SOC I 2017

Mailman
All Conference

SOC I 2017

Post by Mailman »

I'm ready for baseball season. Thoughts on SOC I this upcoming season?

bbn77
All Conference

Re: SOC I 2017

Post by bbn77 »

If I remember right I think Norte Dame brings back a lot. If so I like them to repeat. Green brings a good but back as well

ROLL PEAKE
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

ND loses 3 seniors I think. 1 was pitcher of year as junior, and player of year as senior. Losing a big arm. Still have pitcher of year from last year, and 3 other very good juniors. And a couple of very good transfers. Just need someone to step up and be the #2 starter. If they find that they will be tough to beat. I know they play a tough non-conference schedule. Hopefully they can be better prepared come tournament time.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

I like the Titans. Mader has done a great job with the program since taking over. He has done a great job taking care of the field also. I would put ND's baseball field as one of the best.

Pipefitter577
Riding the Bench

Post by Pipefitter577 »

AllAboutTheU wrote:I like the Titans. Mader has done a great job with the program since taking over. He has done a great job taking care of the field also. I would put ND's baseball field as one of the best.
Did ND lose their starting catcher?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eastern brings back pretty much everyone this year. Also hearing of some kids that have took a year off coming back for this season.

GO EAGLES
sportscrazy1899
Waterboy

Post by sportscrazy1899 »

Clay brings back almost everybody, ND brings back some loses 4 seniors and a junior I do believe from a transfer. Symmes Valley will be solid, and I believe East has a new coach. Green will be another good team. This years league will be solid, cannot wait to see what it holds!

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

sportscrazy1899 wrote:Clay brings back almost everybody, ND brings back some loses 4 seniors and a junior I do believe from a transfer. Symmes Valley will be solid, and I believe East has a new coach. Green will be another good team. This years league will be solid, cannot wait to see what it holds!
ND lost 4 starters. Only 1 pitcher 1A. Return the 1B, 2 and 3 pitcher. Have a transfer in to replace transfer out (same grade), just as good maybe better offensively. The team has 3 Juniors that have started for two years. Plus the Junior transfer. Probably start 5 seniors with them. Just a guess on my part.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Mailman wrote:
sportscrazy1899 wrote:Clay brings back almost everybody, ND brings back some loses 4 seniors and a junior I do believe from a transfer. Symmes Valley will be solid, and I believe East has a new coach. Green will be another good team. This years league will be solid, cannot wait to see what it holds!
ND lost 4 starters. Only 1 pitcher 1A. Return the 1B, 2 and 3 pitcher. Have a transfer in to replace transfer out (same grade), just as good maybe better offensively. The team has 3 Juniors that have started for two years. Plus the Junior transfer. Probably start 5 seniors with them. Just a guess on my part.
ND has one of the best pitchers around coming back. Looking forward to watching them play.

GO EAGLES
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Schedules?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Does anyone know if the kids from NB can go else where to play. I would think they could but not certain.

GO EAGLES
minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

brown22 wrote:Does anyone know if the kids from NB can go else where to play. I would think they could but not certain.
Yes they can. If a school does not field a sport, then they can play at a neighboring school district. Notre Dame does not field a soccer team, so a freshman at ND played soccer here at Minford.

thedogg16
Freshman Team

Post by thedogg16 »

Why is the SOC so stupid? From scheduling to alignment between big schools and the little ones.... IT IS AWFUL

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

What is wrong with the scheduling? Playing teams back to back is the best scheduling decision that could have been done. Prohibits teams with only one strong pitcher from using him in both games being played against best competition. As far as alignment, just makes sense to split the big and small schools for competitive reasons.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

minford17 wrote:What is wrong with the scheduling? Playing teams back to back is the best scheduling decision that could have been done. Prohibits teams with only one strong pitcher from using him in both games being played against best competition. As far as alignment, just makes sense to split the big and small schools for competitive reasons.
My thoughts as well... Some love to think negative all the time.

thedogg16
Freshman Team

Post by thedogg16 »

minford17 wrote:What is wrong with the scheduling? Playing teams back to back is the best scheduling decision that could have been done. Prohibits teams with only one strong pitcher from using him in both games being played against best competition. As far as alignment, just makes sense to split the big and small schools for competitive reasons.
Oak Hill in the little school???? Half the schools don even have football and they are the larger ones :lol:

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

thedogg16 wrote:
Oak Hill in the little school???? Half the schools don even have football and they are the larger ones :lol:
Baseball forum. Oak Hill in SOC2 and have pretty good baseball team lead by Shane Springs and Riley Kuhn. Baseball schools are as follows:

SOC 2 - Wheelersburg, Minford, Waverly, Valley, South Webster, Oak Hill, Northwest, and West

SOC 1 - Notre Dame, Green, Clay, East, Symmes Valley, Eastern Pike, Western Pike, and New Boston if they have a team.

father time
Waterboy

Post by father time »

minford17 wrote:
brown22 wrote:Does anyone know if the kids from NB can go else where to play. I would think they could but not certain.
Yes they can. If a school does not field a sport, then they can play at a neighboring school district. Notre Dame does not field a soccer team, so a freshman at ND played soccer here at Minford.

100 percent false

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

father time wrote:
minford17 wrote:

100 percent false
You must be the one mistaken, because how did the young man from ND play on Minford's JV soccer team.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

father time wrote:
minford17 wrote:

100 percent false
Yes. If your school does not offer a sport you can play at a neighboring school

Return to “Baseball”