Sectional Tournament Seeds

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Sectional Tournament Seeds

Post by fbnut »

petesweaty wrote:The SOC 2 was a stronger conference this spring.
My old coach always said though that single elimination baseball is mostly being lucky.
If that's the case then the burg has been one very lucky team for around a decade :lol:

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Maybe they have 10 rabbit foots!
I am sure they have been lucky in the tournament on more than a few occasions in that decade.
When you smash teams, you don't need much luck!

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Being very fundamentally sound puts you in position to take advantage of opportunities which some might describe as luck, and on the other hand it keeps you from being as disadvantaged as it might have been when the opponent has opportunities.

In Waterford's 5-2 district title game win, the only 2 runs scored against them came on plays where batted balls were deflected by inanimate objects. The first run scored on a two out play when a grounder headed just to the SS's left hit the elevated front lip of the mound at Paint Stadium and bounced about 60 degrees left between the SS and 3B. The 2nd run scored on a grounder down the first base line the solidly hit the 1B bag and deflected away from the fielder. I bet you could review maybe all games played in history and not find one where the only 2 runs scored by a team came on inanimate object deflections.

Return to “Baseball”