Wahama over Trimble

whs11
Riding the Bench

Wahama over Trimble

Post by whs11 »

Wednesday night 13-2. Andy Grimm picked up his second win on the season. Matt Arnold went 3-4, 2B, 2 RBI.

Wahama improves to 9-0 with the win.

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Wahama over Trimble

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis and Wahama used to play each other every year in the 1940s and 1950s.

White Falcons were always a tough nut to crack for GAHS, especially in the days of Gene Hesson.

I do, remember, however, I believe it was in 1954or 1955, Russy Smith of Gallipols tied a school record of 22 strikeouts in the Blue Devil win over the Falcons.

I think a Perry boy broke Smith's record in the early 1970s with 23 strikeouts for GAHS.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

1972....GAHS vs Wellston at the old Harmon Field Park. Stanley Perry had 20"some". Cant remember the exact amount but Stan or his brother might. The game was played in Point. Memorial Field was wet or flooded. Can you believe it?.. :lol: Stan's father,Ted, would remember if he were still alive. I guarantee you that. A few recollections from the contest. Danny Settles was a SR. pitcher for Wellston . He was tough and a real good athlete. He probably had close to 20 himself. Including 4 on myself as a freshman outfielder :) Settles went on to Hall of Fame baseball career at Marietta.Perry went to Marshall as a pitcher and finished out a nice career at Rio. Best stuff I ever saw at GAHS and he weighed about 145.His brother,Jim,had outstanding stuff also and after recovering from a devastating elbow injury as a freshman,went on to do well in high school and Legion ball.Went to the Army and came out and pitched for Tommy at Rio. Osborne and Ecker were the coaches that day against Wellston .Didnt the Wizard keep his books? Anyhow, current GAHS coach Steve Slone played in that game.I believe the game went 9 or 10 and the score was 2-1 in favor of the Blue. Great game.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Won't matter what the records are going in. The Eagles will be hanging a loss on either of these two overrated teams.

Return to “Baseball”