OVC

Wanted2k
Waterboy

Re: OVC

Post by Wanted2k »

Portsmouth 7
Ironton 4
Tigers jumped out to a 2-0 lead. But Johnson settled down and pitched well for the Trojans. Portsmouth battled back and took a 7-2 lead in the 6th. Good defense, good pitching and some timely hits. Another step in the right direction for the Trojans.

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Rock Hill- 5
South Point- 0

Wanted2k
Waterboy

Post by Wanted2k »

4/27
Portsmouth 8
Ironton 9

Game went back and forth. Ironton won on a walk off base hit in the bottom of the 7th inn. I will say that I am surprised at Ironton's record when compared to their talent level. They are physically very talented at many positions.

Championship07
Riding the Bench

Post by Championship07 »

South Point 13-2 (8-2) after 8-0 victory over Ironton

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Rock Hill-15
Portsmouth- 1

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

i83 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:43 pm Coach McGraw is one of the best coaches around very passionate Portsmouth is lucky to have him give him time and he will turn that program around.
He's a joke .. period . After seeing how he acted on the field , it's unacceptable behavior for someone in their position .

Wanted2k
Waterboy

Post by Wanted2k »

A little clarification for the keyboard warrior. Rock Hill and Portsmouth played a decent ball game for a while. But with 2 outs RH had the bases loaded in a 4-1 ballgame. PHS called a pick play, then the umpire made the worst call I’ve seen in a high school game in a long while. Players for both teams were walking off the field as it wasn’t even close. The ump said safe and preceded to make an elaborate speech as to why he was safe. Trojans coach argued the call, as most coaches would. Cause man that was a big call. But this umpire was more worried about people seeing him than getting any call right. That was obvious to any person in attendance.
The argument lasted a while. But as it died down and the coach was walking off the field, the other umpire walked to the coach and grabbed his crotch twice. Yes you read that correctly. The Ump grabbed his CROTCH...twice.
I’m not sure what the Ump said, but just the gesture, wow! I have never seen anything like that before. Obviously it got heated after that. And stayed tense for a couple innings.
While the Trojans should’ve been out of that inning, Rock Hill then got a couple hits and put them up 9-1 and out of reach. Amazing how games can be changed cause of a mistake.
Keyboard Warrior, maybe you’re the male fan that yelled at a female and told her to shut up. Maybe you’re the same dad that tucked tail after her husband found you. Maybe you’re the umpire trying to get in some jabs, maybe not, who knows. But either way, there were about 5 more very bad calls (both ways) throughout the rest of the game. But game was out of reach at those points so not much was said. But, the umps really struggled. And one acted in a manner that I’ve never seen.
Now to end on a positive note, it was a decent ballgame for most of the game. Rock Hill deserved the win the game, as they’re a very good club. As shown by their record. And to comment on RH middle infielders, holy cow they had a good day. Very impressive. RH will do some damage in the tournament.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Gonna have to agree with Huedawg on this one.
And the call in question, the throw clearly beat him, but it appeared as though the tag was missed and that is what the call was from the Umpire. The elaborate speech you talk of, was "he missed the tag". And both teams did not start walking off the field. All that said, I don't think that justifies the Press Box pouring popcorn on Rock Hill Parents, you think?

Wanted2k
Waterboy

Post by Wanted2k »

I disagree with the first part but that’s ok. And to the last part, NO. Nothing would justify popcorn coming from anywhere. Hadn’t heard that.

