FAC Standings ?

Between the Lines
Freshman Team

FAC Standings ?

Post by Between the Lines »

Can anyone update the FAC Baseball Standings ?

doubleplay643
S

Re: FAC Standings ?

Post by doubleplay643 »

Best I can tell 1/2 way through for most teams the league records are something along these lines:

Miami Trace 4-1
Washington 3-1
Chillicothe 3-1
Hillsboro 3-2
McClain 1-4
Jackson 0-5

But don't hold me to those, and not sure of everyone's overall records with non-league play, with all the weather issues I may be a little off.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Jackson gets a W against Hillsboro tonight.

Miami Trace over McClain.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

What's going on in Jackson, dp? Offense? Pitching? Very surprised to see them losing their first 5 league games. What's your thoughts?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:12 am What's going on in Jackson, dp? Offense? Pitching? Very surprised to see them losing their first 5 league games. What's your thoughts?
Just a string of odds and ends with the baseball gods not allowing things to go our way lol.

Junior Caleb Haller out first couple weeks with hamstring injury, probably our hottest bat and solid defensively, some untimely fielding errors and/or base running miscues and more than anything just not stringing together timely hits. I think in 3 or 4 of the losses we actually outhit the opponent just never had any baserunners lol.

We got the first league W last night and split a doubleheader early in the season with a very good Unioto team, I look for us to finish strong, potential is there.

I have been through a couple seasons where we start gangbusters and fizzle, looking to turn the tables this year and get hot at the end. Solid and mature senior class with some good baseball IQ should get us a going.

Play a good Athens team tonight so see you this evening - warm up The Plains to about 70 degrees before we get there lol.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Timely hitting ( or lack of it) will curse every team at some point every season. It's a strong program and I'm sure everything will come together. As you said, if it happens, you'd rather falter early on than late season/tourney time.
Fingers crossed, I know one coach is at the field right now and field is still wet in some spots. Need sun to come out and continued wind. We'll see. And I think 70 degrees is out of the question! :lol:

Chillifan123
Waterboy

Post by Chillifan123 »

Chillicothe now stands 4-2 in league play , with a win over Washington C.H. last night , had to finish the first game from 2 weeks ago losing that one 10-8 in 9 innings.
But in game 2 Chillicothe came to play, Sophomore Connor McCloy threw a complete game shut out only allowing 3 hits and striking out 9. McCloy is now 3-0 on the mound and AJ Corbin had a day at the plate going 3-4 with a stolen base and 2 Rbi's.... Chillicothe is starting to prove they belong in the top of the league

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I forgot to mention above in my reply to 6-4-3=2o that one of the reasons we are off to a rough start is the FAC has some very good teams, good baseball conference this year. A lot of parity. Wouldn't surprise me to see a 2-3 way tie at the top when it is all said and done.

Congrats to McCloy he threw well against us as well.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson just needs some games consistently get going.......its been tough playing a game here playing a game there.....hopefully it will benefit the ironmen that when they do start getting to play on daily basis things get rollin red hot

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Baseball”