Sectional Tournament Seeds

Dandy Don
All Conference

Re: Sectional Tournament Seeds

Post by Dandy Don »

completely agree "any given night" applies to baseball more than basketball or football or almost any other sport.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Catchup13 wrote:Ok, say Athens gets beat and there are 4 district semi games (DII). Since there are (2)5:00 and (2) 7:00 games, Which games will be at Athens high school and which ones at OU?

If Athens gets beat in the sectionals, according to the bracket, the top bracket will then be played at Athens High School and the lower bracket will go to Ohio University. If Athens wins, things will be the opposite

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I agree, Meigs has a better record AND swept Jackson. Why they were not the No. 1 seed is baffling.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

What's funny here is that over on the basketball board everyone wants voting and seeding done like they do in the Central. With baseball and softball you pretty much have that with the online voting and the non neutral sites for the sectionals and then everyone complains.

Also on the basketball side, when a coach submarines a team to manipulate the seeds people get up in arms at the coaches, on this side they complain about the process. To those who complain that seeding needs to be done face to face, I believe the SE did this for years, and guess what, you still had coaches that played games and intentionally voted teams lower to benefit themselves.

But hey, helps make this board more exciting.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

No, fix the online voting!
Last edited by petesweaty on Fri May 06, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

I actually think CG has a great chance of advancing against wellston....Depends on which hornet team shows up....

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

mrwonderful wrote:I actually think CG has a great chance of advancing against wellston....Depends on which hornet team shows up....
Wellston has one very good pitcher. Wins over Alexander, Meigs, and Athens this year. Pretty impressive resumè. Should be a good game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Pol pot wrote:What's funny here is that over on the basketball board everyone wants voting and seeding done like they do in the Central. With baseball and softball you pretty much have that with the online voting and the non neutral sites for the sectionals and then everyone complains.

Also on the basketball side, when a coach submarines a team to manipulate the seeds people get up in arms at the coaches, on this side they complain about the process. To those who complain that seeding needs to be done face to face, I believe the SE did this for years, and guess what, you still had coaches that played games and intentionally voted teams lower to benefit themselves.

But hey, helps make this board more exciting.
Not much is said about anything on the baseball or softball forums all year. Lets face it, fans are far more passionate about basketball & the basketball tournament - and even more so in the fall.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

How many Schools are passionate about Baseball? That's what most of the problem is... Most are treated 2nd class compared to Basketball and Football.....Problem to the football field or Basketball courts are addressed and repaired immediately....Baseball facilities problems are taken care of only if you have a head Coach who gets in their face and pushes .......Do you think Basketball and football games would be played without an announcer? Most School official could care less if baseball had an announcer.....Your top Baseball teams are there every year because the school admin , the coaches ,and the players all give 100% of their time for 8 weeks out of spring to get better. Plus their in batting facilities year round.......Everyone knows the Baseball Schools.... Why are they there every year? Because their given better facilities to get better, indoor batting cages ( ect} lights on field, have top notch Coaching with discipline........

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eastern pike 9
Miller 3

Eastern plays #1 seed Trimble Tuesday.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

brown22 wrote:Eastern pike 9
Miller 3

Eastern plays #1 seed Trimble Tuesday.
Another great win!! Keep it going Eagles!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

mrwonderful wrote:How many Schools are passionate about Baseball? That's what most of the problem is... Most are treated 2nd class compared to Basketball and Football.....Problem to the football field or Basketball courts are addressed and repaired immediately....Baseball facilities problems are taken care of only if you have a head Coach who gets in their face and pushes .......Do you think Basketball and football games would be played without an announcer? Most School official could care less if baseball had an announcer.....Your top Baseball teams are there every year because the school admin , the coaches ,and the players all give 100% of their time for 8 weeks out of spring to get better. Plus their in batting facilities year round.......Everyone knows the Baseball Schools.... Why are they there every year? Because their given better facilities to get better, indoor batting cages ( ect} lights on field, have top notch Coaching with discipline........

