What are your thoughts?

Fonzie
S

What are your thoughts?

Post by Fonzie »

Is this the worst year of high school baseball from a weather standpoint? I can not remember a year with more rainouts than the one we are currently trying to play. Didn't coaches try and extend the season by a couple weeks? That was voted down, right? I bet they wish they had a couple extra weeks to get games in now!

baseball16
All Conference

Re: What are your thoughts?

Post by baseball16 »

Without a doubt one of the worst. So many multiple days in a row being cancelled. Usually you will get 1 maybe 2 a week with a chance of rainout. These are all day rains. Then tack on another 1-2 days for fields to dry out. Terrible.

A little bit of good news: Starting in 2019 the OHSAA voted to extend the season an extra week. So that will help some.
Also, May will be here shortly! ;)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'm glad that they met in the middle. I thought 2 weeks was too long, but it definitely needed extended. So, to me, 1 extra week works out well.

But, yeah this year has been a total nightmare as far as the weather is concerned.

Michigan n Trumbull
Riding the Bench

Post by Michigan n Trumbull »

One week extension is perfect, these bad weather years happen every so often. It is like playing week 9 in football some years in 70 degree heat and some years in winter coats.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Been by far one of the worst seasons I’ve ever seen, i dont know about any other teams but with these rainouts Piketon’s playing 3-4 games in a row every week to get them in, glad they finally added an extra week next year

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Honestly, it seems as though the weather patterns have really changed for the worse and now we have complete downpours, flooding, etc and have for the past 5 or so years.

Just a few years ago I kept track and we went like 26 out of 31 days that we had actual measurable rain between March and April. And more on top of that stretch of days. So its no just this year, but the past 5 have been brutal.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Baseball is a game of Reps and Rhythm and it's tough to get anything going in the season we've had. On a positive note, the Burg- Adena game for tonight is still being played at the VA in Chillicothe. Would be so nice if more teams had turf around Southern Ohio to play on these rainy days!!!

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

They need to flip football and baseball season.

Return to “Baseball”