#7 Meigs vs #1 Minford May 20th

coach_k
JV Team

Re: #7 Meigs vs #1 Minford May 20th

Post by coach_k »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Coach_K wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:There were two misplayed balls in right, one by each team, that were given hits that I thought were errors. However, baseball is a game that if you put the ball in play and the defense can't get the outs, you've still EARNED it! Cameron only giving up six hits to a team that smashes the ball was impressive. I will say, that big park was not friendly to Minford. Some of the balls they hit would have been out of most high school fields, but were just fly balls for easy outs last night. They really needed to hit the ball down. They didn't adjust and Cameron kept the ball where he needed to in order to get those long fly ball outs. He is a smart pitcher and I think he knew if he kept grinding, he'd keep getting those fly ball outs. Great effort all around by Meigs.
Cameron told me before the game, He says I know they are gonna hit the crap out of the ball, but I trust my defense behind me. He knew he wasn't going to blow the ball by them. One of my friends sat behind the Rio Coach with the gun and said he was just hitting in the high 70's, but he was hitting them clear up to the last pitch. Very proud of him, especially the way he started out the year. Had him at the ER a few times for swelling and tendonitus, but it worked it's way out.
I took a few peaks midway through. I saw 77 on two or three fastballs.
Yeah, he does't bring a lot of heat, but mixes it up well and has a good sense of location... Pretty good at hitting spots.

baseball16
All State

Re: #7 Meigs vs #1 Minford May 20th

Post by baseball16 »

Congrats to the Marauders on their Win. Pretty proud Alum. Baseball is alive and well in Meigs. Good luck in Regionals.

Bitter Sweet for me. I have had the pleasure of coaching against the Minford Head Coach. Nothing but a Class Act!! Going to be tough to see him go. Good luck to his future endeavors as well.
Minford had a great season. Many teams would love the opportunity to play for a District Championship. Only 10 Teams in SE Ohio get that chance.

Return to “Baseball”