Riding the Bench

Oak Hill 09-10

Post by jungleman »

they may only lost 2 players but who do u think will replace boggs and roof

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Re: Oak Hill 09-10

Post by DASANI »

Boggs wil be easy to replace and Roof will be hard.

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

dont know what games you watched dasani but the boggs kid was one of the best on team. i mean come on be fair, you must date roof to say that

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

Mam i have played against both of them for 3 years and when i went to oakhill i played with them all through grade school. Boggs was an O.K player. O.K all around. Nothing got passed roof and he was VERY hard to pitch to.

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

so you got to see them either 3 or 6 times play out of around 60 games. roof was cather or 3rd with no arm . not saying he wasnt a good player, just saying to me that played with them there was no comparsion

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Biggest addition will be Coach Wright back at the helm
Oak Hill will be better this year, and maybe if the kids listen much improved in the future.

jungleman
Riding the Bench

Post by jungleman »

if my memory serves me correct dasani that u never played at oak hill and when u did at south gallia u were hurt when u played oak hill. and isnt your last name simpson. and didnt u defend the haislop kid last season. u must no a hole lot about baseball to compar to players at different positions.

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

I did not play high school baseball with either but i played with them in t-ball through right before high school. I broke my thumb but i still pinch ran for the catcher. Anyways I.M.O i think that roof will be harder to replace and i would take him over boggs.

jungleman
Riding the Bench

Post by jungleman »

i am just wondering how can u say it would be easier to replace boggs when he could play every position on a baseball, except catcher and pitcher, at a high level when roof only played third and catcher

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

Ok sorry for posting what i thought. Im taking Roof over Boggs Period.

oak hill oak
Waterboy

Post by oak hill oak »

roof was ok! he had more strick outs then the whole team tho! boggs was good all around but wasnt the best player. both can be replaced easy!

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

yell i agree about roof,also said boggs was one of the best.just curious who oak hill oak thought was the best? yell any body on the that team can be replaced and probably will with new coach and a few good freshman.

oak hill oak
Waterboy

Post by oak hill oak »

i cant say the one player was the best but i seen some of the stats and some players were higher.

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

with coach kelly by himself and some of players keeping book,i can understand that. i mean some players could"t hit it if u set ball on a tee for them or couldnt catch a pop up.stats alone doesnt make the best player.most of these guys throw there glove in closet at end of season and dont get it back out until season starts the next year.

oak hill oak
Waterboy

Post by oak hill oak »

well i know 4 shore the hale boy in left field can. the parker boy in center if the ball was around him it was in his glove. and lewis boy who was also a good pitcher 4 them on 2nd base was good. and i will agree with the batting! they need serious work with that!
no one was a good enough coach to get them boys out and work tho! no one in oak hill cares enough about baseball to set that up 4 them to get that work out in.
but i do belive if wright is as good as everyone says then these boys will suprise some teams!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

take all the good things you have heard about coach wright and multiply it by 10....thats how good of a coach he is

oak hill oak
Waterboy

Post by oak hill oak »

thats great to hear! oak hill has football next year we always have bball and hopefully soon its baseball!

jungleman
Riding the Bench

Post by jungleman »

even though wright was the assistant coach when he was here 2 years ago i played that year and we won 14 games. and the 2 years after he left we had a combined 11 wins. he tought us a lot that year.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

jungleman wrote:even though wright was the assistant coach when he was here 2 years ago i played that year and we won 14 games. and the 2 years after he left we had a combined 11 wins. he tought us a lot that year.

It's been 3 years since Wright was assistant. Two years ago we had Clay Arbogast, Darren, Nick Kelly, Nolan Crabtree, and Haislop as coaches.

Return to “Baseball”