TVC Ohio

baseball guy71
Waterboy

TVC Ohio

Post by baseball guy71 »

How's things going to shake out?

What teams have solid young pitching? Neslonville or Meigs?

Nuke LaLoosh
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC Ohio

Post by Nuke LaLoosh »

Meigs is always in the picture. Injuries took them out of it last year but the silver lining may have been that some young players got varsity experience and they still competed well.

Nelsonville-York ended the season very strong with a nice tournament run. The biggest question mark will be pitching. Have Robson returning, but the one-two punch dynamic of Robson behind the plate with Dobbs on the hill is now gone, so it will be interesting to see who fills that role.

Athens graduated a big class in 2017 but they also had two freshmen on the field almost every game last year. They lose some dominant pitching but they also have some good young arms that will get a lot of mound time. They also need to fill: C, 1B, SS, 3B, CF and RF. Positions that were filled mostly by the same players over the last two years. While they will be a young team, I'd still look for them to compete for a TVC title. They are certainly coming into the season with history and confidence. While that doesn't mean anything in a new season, it at least raises the expectation level which also raises the effort. And shouldn't forget, they'll have a new coach in the dugout.

Vinton County looked much improved with the new staff, their biggest question is will the athletes come out and play. They are a team that can play a spoiler role in a year when the league race is wide open.

Not sure what Wellston, Alexander or River Valley has to offer for this coming season. I guess we'll find out in a few months.

RiledupRaider132
Waterboy

Post by RiledupRaider132 »

Nelsonville will bounce back strong, have another strong season. They killed my Raiders last season in first round of playoffs. They have a lot more talent than just Robson.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Wellston will definitely be in the discussion this year.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

The Ohio will be a toss-up this year. Meigs has to be the heavy favorite with as much experience as they have. Wellston will be very good, especially with Graham on the bump. Athens will lose a lot, but they have a great young group coming up. I think those three will set atop the Ohio Division.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Buckeyes will have another solid year. Kids are working hard and I think last year's success will help motivate them to keep getting better.

I think Alexnder will be improved. It's been a while since we've seen Alex have a down season on the diamond.

I really think Meigs has to be the favorites going into the season, but it won't be easy for them. The league should have several good teams this year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens has the best hitting but will lack pitching. Should be a pretty close battle for the TVC

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:21 pm The Buckeyes will have another solid year. Kids are working hard and I think last year's success will help motivate them to keep getting better.

I think Alexnder will be improved. It's been a while since we've seen Alex have a down season on the diamond.

I really think Meigs has to be the favorites going into the season, but it won't be easy for them. The league should have several good teams this year.
Meigs might struggle if Mattox decides to have his ACL surgery after basketball and also if Heltons collar bone from surgery during football gives him trouble while pitching.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

tvc_fan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:44 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:21 pm The Buckeyes will have another solid year. Kids are working hard and I think last year's success will help motivate them to keep getting better.

Meigs might struggle if Mattox decides to have his ACL surgery after basketball and also if Heltons collar bone from surgery during football gives him trouble while pitching.
That would definitely make it tougher for them.
Hope both young men heal up and stay healthy.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Don't sleep on Wellston. They have a couple strong arms coming back. Graham has potential to be the best pitcher in the league.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Realist wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 am Don't sleep on Wellston. They have a couple strong arms coming back. Graham has potential to be the best pitcher in the league.
Completely agree with that and the Rockets should compete for a league title. Plenty of arms both upperclassmen and some younger kids as well are coming through.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Mattox and Helton have both decided to play their Senior Season...EXCITED!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

That's great news for Meigs and them!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Good news for Meigs...Will both be able to pitch with their injuries? Gotta think it's Meigs, Wellston, and Athens as the favorites now.

Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

Athens all the way

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Season openers are just around the corner!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

I will take meigs when mattox on the hill .so if he can pitch the key games I take meigs

baseball guy71
Waterboy

Post by baseball guy71 »

I think Meigs and Wellston should contend and Nelsonville should be tough with their junior on the hill, the kid can flat out hit too, Athens is young and won't be pushed around.

We should see some very good young pitching this season.

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Nelsonville
Athens
Meigs
Wellston
Alex
VC

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:13 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Mattox and Helton have both decided to play their Senior Season...EXCITED!!!!
Heard Mattox is going to Eastern

Return to “Baseball”