Sectional Tournament Seeds

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Sectional Tournament Seeds

Post by danicalifornia »

Well, as of now, on the 16th, there will be 2 D2 games played at 5 pm and 2 at 7 pm at undisclosed locations (according to our brilliant SEODAB)

Or there could be 2 games played at Athens HS at 5 pm on the 16th and 2 played at Athens HS at 7 pm on the 16th (according to the OHSAA bracket)

So, my guess is that people are wondering where and when those games will be played. Oh and the OHSAA brackets all say Athens HS, so those people that use the state's website may be wondering where you learned how to use Google.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Well if you knew anything about the OHSAA, which you claim to be soooo informed with your strong comments, you'd know that the OHSAA does not run any tournament except football until the Regional level. A person who can't understand that will google the wrong thing and then make stupid post regarding, date time and place. And I'm willing to bet all schools understand and know where they are going.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Shew, that was close. PolPot here to save the day and explain everything for us. Everyone can relax now.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pol pot wrote:Well if you knew anything about the OHSAA, which you claim to be soooo informed with your strong comments, you'd know that the OHSAA does not run any tournament except football until the Regional level. A person who can't understand that will google the wrong thing and then make stupid post regarding, date time and place. And I'm willing to bet all schools understand and know where they are going.
Thanks for pointing out how worthless and stupid I am! I'm willing to bet the fans of those schools are excited to have no idea where they play, especially since you've made no post yet on where the games actually are being played.

Thanks though, I'll go away since I don't want to anger the great Pol Pot again.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

danicalifornia wrote:
Pol pot wrote:Well if you knew anything about the OHSAA, which you claim to be soooo informed with your strong comments, you'd know that the OHSAA does not run any tournament except football until the Regional level. A person who can't understand that will google the wrong thing and then make stupid post regarding, date time and place. And I'm willing to bet all schools understand and know where they are going.
Thanks for pointing out how worthless and stupid I am! I'm willing to bet the fans of those schools are excited to have no idea where they play, especially since you've made no post yet on where the games actually are being played.

Thanks though, I'll go away since I don't want to anger the great Pol Pot again.

Since you are incapable of finding accurate information yourself, here you go:

http://seodab.org/index.php/spring-sports/baseball

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Eastern and Southern meet again haha.... can these teams get enough of each other?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pol pot wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:

Since you are incapable of finding accurate information yourself, here you go:

http://seodab.org/index.php/spring-sports/baseball
Genius! Maybe I should have looked there to see that they have no information on where the teams play on the 16th! Or that all 4 games appear to be on the 16th with no location set. I'm glad that you posted that link too, especially since Raider posted the bracket already on this topic.

Wait...that's what my first post on this topic was about! But, since you either can't read, or refuse to read, you didn't see that. Man, you got me again!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Dude, the information is clearly labeled right there!!!! Clearly explains the locations, read the information and quit looking at the pictures. I know that's a step up in your education.

All four teams will play on the 16th, two games at Athens High School with two games at Ohio University, and the site clearly explains who will play where based on what. That information has been posted well before you made your ill informed post.
Last edited by Pol pot on Wed May 04, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Two (2) winners advance to regional.
[If Athens HS is NOT in the district semi-finals the semi’s will be at the site in bold. If Athens HS advances the entire
bracket they are in will be played at Ohio U for semi’s and the other bracket at Athens HS.]

#1 Seed Bracket South

Monday, 5/16/16 5:00 Ohio
University or Athens HS

#4 Seed Bracket North

Wednesday,
5/18/16 5:00
PM Ohio
University

Athens 1 winner to
??????? regional,
Thursday, May
26,????? PM vs
?????? winner.
#2 Seed Bracket North

Monday, 5/16/16 7:00 Ohio
University or Athens HS

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The first two rounds are at the top teams home field. After the first two rounds it is played at Ohio university

Same as last year

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Raider6309 wrote:The first two rounds are at the top teams home field. After the first two rounds it is played at Ohio university

Same as last year

NO it is NOT, the sectionals are at the site of the highest seed, then according to the website, two District games will be played at Athens High School and two will be played at Ohio University, both District Finals will be held at Ohio University. The location of the District Semi's is dependent upon whether or not Athens High School plays in the District Tournament. That is the information provided on the link.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Didn't realize we get two regional teams. But that's right pol pot

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Raider6309 wrote:Didn't realize we get two regional teams. But that's right pol pot

Raider, why do think it's so hard for some of these people to look this information up in the right place, instead the whine and complain. Missing the second bracket is easy to do.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pol pot wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Didn't realize we get two regional teams. But that's right pol pot

Raider, why do think it's so hard for some of these people to look this information up in the right place, instead the whine and complain. Missing the second bracket is easy to do.
Kinda like how not all information loads on the seodab website on all devices? The information you posted above didn't show up on my phone or iPad when I previously searched the site. So thanks for posting that.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote:
Pol pot wrote:

Kinda like how not all information loads on the seodab website on all devices? The information you posted above didn't show up on my phone or iPad when I previously searched the site. So thanks for posting that.
Wasn't showing up on mine either.. But I got on the computer and see it now.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Ok, say Athens gets beat and there are 4 district semi games (DII). Since there are (2)5:00 and (2) 7:00 games, Which games will be at Athens high school and which ones at OU?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Seodab shows both D4 district winners going to Lancaster regional with the bottom bracket winner also going to Lancaster regional and playing the Centerville winner. However the the Ohsaa shows the Chillicothe bottom winner going to Springield regional playing the Centerville winner. Where is the correct location for the Centerville vs Chilli lower game, Springfield or Lancaster?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SE is sending two schools to the regional tournament as usual, but this year is unusual in that one SE school is getting shipped to Region 15 (Lancaster) while the other is being sent to the region at Centerville.

The change occurred because the SW District before this year had always sent all four regional participating schools there, but this year the district only ended up sending three.

As a result, the Central District will now qualify two schools into the regional at Lancaster.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Thanks. Seems like Columbus is way more convenient to Springield or Centerville than the SE rep is. Are Columbus teams allergic to going more than 20 miles to a regional?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

mhs95_06 wrote:Thanks. Seems like Columbus is way more convenient to Springield or Centerville than the SE rep is. Are Columbus teams allergic to going more than 20 miles to a regional?
Not sure if it is a matter of being "allergic". Beavers Field is in the Central District, there may or may not be a rule on it, but it would seem rather unorthodox for a regional site to not first be filled up by the district that the site is located in.

There is some precedence to this, albeit not in the form of a tournament to my knowledge. Last year n Divison V the Pike County schools got shipped to the SW Ohio region for football. And generally the Central District fills in, *almost* as a rule, the Southeast Regional in a majority (if not all) of the tournaments across the sports.

Return to “Baseball”