2018 Wheelersburg Baseball

PirateBB
Freshman Team

2018 Wheelersburg Baseball

Post by PirateBB »

Let's get some early thoughts about 2018 Wheelersburg Baseball. Last year they lost in the Regional Final vs. #1 Berlin Hiland, by a score of 2-0.

Looking for a strong performance in 2018 and hopefully a return to the state finals.

GO BURG!

Abe Froman
S

Re: 2018 Wheelersburg Baseball

Post by Abe Froman »

If the district and region teams stay pretty much the same we should get to a Regional Semi and Regional Final again I would think. How sweet it would be to make a State appearance in baseball as well as what was accomplished in football. I will have to hop over to the softball threads to see if the girls are projected to compete again for a title.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I heard that a few players played travel baseball a couple months during this summer in Atlanta against SEC and Big 10 commits. If so, that experience should be invaluable during this upcoming High school season. Should be a strong Burg squad.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

I recall Wheelersburg finished 2017 with a 22-6 record, winning the SOC and District. The 6 losses were against bigger schools, I am thinking Jonathan Alder, Lexington Central Catholic, Berlin Hiland, Greenup County, Waverly, and one other Kentucky school.

Return to “Baseball”