The only problem here is how the coaches voted, 93 can tell you this happened when voting was done face to face as well. At the end of the day it's just win.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

I truly think the best opening round matchup in the D3 sectional is Coal Grove and Wellston (5v12). From the sounds of it both teams have a very good ace capable of being unhittable if they are on. I would imagine a very low scoring game in that one if the defenses come to play. My bold prediction is winner of this game will be in Chillicothe a week later.

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

(5)Racine Southern(8-10) @ (4)Reedsville Eastern(12-7) tonight in at 5pm

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

mrwonderful wrote:How many Schools are passionate about Baseball? That's what most of the problem is... Most are treated 2nd class compared to Basketball and Football.....Problem to the football field or Basketball courts are addressed and repaired immediately....Baseball facilities problems are taken care of only if you have a head Coach who gets in their face and pushes .......Do you think Basketball and football games would be played without an announcer? Most School official could care less if baseball had an announcer.....Your top Baseball teams are there every year because the school admin , the coaches ,and the players all give 100% of their time for 8 weeks out of spring to get better. Plus their in batting facilities year round.......Everyone knows the Baseball Schools.... Why are they there every year? Because their given better facilities to get better, indoor batting cages ( ect} lights on field, have top notch Coaching with discipline........
How many people show up to a baseball game compared with Basketball or Football?

It all comes down to money.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Played Baseball on Friday night at 7pm.
Baseball has no band parents, Cheerleader parents, etc.

BleedBlue
Waterboy

Post by BleedBlue »

That is a very true statement. Money drives decision making. Just looking at Gallia Academy, when the new school was built in 2009, the Eastman's donated money for the dugouts and general basics of the facility. But the hitting building, and all other improvments/upkeep of the complex is solely due to head coach, Rich Corvin. The school does not supply him with an abundance of funding, supplies, or workers. I am sure it is this way with many schools in the area, but in my eyes, the bottom line is that a schools complex is as good as the head coach works for. Fundraising for supplies, uniforms, equipment, and anything else needed is left to the head coach and if he is luck, the coaching staff.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens always has a nice baseball field because Fred Gibson made that field his. I typical drive home from work on Sunday and they are always working on it. Even with the new coach they are always working on it. Thats part of baseball, learning how to work on the field. Typically teams that don't put in work are terrible baseball schools.

Athens first practice was grabbing a paint brush :lol:

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I remember that when I played baseball, as soon as the game was over.. we worked on the field. It was 1) just part of playing and 2) we wanted to have a great field!

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

minford17 wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:But, my guesses for the 1 seeds.

D2: Fairfield Union and Jackson
D3: Zane Trace and Wheelersburg
D4: Notre Dame as one of them. Unsure of the split in baseball.

Seeing Alexander, Meigs, and Minford as 1 seeds wouldn't be shocking either. Should be some good baseball coming up if the weather cooperates.
Zane Trace is a good team, but have to give Minford the 1 seed based on the 12 to 4 victory Minford has over Zane Trace earlier in the year. Minford also easily beat Piketon 14 to 0, which I believe Piketon played Zane Trace much closer than that. The SOC2 with Wheelersburg, Minford, Waverly, Valley, West, and South Webster has shown to be a much stronger conference than the SVC.
Compare how one league's 2nd place team does against another league's 7th place team and you'll likely have lopsided games.

West really showed the depth of the SOC over the SVC tonight by losing to a team who finished 1-13 in the SVC. Southeastern (5th place SVC) defeated Oak Hill tonight also. SW also showed the depth of the league tonight as well.

Valley at ZT on Saturday and Unioto at Waverly will have a better chance to show how the league's compare to one another. Huntington at Minford does not.

The SVC has a slim chance to get 6 teams into District play in a "down" year. I'll say that 4 get there, but that will just prove that there's no depth lol

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.

Return to “Baseball”