OHSAA Tiurney Draw Sunday 4-29

hilljack
Freshman Team

Re: OHSAA Tiurney Draw Sunday 4-29

Post by hilljack »

Well, Rock Hill did have Huntington High on there schedule and had a double header scheduled at White Oak but weather forced the cancellation of all those. South Point got a couple of there Non Conference in, But to your point, OVC has good baseball. Why is it playing "up" to play out of conference? All that "playing up" is another way of saying that OVC baseball isn't as good as SOC baseball or other conferences. Who determines what "UP" is if its within our area? So was Rock Hill playing down when they played Green? No, because Green is a pretty good team. Too much subjectivity, and too much, "well they played a tougher schedule", in my opinion. Portsmouth West beat Valley twice head to head, but Valley beat the Burg, even though West has a better record and similar schedules.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Look at how the OVC competed at the VA compared to other local conferences since 2010.

District Championships (including teams currently in conference, even if they weren't at the time)

FAC - 2 (Jackson, Miami Trace)
OVC - 1 (Fairland)
SHAC - 1 (Whiteoak)
SOC I - 0
SOC II - 15 (Minford, Oak Hill, South Webster, Valley, Waverly, West, Wheelersburg)
SVC - 10 (Adena, Paint Valley, Piketon, Unioto, Westfall, Zane Trace)
TVC Hocking - 12 (Eastern, Federal Hocking, Southern, Trimble, Waterford)
TVC Ohio - 4 (Alexander, Athens, Meigs)

I'm sure the OVC plays some really good baseball, but I can see why some coaches wouldn't consider them upper echelon in comparison to a team like Wheelersburg until they can prove it on the field.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

You kinda got me on the numbers there Danicalifornia. I'm kinda impressed you put the effort in on that, never thought I'd say it, but thank you Fairland for coming through for us OVC guys on the diamond. (and that was kinda hard to say), lol.
It's all good, i get it, and with the additions of Gallia Academy, Ironton, and Portsmouth, and with RH,SP, and the other OVC schools building some solid programs, hopefully the OVC can put some more numbers up there and become more relevant, as I do believe there is good baseball there.

Alpha Eagle
Waterboy

Post by Alpha Eagle »

So Southern has a better record than Waterford, beats them head to head not once, but twice, but gets seeded two seeds below them. Makes perfect senses. SMH

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

You have to play each other eventually whether it be in the sectional final or district final. Seeding is subjective to each Coach and what he or she determine to be important. I like the bracketing so teams do not get to choose who they want to play. The 8 seed plays the 9 seed and the winner plays the 1 seed.
Just as a insight in Indiana the High School Athletic Association does a random draw for all there tourneys. So the 2 best teams could play in the 1st tourney game. In football you will have 2 10-0 teams playing in the 1st game and 2 2-8 teams play in the 1st game and the 2 winners play in round 2.
So things could always be worse than the how the brackets come together in Ohio.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Alpha Eagle wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:38 am So Southern has a better record than Waterford, beats them head to head not once, but twice, but gets seeded two seeds below them. Makes perfect senses. SMH
Yes and you would be shocked if you knew who voted this way

Return to “Baseball”