2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Phoenix31
Freshman Backup
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:13 am

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by Phoenix31 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:50 am

Final in Sectional Semifinal

West 10
Portsmouth 9

The radio said that Portsmouth ended its season at 9-12; however, I have Portsmouth at 8-12 overall and 6-8 in the conference. I know of 2 non-conference wins and 4 non-conference losses.

Wins: Clay and MInford
Losses: Olentangy, Greenup County, Wheelersburg, and West

I am missing a non-conference win according to the radio.

Anybody know?



Phoenix31
Freshman Backup
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:13 am

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by Phoenix31 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:52 am


LetsGoPSU
2nd Team All State
Posts: 2071
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:25 am

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by LetsGoPSU » Fri May 12, 2017 1:03 pm

I have them as 8-12 as well

Phoenix31
Freshman Backup
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:13 am

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by Phoenix31 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:09 pm

LetsGoPSU wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 1:03 pm
I have them as 8-12 as well
Thanks

:mrgreen:

markymark1969
Freshman Backup
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by markymark1969 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Phoenix31 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 8:50 am
Final in Sectional Semifinal

West 10
Portsmouth 9

The radio said that Portsmouth ended its season at 9-12; however, I have Portsmouth at 8-12 overall and 6-8 in the conference. I know of 2 non-conference wins and 4 non-conference losses.

Wins: Clay and MInford
Losses: Olentangy, Greenup County, Wheelersburg, and West

I am missing a non-conference win according to the radio.

Anybody know?
I talked with Coach Roy before the game and was informed that they were 9-11 going into the game.

Phoenix31
Freshman Backup
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:13 am

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by Phoenix31 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:41 pm

markymark1969 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 4:18 pm
I talked with Coach Roy before the game and was informed that they were 9-11 going into the game.
Very interesting.

The Trojans were 6-8 in OVC play as I have documented each game. In addition, I have documented each of their non-conference contests. Wins were over Clay and MInford. Losses were to Olentangy, Greenup County, and Wheelersburg.

That makes 8-11.

Roy was off by a game unless somebody can produce the missing game for us.

////////////////////

On a side note, it is my understanding that Coach Roy announced to the team after the game that he is stepping down as Head Coach of the Portsmouth Baseball Team.

minford17
Varsity Bench
Posts: 645
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by minford17 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:02 pm

Phoenix31 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 9:41 pm
markymark1969 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 4:18 pm
I talked with Coach Roy before the game and was informed that they were 9-11 going into the game.
Very interesting.

The Trojans were 6-8 in OVC play as I have documented each game. In addition, I have documented each of their non-conference contests. Wins were over Clay and MInford. Losses were to Olentangy, Greenup County, and Wheelersburg.

That makes 8-11.

Roy was off by a game unless somebody can produce the missing game for us.

////////////////////

On a side note, it is my understanding that Coach Roy announced to the team after the game that he is stepping down as Head Coach of the Portsmouth Baseball Team.
He is counting that win against Minford as 2 wins.

Phoenix31
Freshman Backup
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:13 am

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by Phoenix31 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:25 am

minford17 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 11:02 pm
He is counting that win against Minford as 2 wins.
It was a 10-inning game...

:mrgreen:

minford17
Varsity Bench
Posts: 645
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by minford17 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:07 am

Convincing the ump to call safe on last play was a win too.

;)

Catchup13
Bench
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:09 am

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by Catchup13 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Phoenix31 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 9:41 pm
markymark1969 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 4:18 pm
I talked with Coach Roy before the game and was informed that they were 9-11 going into the game.
Very interesting.

The Trojans were 6-8 in OVC play as I have documented each game. In addition, I have documented each of their non-conference contests. Wins were over Clay and MInford. Losses were to Olentangy, Greenup County, and Wheelersburg.

That makes 8-11.

Roy was off by a game unless somebody can produce the missing game for us.

////////////////////

On a side note, it is my understanding that Coach Roy announced to the team after the game that he is stepping down as Head Coach of the Portsmouth Baseball Team.
Wasn't this Roy's 1st or 2nd year?

Phoenix31
Freshman Backup
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:13 am

Re: 2017 Portsmouth Trojans

Post by Phoenix31 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Catchup13 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 12:21 pm
Wasn't this Roy's 1st or 2nd year?
He just completed his 2nd year with the Trojans.

Post Reply