How will the OVC stack up this year?

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

How will the OVC stack up this year?

Post by PEAKE POWER »

PORTSMOUTH AND IRONTON JOIN AN ALREADY COMPETITIVE LEAGUE. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR THE 2015 SEASON?

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Re: How will the OVC stack up this year?

Post by olegoat50 »

OVC will be strong in Baseball again this year......Here's my prediction of order... 1: South Point...returns 6 starters...Great defensive team .....good pitching and a deep Bench 2...Chesapeake....returns 7 or 8 starters I believe...good pitching...3 Ironton......4...Portsmouth....5..Fairland.. 6...Coal grove..7 Rock Hill...

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Don't discount the Coal Grove Hornets. Lot of power arms (Seniors Pierce and Rigsby, Sophomores Rutherford and McKnight) at the front of the rotation for Coaches Mader should make for an exciting spring in the village.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

I'm not discounting anyone except maybe rh...As a matter of fact I think any of the teams could win the OVC except Rock Hill...I believe the Hill lost a lot of players...Its a wide open race and nobody will go undefeated this year.....

SV1134
Freshman Team

Post by SV1134 »

oleblue52 wrote:I'm not discounting anyone except maybe rh...As a matter of fact I think any of the teams could win the OVC except Rock Hill...I believe the Hill lost a lot of players...Its a wide open race and nobody will go undefeated this year.....
Rock Hill's run of commanding the conference looks to be over. After 3 OVC Championships in the past 4 years, I'm not sure if they return more than one starter this season

bd452
Waterboy

Post by bd452 »

OVC looks to be very competitive. An interesting question that nobody has brought up is "What league will Portsmouth focus on?" The Trojans are playing a full OVC as well as a full SEOAL schedule. Most high school teams have a few pitchers that are the top 2 or 3 guys, and those guys generally throw in the league games. I wonder what games the Trojan top 2 or 3 will pitch in. It appears the Trojans have 6 league games (both leagues) in the first 8 days and 20 league games out of 27 games. The chances of winning or even competing in both leagues may be non existent. But I believe that we can be competitive in one or the other, just not both. Not sure anybody has that much pitching. It will be interesting to see.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Who won Tuesday's Gallipolis-Fairland game?

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Twitter says Gallipolis 10, Fairland 4

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton 4-2 (2-1)

W - Ironton 11 St Joseph 1
W - Ironton 3 - Rock Hill 2
L -- South Webster 4 Ironton 2
W - Ironton 10 Portsmouth 8
L -- Fairland 9 Ironton 5
W - Ironton 9 River Valley 4
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

buckeye_25705
Waterboy

Post by buckeye_25705 »

South Point over Huntington St Joe 13-2 in 6. they are now 3-0 (1-0) At Coal Grove on Monday should be a great game

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GIVE EM HECK FIGHTING TIGERS

Return to “Baseball”