DII Sectional Championship Meigs @ Marietta 5/11

tvc_fan
Varsity

DII Sectional Championship Meigs @ Marietta 5/11

Post by tvc_fan »

Marietta with a Great Season

Meigs with all the injuries.

Thoughts???

I like Meigs chances in this, Marietta faced Meigs twice this year and it was no contest, However they faced none of the Meigs Top Pitchers.

Pios6655
Waterboy

Re: DII Sectional Championship Meigs @ Marietta 5/11

Post by Pios6655 »

Marietta has great pitching and defense. Meigs scored a total of 1 run in the 2 games they played against Marietta. Schamp or Dawson on the mound. I don't see Meigs scoring enough runs to win this game.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go Meigs

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Pios6655 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 7:27 pm Marietta has great pitching and defense. Meigs scored a total of 1 run in the 2 games they played against Marietta. Schamp or Dawson on the mound. I don't see Meigs scoring enough runs to win this game.
The 2nd game in Marietta the Varsity played one inning, then all JV went in.

Bats can be slow, but with good pitching 1 or 2 runs just might be enough to win the game.

Meigs Pitcher is Clutch in big games, Has a Semi Sectional Championship, and a Semi District Championship under his belt and last year in Sectional when he was in he pitched 3 scoreless innings. So he is pretty good in games like this. What his field does behind him will be key.

Normal_A_Ron
Riding the Bench

Post by Normal_A_Ron »

tvc_fan wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 12:27 am

Bats can be slow, but with good pitching 1 or 2 runs just might be enough to win the game.

Meigs Pitcher is Clutch in big games, Has a Semi Sectional Championship, and a Semi District Championship under his belt and last year in Sectional when he was in he pitched 3 scoreless innings. So he is pretty good in games like this. What his field does behind him will be key.
Which pitcher is it? I saw they threw Musser against Jackson.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Pios6655 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 7:27 pm Marietta has great pitching and defense. Meigs scored a total of 1 run in the 2 games they played against Marietta. Schamp or Dawson on the mound. I don't see Meigs scoring enough runs to win this game.

Based on that description the young man must be a son or grandson. Tell him good luck.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 5:55 am

Based on that description the young man must be a son or grandson. Tell him good luck.
What does that have to do with anything, read the papers from the last 2 years and you will see the talk is backed up with facts.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Meigs will throw Mattox I would guess. Mattox has been very good in big game situations. I have only watch Marietta play once this year, but I don't like Meigs in this match-up. I wouldn't mind being proved wrong, but I believe Marietta will prove to be too much.

Normal_A_Ron
Riding the Bench

Post by Normal_A_Ron »

If Meigs wins, it would be the third time in four years they eliminated Marietta's senior class from the tournament.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

After 3.5 innings, Meigs 0, Marietta 4.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

tvc_fan wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 4:21 pm Marietta with a Great Season

Thoughts???

I like Meigs chances in this, Marietta faced Meigs twice this year and it was no contest, However they faced none of the Meigs Top Pitchers.
zero chance as in the number of hits and runs meigs had in the game

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

blackshooky wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 7:06 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 4:21 pm Marietta with a Great Season

Thoughts???

zero chance as in the number of hits and runs meigs had in the game
Can't win with No Hits and having errors...Pretty disappointing that we bunt so much in season and only one attempt tonight.grass is wet and anything could happen, at least put the ball in play.

Been a bad year, but we will be strong next year.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Hard to bunt when you're down a bunch of runs and it's hard to bunt against really good teams like Marietta. I think Meigs was just outmatched regardless of who pitched for them.

Return to “Baseball”