2017 SEOAL

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2017 SEOAL

Post by Raider6309 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Mingo was the worst field I ever played at
Then you didn't play many places.
Legion and babe Ruth. Played at them all. The only thing Logan was good for was increasing your batting average.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Marietta was pretty bad. Same with Federal Hocking. Those were more animal planet :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson 3-1
Warren 2-2
Logan 1-3

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Logan has always been god awful because they always played at the dump. I always felt bad for the Logan kids that they had to play at mingo. We would always find condoms, tampons, and drug paraphernalia in the dugout. But at Athens our first few practices were spent painting, ranking, and maintenance the stadium
I lived in Logan from 1991-2000.

My kids loved all the parks in Logan, we lived in South Logan and were always at the bottom of the "hill" at Kachelmacher (spelling?) Park. Mingo was just as nice as memory serves.

I have no idea what you are talking about, the parks and recreation facilities around Logan were always well kept.

Get your yellow (errrr I mean green) shades off Raider.
I grew up in west Logan and do know ppl did party in there after dark from time to time. I think that was one reason the little skater park they had in there was taken out. but as far as the fields condition.... everyone hate the grass. Even the soccer kids hate the soccer field. Bc and for what ever the reason was the grass was planted like you plant corn..... in rows. :shock: :shock:

AT THE RESERVATION
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote:Mingo was the worst field I ever played at
I thought Athens field sucked. LF hump was stupid.

The worst by 100 miles was Warren's. My freshman year they had at least 2x too much topping on the field and it was like running on Virginia Beach. The Pop Up HR LF is also terrible.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Raider6309 wrote:Jackson 3-1
Warren 2-2
Logan 1-3
With only 3 teams in the league, they're playing each other 3x. Could make it more interesting.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Watch out for the Purple Wall

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

noreply66 wrote:Watch out for the Purple Wall
You mean in track!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Baseball

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I would like to point out that the rec department for Logan in baseball and softball this summer will see a complete overhaul with some fresh new YOUNGER ideas now being implemented on the rec board. It will be a great change. There is also the ability to join the 7th and 8th grade baseball teams that have been put in place in the last few years allowing for those youth baseball players to not just run track because they don't have another option. It has greatly improved the overall baseball program because now, yes, there is a solid "feeder" program at Logan. Although I do agree the revolving door of coaching staffs recently has pushed the program back 10 years, Coach Sutton is entering his 3rd or 4th year at Logan and I don't think he will be leaving any time soon. Logan is very young experience wise overall but they do have something they haven't had in recent years, decent pitching. Its my understanding Logan will have 4 solid arms to go to this season, something they haven't had recently. Its been one maybe two and then pitch and pray lately but this season should be solid on the mound. Logan's track program is one if the best in the area but the baseball team shouldn't be made out to be a last alternative to athletes who decide to do something "in the off season." I have been a strong supporter of the program since I was a player from 1987-1990, as a coach for 2 seasons, and now as a fan. I think its time to be more supportive of this program based on the history alone, while trying to restore it from the foundation up.

Logan could win more than what people think based on pitching and a solid core of returners.

Live Like A Champion!

Return to “Baseball”