Wanted2k
Waterboy

Post by Wanted2k »

Also, with seeding coming out today, I was very shocked to see Rock Hill get a #2 seed. Really thought they deserved a #1. But not sure there is a big difference. They’re in a good spot to make a run.
South Point got a tough #3 seed. Would likely face Adena’s ace in game 2. That kid is tough.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Rock Hill is very good, but not many people know they are very good. Wheelersburg plays a lot of really good teams outside their conference and people in their seeding knows this. Teams like Rock Hill would need to start playing "Up" to get more respect outside the River area. Good luck to all
OVC teams next week in Tournament.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Wanted2k wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:17 pm A little clarification for the keyboard warrior. Rock Hill and Portsmouth played a decent ball game for a while. But with 2 outs RH had the bases loaded in a 4-1 ballgame. PHS called a pick play, then the umpire made the worst call I’ve seen in a high school game in a long while. Players for both teams were walking off the field as it wasn’t even close. The ump said safe and preceded to make an elaborate speech as to why he was safe. Trojans coach argued the call, as most coaches would. Cause man that was a big call. But this umpire was more worried about people seeing him than getting any call right. That was obvious to any person in attendance.
The argument lasted a while. But as it died down and the coach was walking off the field, the other umpire walked to the coach and grabbed his crotch twice. Yes you read that correctly. The Ump grabbed his CROTCH...twice.
I’m not sure what the Ump said, but just the gesture, wow! I have never seen anything like that before. Obviously it got heated after that. And stayed tense for a couple innings.
While the Trojans should’ve been out of that inning, Rock Hill then got a couple hits and put them up 9-1 and out of reach. Amazing how games can be changed cause of a mistake.
Keyboard Warrior, maybe you’re the male fan that yelled at a female and told her to shut up. Maybe you’re the same dad that tucked tail after her husband found you. Maybe you’re the umpire trying to get in some jabs, maybe not, who knows. But either way, there were about 5 more very bad calls (both ways) throughout the rest of the game. But game was out of reach at those points so not much was said. But, the umps really struggled. And one acted in a manner that I’ve never seen.
Now to end on a positive note, it was a decent ballgame for most of the game. Rock Hill deserved the win the game, as they’re a very good club. As shown by their record. And to comment on RH middle infielders, holy cow they had a good day. Very impressive. RH will do some damage in the tournament.
The ump grabbed the coach’s crotch? Twice? How and why would coach even allow that? Bizarre

Wanted2k
Waterboy

Post by Wanted2k »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:21 am Rock Hill is very good, but not many people know they are very good. Wheelersburg plays a lot of really good teams outside their conference and people in their seeding knows this. Teams like Rock Hill would need to start playing "Up" to get more respect outside the River area. Good luck to all
OVC teams next week in Tournament.
Good point. Voting might have been a little confusing this year due to lack of exposure for many teams. Weather definitely played a huge impact on out of conference games being cancelled to make up league games.

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Wanted2k wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:21 pm I disagree with the first part but that’s ok. And to the last part, NO. Nothing would justify popcorn coming from anywhere. Hadn’t heard that.
I like popcorn.

G0 BuCKs
hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Rock Hill. 13
Portsmouth 3

Rock Hill clinches OVC Championship!!!!

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

4/30

Rock Hill- 13
Portsmouth- 3

Ironton- 4
South Point- 1

Coal Grove- 13
Chesapeake- 8

Gallia- 6
Fairland- 1

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Trojans are struggling, almost as much as I am trying to keep up with this season, thanks for the hard work

Wanted2k
Waterboy

Post by Wanted2k »

Congrats to Rock Hill on a league title. I believe they’re built for tournament play. Good pitching and good defense. I think they’ll be playing Minford on 5/19 for a chance to go to the Regionals.

Wanted2k
Waterboy

Post by Wanted2k »

Pa Trojan wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:20 am Trojans are struggling, almost as much as I am trying to keep up with this season, thanks for the hard work
Physical mistakes. Last night the Trojans hit the ball pretty well early. They could’ve been up 3-0 or 3-1 in the 4th. But a few bad errors with runners in scoring position put RH up 6-3. You give teams like RH 4-5 outs and they’re going to make you pay. When the Trojans eventually had to switch pitchers, Rock Hill pounded the ball and put the game out of reach.

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

5/1

Rock Hill- 7
South Point- 3

Return to “Baseball”