Southern Tornadoes Baseball (Perfect)

cool cucumber
All Conference

Southern Tornadoes Baseball (Perfect)

Post by cool cucumber »

Southern has outscored their opponents 271 to 52 on their way to 24-0 A PERFECT SEASON!!!! GO TORNADOES!

Tournament time! Southern is 3-0 outscoring Opponents 35-12 this far. :)
Last edited by cool cucumber on Thu May 17, 2012 12:34 am, edited 9 times in total.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Re: southern Tornadoes Baseball

Post by cool cucumber »

Anybody have any thoughts on them?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Very talented and deep TEAM. If they can stay focused they can go very far into the post season

Publius
Waterboy

Post by Publius »

As an Eastern(Meigs) fan I am sick of hearing about Southern. If drew Nestor and Belpre can't get it done Monday, Eastern will end this undefeated season on May 4th. Southern is not that good. Have they even beat anyone with a winning record? It wont matter down the road anyway, either Valley in the district or Newark Catholic in the Regional will end their season. I think one thing about Southern- OVERRATED!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Publius wrote:As an Eastern(Meigs) fan I am sick of hearing about Southern. If drew Nestor and Belpre can't get it done Monday, Eastern will end this undefeated season on May 4th. Southern is not that good. Have they even beat anyone with a winning record? It wont matter down the road anyway, either Valley in the district or Newark Catholic in the Regional will end their season. I think one thing about Southern- OVERRATED!
They handed Gallia Academy (15-5) 2 losses ... Does that count as a "winning record?"

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They mercied Federal Hocking (10-4) ... Is that a winning record?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Publius wrote:As an Eastern(Meigs) fan I am sick of hearing about Southern. If drew Nestor and Belpre can't get it done Monday, Eastern will end this undefeated season on May 4th. Southern is not that good. Have they even beat anyone with a winning record? It wont matter down the road anyway, either Valley in the district or Newark Catholic in the Regional will end their season. I think one thing about Southern- OVERRATED!
Southern already tagged Drew Nestor for 12 runs during a 13-2 win over the Golden Eagles earlier in the season .... Southern already mercied Eastern once in Reedsville - I just don't see any of your predictions ringing true man ...

Also ... Newark Catholic at (8-4)) can be beat - and Southern won't have to play Valley until the regionals (if both are No. 1 seeds and make it out of the districts.)

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Every time I think I have read the all time most stupid posts someone one ups it. Like this post for example. Eastern has a 6-7 record playing in the same league as Southern who you say doesn't play anyone. Gee I guess Eastern must really suck if they have a losing record not playing anyone? I watched Southern beat a pretty good Trimble team. Not a Southern fan but what they have done on the field this season is pretty impressive. Trying to belittle it is not going to change it. It just makes you look like an idiot. I would guess most teams would be happy to make it to the regionals since that means you are down to the final sixteen teams left in the state.

thebig29
Riding the Bench

Post by thebig29 »

I agree with PUBLIUS Southern is not that good get a schedule then see what there record is they are in the tvc hocking

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

thebig29 wrote:I agree with PUBLIUS Southern is not that good get a schedule then see what there record is they are in the tvc hocking
Wahama is also in the TVC hocking and they waxed your alexander spartans, you are compareing apples to oranges. Southern is clearly the best team in the league either division (athens would be a good game) and would win the seoal this year as well. Give credit where it is do even if you dont like a certain school or not. Remember these are kids

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

I smell jealousy. It stinks. Why not just say, "hey, they're doing pretty good". Would you like for them to schedule games w/the Power or Clippers to prove themselves? They're playing all the teams the other area teams play. Sure, no matter how good you are, someone else is just a little bit more so.

Geez.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

G.W.A ... I love the Tornadoes, love their kids and enjoy talking with a lot of the fans and parents from Racine ... But saying they are 'clearly' the best team in either league probably isn't accurate ... Athens has been just as impressive - been doing a lot of the same damage in terms of how their beating opponents - but its been against a little tougher competition.

The Bulldogs have mercied Jackson (DII) twice, beat a Sheridan team the coaches had ranked 5th in the state in division II, mercied Logan (DI), mercied Maysville (DII), beat Marietta (DII), beat a very good Liberty Union team, beat Meigs (14-3), beat Alexander (10-5) by 10 runs ... Their only three losses came at the back end of two doubleheaders; and a 1-run loss to a team from Cleveland in 10 innings.

I tell you what they need - a TVC championship game at the end of the regular season ... The Ohio champ vs the Hocking champ ... They can play a night game under the lights at Rannow on the Plains ... That would be awesome.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

93 - I really like the idea of a TVC championship game. Maybe after Carbone vacates his throne at OU (and it is no longer "his field"), they could hold the TVC championship game at Wren Stadium. That would really give the players something to look forward to, and a great venue for the fans.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Of all the sports - baseball (and or softball) could do a TVC championship game the easiest ... Lots of flexibility in the scheduling ... Usually there are rain-outs and teams don't ever reach the max games.

But please don't get me started on the Carbon/Ohio University deal ... lol ... We lost the American Legion State tournament - and I'm still mad over it!

Wren Stadium should be the 'hub' of all high school district tournaments (just like the Convo is to basketball) ... Instead - we all have to make the haul over the Chillicothe.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

I've seen both teams play. Southern is very good, and they have had some very impressive wins this season. However, Athens would have too much depth and power for them head-to-head.

Didn't those two teams scrimmage early in the beginning of the season? Of course, back then it was probably hard to tell which team was truly stronger anyway.

Best of luck to both. It would be great to see a TVC Hocking and a TVC Ohio go deep in the tourney.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

93, I disagree with you on OU being the place for districts. The VA is turf, great seating for fans (Shade or rain) and it is a baseball venue. The VA is like the convo.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Regulator wrote:93, I disagree with you on OU being the place for districts. The VA is turf, great seating for fans (Shade or rain) and it is a baseball venue. The VA is like the convo.
The VA is nice but Athens would be a better location imo.
Sorry 93 i had to throw that out there about southern athens just to yank your chain. lol I see that it worked. haha
A day of champions would be great with 1st playing 1st and 2nd place playing 2nd place and so on between the two TVC divisions. Would be a fun day of games and the money could be used as a fundraiser for booby cancer or something like that.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

thebig29 wrote:I agree with PUBLIUS Southern is not that good get a schedule then see what there record is they are in the tvc hocking

Alexander only plays two teams with winning records in their league. They also play Trimble x2, River Valley x2 and Wahama, which is a Hocking team that just beat you.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Regulator wrote:93, I disagree with you on OU being the place for districts. The VA is turf, great seating for fans (Shade or rain) and it is a baseball venue. The VA is like the convo.
I guess you havn't been to Wren Stadium lately ...

http://www.ohiobobcats.com/facilities/wren-stadium.html

Ive been to both a ton over the last few years - I like both - but would honestly rather watch a game (or even play if I were still a player) at Wren

bballmaniac
Waterboy

Post by bballmaniac »

Should be 15-2 right now. the games against Gallia were flukes. :122249

Return to “Baseball”