Score?

iam4osu
JV Team

Re: Symmes Valley vs. Rock Hill

Post by iam4osu »

Oh..
Beautiful day Monday.....
Alot of season openers...
Rock Hill said the field was in terrible shape and couldn't get it ready.
So SV invited them out to play on their fields.....Rock hill said
they couldn't get a bus on such short notice....
Third year in a row now I think that this has happened......

Midnight_1
Waterboy

Post by Midnight_1 »

I'm pretty sure that the field was in terrible shape. It holds a lot of water in the infield when it does rain. But about the three straight years of it being called off, I think you're wrong. I graduated in '07 and I'm pretty sure we beat you all in our season opener or last scrimmage game that year. It is kinda rough to just get a bus on short notice like that though. I mean, big deal it got called off, it doesn't really matter, it's not a league game or anything important!

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Iam4OSU wrote:Oh..
Midnight_1 wrote:I'm pretty sure that the field was in terrible shape. It holds a lot of water in the infield when it does rain. But about the three straight years of it being called off, I think you're wrong. I graduated in '07 and I'm pretty sure we beat you all in our season opener or last scrimmage game that year. It is kinda rough to just get a bus on short notice like that though. I mean, big deal it got called off, it doesn't really matter, it's not a league game or anything important!

I say this every year and it looks like this year will be no exception. How in the world can a school spend Hundreds of thousands of dollars on a complex and it not be ready for opening day? Rock Hill has the best layout and most beautiful complex but the playing surface gets no love. What is the deal? Will Rock Hill once again play 14-15 regular season games? Wow is all I have to say.
With that layout and field it should be bar none the best in SE ohio and should not have a rain out on a sunny day!! :122247

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Regulator wrote:
Midnight_1 wrote:I'm pretty sure that the field was in terrible shape. It holds a lot of water in the infield when it does rain. But about the three straight years of it being called off, I think you're wrong. I graduated in '07 and I'm pretty sure we beat you all in our season opener or last scrimmage game that year. It is kinda rough to just get a bus on short notice like that though. I mean, big deal it got called off, it doesn't really matter, it's not a league game or anything important!

I say this every year and it looks like this year will be no exception. How in the world can a school spend Hundreds of thousands of dollars on a complex and it not be ready for opening day? Rock Hill has the best layout and most beautiful complex but the playing surface gets no love. What is the deal? Will Rock Hill once again play 14-15 regular season games? Wow is all I have to say.
With that layout and field it should be bar none the best in SE ohio and should not have a rain out on a sunny day!! :122247

I agree with you on that one that field is located on a hill how does it not drain? Either they do not know what they are doing or are too lazy to get out there on their lunch break and have the coaches or players sucking the water off with a shopvac.

usahockey1980
Riding the Bench

Post by usahockey1980 »

Regulator wrote:

Rock Hill didn't spend hundreds of thousand for their field, they spent over a million even though they didn't receive a million dollar field.

codeman00
Freshman Team

Post by codeman00 »

It's a nice field, but if they paid a million for it and it isn't draining properly, I believe RH has been had with the construction. With it being on a hill, you wouldnt think that drainage would be a problem.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

The field playing surface is only as nice as the baseball coach makes it.

Return to “Baseball”