Valley 9
Wheelersburg 5

MinfordFalcons
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC II Standings

Post by MinfordFalcons »

Minford 2
West 0

With the Burg loss Minford wins Friday at home against West & home Wednesday against South Webster they will be outright SOC champs.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Are there any remaining SOC games or did Minford clinch the conference outright?

Redball
Riding the Bench

Post by Redball »

Minford plays SW at home the 3rd.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Gotcha. Thanks

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

Valley beat Oak Hill Saturday and I think finishes league play tomorrow with Northwest.

oaks15
Waterboy

Post by oaks15 »

Voice of Reason wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 10:27 pm Valley beat Oak Hill Saturday and I think finishes league play tomorrow with Northwest.
Saturday 4/28
Valley 11
Oak Hill 4

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valley seems to be coming along quite nicely right before tournament time. I got the opportunity to watch them play last week and they are a solid team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:35 am Valley seems to be coming along quite nicely right before tournament time. I got the opportunity to watch them play last week and they are a solid team.
I like their tournament draw to at least reach the VA as well. And I mean, they did beat Wheelersburg once, so they'll likely go into that game with some confidence as well (if they get there of course)

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Valley plays Zane Trace a DH on Saturday.
Zane Trace plays at Minford on Monday.

Good tune-ups for these teams before the tournament.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Burg record 15-5 going into tonight's game at Jackson. Burg's 5 losses this year were to Newport Central Catholic, Greenup, Adena, Minford and Valley. Three of those teams (Adena, Minford, Valley) they beat the other time they played this year. Remaining regular season schedule is as follows:

Wednesday 5/2 @ Jackson
Thursday 5/3 @ Waverly
Monday 5/7 Home vs. Greenup

Portsmouth and Ironton both cancelled their games vs. Burg next week.

First playoff game for Burg is Saturday May 12 Home @ 11am

GO BURG!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Glad to see valley competing. Sounds like some younger kids stepping up and making plays. Hope they keep trending in the right direction and maybe it will spill over to other sports as well.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:48 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 11:35 am Valley seems to be coming along quite nicely right before tournament time. I got the opportunity to watch them play last week and they are a solid team.
I like their tournament draw to at least reach the VA as well. And I mean, they did beat Wheelersburg once, so they'll likely go into that game with some confidence as well (if they get there of course)
Very true. Even in the 2nd game vs Burg it was 1-1 going into the 7th inning.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burg4 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:42 pm Burg record 15-5 going into tonight's game at Jackson. Burg's 5 losses this year were to Newport Central Catholic, Greenup, Adena, Minford and Valley. Three of those teams (Adena, Minford, Valley) they beat the other time they played this year. Remaining regular season schedule is as follows:

Wednesday 5/2 @ Jackson
Thursday 5/3 @ Waverly
Monday 5/7 Home vs. Greenup

Portsmouth and Ironton both cancelled their games vs. Burg next week.

First playoff game for Burg is Saturday May 12 Home @ 11am

GO BURG!
I may try to catch the game vs Greenup to see Gage play as well. Rumor is he should definitely get drafted right out of high school and we may be watching a possible major league player if his body fills out and he doesnt reduce his body movements. Incredibly nice ball player and Greenup Co is currently ranked #2 in KY.

Not surprised at the decision from Portsmouth and Ironton given the time of year and how mediocre they are in baseball right now.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

That would be awesome for a local kid to get drafted out of high school. I wish him luck. Also good luck to all SOC teams as they gear up for tournaments.

Return to “Baseball”