated the league fine. No one contested.

This is sad. When I played in Sciotoville, we had 4 little league teams and 4 senior league teams. Man how times have changed. I wish we could go back to the mid to late 70's or even the early 80's. Life seemed so much better then.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

It is sad indeed when the people of Sciotoville do not care anymore than this about their youth sports program. I guess Little League will step in now and make a decision for everyone.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

How could everything be fine with this league if they did not have a league last year?
I have had people question me about the kids in this area so that they could be eligible for all-stars. To me, something should be done before the first of the year so that if it does not have a league, the boundaries could be expanded and all these kids to grow up in a area and play ball there every year and not have to wonder every year if there will have a league and be eligible to play all-stars.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Gapper, they are included as it stands now and for the past 8-10 years in the Newville LL. This is a combination of New Boston and Sciotoville. Any boy or girl who lives within the New Boston and the old Portsmouth East school district is elibible to play ball and if they get in enough games, play all stars.

Peanut
JV Team

Post by Peanut »

I'm glad to here that they had a league. The information that was given to me was that they didn't have a league, so all I wanted was for the kids to get a chance to play in their own league and play all-stars. Good Luck for the spring season. Thanks.
Can I also ask if they had teams this past year? I know they did not have all-star teams, but did they have regular season teams?

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Very, very sad :aaaaa18 baseball just don't mean anything to kids there ike it used to. Heck, the New Boston all-stars even made it to the little league world series in the '60's. Shows you how much things change....

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Late 80's we had 2 SR teams at East and 4-5 LL teams. And we were good! If NB and East communities cannot work together for the sake of the kids, then NB should just continue to have Newville and if East cannot get a charter,etc? Then certain Sciotoville residents/business owners should go buy uniforms and start their own league. Pick some teams and go play each other ! I really am cluelss when it comes to why we(east) do not have LL !

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

NICKNEVADA wrote:Late 80's we had 2 SR teams at East and 4-5 LL teams. And we were good! If NB and East communities cannot work together for the sake of the kids, then NB should just continue to have Newville and if East cannot get a charter,etc? Then certain Sciotoville residents/business owners should go buy uniforms and start their own league. Pick some teams and go play each other ! I really am cluelss when it comes to why we(east) do not have LL !

Commitment from people in the community, plain and simple. People want to gripe and complain but they do not want to help. Sciotoville will not get a charter because they do not have the kids to play or the people to run the league.
Last edited by alabama mike on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KOOLKOACH
Freshman Team

Post by KOOLKOACH »

save the sport !!!! no matter how !! 8)

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

last year newville didn't have a 9-10 yr old team. they didn't have enough kids so they called clay to take them and they did.
for some of the kids it was the first time they played allstars in thier lives. they loved it. but they will not let us combine.
and i blame the people who run newville. they have no money , no coaches, and nobody that cares. they don't care about the kids from sciotoville.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

will they have any teams this year? if the kids don't want to play there why make them. :twisted:

Return to “Baseball”