Waverly Baseball

seetherfan
Waterboy

Re: Waverly Baseball

Post by seetherfan »

waverly doesn't play freshman no matter how good they are. if there is an upperclassman that play the same spot they will play the upperclassmen over the freshman no matter what stats are or how much better the freshman is

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Ummm, I believe Harrison Martin started as a Freshman last season...

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Soccerfix,
I would never talk bad about a student athlete- just the opposite- try to motivate them- what I mean about Roback is once he gains more experience on the base paths he will be the stolen base king. His athletic ability is off the charts! Remember he ran track as a frosh.
Right side of the infield is where they have to replace a couple of three year starters. One thing i will say about Waverly- if they work hard good things will happen!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

So Bucki4life your saying that by replacing two graduates with a junior and a senoir that will make the right side weak? Your reverse pyschology is to tell the new starters that they are weak and after hearing that and destroying their confidence they will play better?

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

I am saying they will have some tough shoes to fill and yes on paper we will be stronger on the left side and I also have no idea who plays on the right side but you must already know- what I am saying is you never destroy a kids confidence instead just raise the expectations. In other words just make it clear we need to step it up and replace two very talented players who graduated!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Bucki4life, I guess you know who's starting on the left side. Maybe by moving Teeters to second and putting Martin at short,the middle should be pretty strong. My mistake Tackett is a senior and Trevor will be hard to replace although baseball wasn't his best sport.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

What ever happens it will be here before you know it- can you believe football season is over already?
None of us know who will be playing anywhere until that first game and I think this could be the best team Waverly has had in a long time.
Enjoy basketball season it should be fun too.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

seether-you must not follow the Tigers very closely. Just off the top of my head on this years team alone robertson, teeters, and martin have all started as freshman.

Nob does a good job of playing the best talent, regardless of grade!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

pcohio wrote:Does Kretzer play baseball?

I would say baseball is his best sport, just not sure it is his favorite.
So to answer your question, yea he plays baseball and is very good.
has a pretty good bloodline also.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

bucki4life wrote:What ever happens it will be here before you know it- can you believe football season is over already?
None of us know who will be playing anywhere until that first game and I think this could be the best team Waverly has had in a long time.
Enjoy basketball season it should be fun too.

Best team in a long time? How long are you referring to? Didn't Waverly win the SOCII back-to-back years in 02-03 as well as go to the Regionals in 03? That wasn't too long ago.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

yea but their Pitching was terrible. :lol:

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Give me your thoughts on who will play where and what the line-up will look like...
(I know this is Coach Noble's decision, but let's have some fun guessing on how it will work out!)

tigergrad04
Waterboy

Post by tigergrad04 »

pcohio-If I had to guess the starting line-up I would go with the following:
C-Woods
1B-T.Tackett
2B-
SS-Teeters
3B-Martin
CF-Robertson
OF-R.Tackett
OF-Roback

Really it's way too early to be predicting a line-up this early. Like you said for the fun of it that is what I would go with.

Second base to me is really the only hole to be filled.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Who are the candidates for second base?

Zen
Waterboy

Post by Zen »

I would say Mr Remy has a shot at it He is a great fielder.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I agree... R. Remy should get the nod at second

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

I would agree with Remy being the most likely candidate to fill in at second.
If the Kretzer kid is as good as what I hear, he will be starting in the infield somewhere.

Zen
Waterboy

Post by Zen »

I was driving by the field saturday and seen Coach Noble & Coach Tackett working on the field. Looks like they have got some new crushed brick? What are the new improvements this year anyone know.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

I believe that is the garbage that was taken off the girl's field. It is full of pea gravel. Anybody that has a way to sift the firebrick clean get ahold of Coach Nob he could use the help.

Wildone17
Waterboy

Post by Wildone17 »

I think that Micheal Sims would be a good candidate for second base, good speed decent glove thats all we really need out there

Return to “Baseball”