OHSAA Tiurney Draw Sunday 4-29

rickoshay
SEOP

OHSAA Tiurney Draw Sunday 4-29

Post by rickoshay »

Today is the day to find out where your team starts their "Tourney Trail".
What's their chances of making it to district finals, and beyond :?:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OHSAA Tiurney Draw Sunday 4-29

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson the #9 seed out of 10. Yikes

They will face #8 Alexander at Alex. Their matchup earlier was a mercy rule win by Jackson

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

:?:
Last edited by jujubean on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

:(

redmen32
Waterboy

Post by redmen32 »

Does anyone have a link to the bracket

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I saw the Whiteoak portion of the D4 bracket on FB but can’t find any either.

Green the #3 seed

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:27 pm I saw the Whiteoak portion of the D4 bracket on FB but can’t find any either.

Green the #3 seed
http://www.seodab.org/images/stories/ba ... 18BBD4.pdf

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

WKKJ has them on their website. Just go to local sports news.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Division III
http://www.seodab.org/images/stories/ba ... 18BBD3.pdf

So, the two #1 seeds have 4 and 5 losses? While 2 OVC schools have 1 loss and got a 2 and 3 seed?

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Waterford a 2 seed with 5 losses.
Southern a 4 seed with 4 losses.
Head to head Southern beat Waterford.
Sometimes these seedings are strange.

highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

Have never understood why Ohio has such a subjective seeding process. Why not have set districts, everyone plays each other, & seedings are determined by head-to-head competition. It's not rocket science.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

hilljack wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:31 pm Division III

So, the two #1 seeds have 4 and 5 losses? While 2 OVC schools have 1 loss and got a 2 and 3 seed?
I'll continue to say it Until some of these OVC teams start playing outside the River Area they will never move up. They need to play teams that are in their D3 Seeding so the other teams can get an idea of how good they are. OVC has some very good teams but needs to start doing this. Whether it's a bussing issue, schedule issue, or just a coaching issue it needs to happen.
highflyer wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:41 pm Have never understood why Ohio has such a subjective seeding process. Why not have set districts, everyone plays each other, & seedings are determined by head-to-head competition. It's not rocket science.
While I agree teams do need to get out and play other teams in their seeding, they do have League Commitments. The weather was not real cooperative this year so that caused some problems.

BaseballGuy
Waterboy

Post by BaseballGuy »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:17 am
hilljack wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:31 pm Division III

I'll continue to say it Until some of these OVC teams start playing outside the River Area they will never move up. They need to play teams that are in their D3 Seeding so the other teams can get an idea of how good they are. OVC has some very good teams but needs to start doing this. Whether it's a bussing issue, schedule issue, or just a coaching issue it needs to happen.
highflyer wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:41 pm Have never understood why Ohio has such a subjective seeding process. Why not have set districts, everyone plays each other, & seedings are determined by head-to-head competition. It's not rocket science.
While I agree teams do need to get out and play other teams in their seeding, they do have League Commitments. The weather was not real cooperative this year so that caused some problems.
#1 Seed Minford does not have 4 losses. That's a misprint They are now 16-1. Split with W'Burg, beat Adena twice and Zane Trace as well so their #1 seed is deserving. W'Burg plays a much tougher schedule than most OVC schools. Then there is Adena which split with W'Burg.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

Voting online makes it too easy for coaches to "put the screws" to another. All you have to do is vote a team way high or way too low in order to effect the seeded. This has to be changed.

It makes no sense how Valley can be seeded higher than Portsmouth West. Valley is 8-9, West is 8-6 and they play comparable schedules. The argument will be made that Valley beat Burg. However, West beat Valley twice head-to-head, 9-1 and 14-3.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

jujubean wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:16 am Voting online makes it too easy for coaches to "put the screws" to another. All you have to do is vote a team way high or way too low in order to effect the seeded. This has to be changed.

It makes no sense how Valley can be seeded higher than Portsmouth West. Valley is 8-9, West is 8-6 and they play comparable schedules. The argument will be made that Valley beat Burg. However, West beat Valley twice head-to-head, 9-1 and 14-3.
I completely agree.

In D4 Belpre is 7-8 and somehow pulled in a 5 seed, avoiding a play in game, while Ironton St Joe (9-2) is a 6 seed?

In the end I guess it doesnt matter, but that is one more game that a team like St Joe has to play and burn through pitchers.

9-2 is a #6 seed and a 7-8 is a #5 seed......SMDH. Makes zero sense.

They definitely need to go back to a Sunday meeting where everyone physically votes and each vote should be made public to the other coaches.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Yeah...It pretty much goes off of how many league teams you have in your sectional. They kinda stick together. I assume TVC Hocking teams stick together in D4 and OVC teams stick together in D3. The team that seems to get screwed every year is Crooksville. They pulled a 4 seed and are very good. They'll make some noise in D3

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:46 am
jujubean wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:16 am Voting online makes it too easy for coaches to "put the screws" to another. All you have to do is vote a team way high or way too low in order to effect the seeded. This has to be changed.

I completely agree.

In D4 Belpre is 7-8 and somehow pulled in a 5 seed, avoiding a play in game, while Ironton St Joe (9-2) is a 6 seed?

In the end I guess it doesnt matter, but that is one more game that a team like St Joe has to play and burn through pitchers.

9-2 is a #6 seed and a 7-8 is a #5 seed......SMDH. Makes zero sense.

They definitely need to go back to a Sunday meeting where everyone physically votes and each vote should be made public to the other coaches.
When did they stop sending the voting records out to the coaches? Just for this season? Because I'm 98% sure that they were available during basketball season again.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

Danicalifornia,
The point is not about receiving records or having information - we all know that your schedule / who you play can easily affect that. The point is that some coaches find it easy to vote up or down a team when it is done online. A physical presence would make a little less easy. It's like a text or email (and this forum). People do and say things behind a screen (even if you know who they are) that that wouldn't say/do face to face.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

jujubean wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:19 am Danicalifornia,
The point is not about receiving records or having information - we all know that your schedule / who you play can easily affect that. The point is that some coaches find it easy to vote up or down a team when it is done online. A physical presence would make a little less easy. It's like a text or email (and this forum). People do and say things behind a screen (even if you know who they are) that that wouldn't say/do face to face.
I completely agree with that. All I was saying is that coaches still do get to see how someone votes, although it probably doesn't change if someone is going to screw over someone else.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

I agree that teams in the OVC need to play up. Even if they go across the river to play schools like Ashland, Huntington High, or Cabell Midland. When I played at Chesapeake we played teams from Columbus area and above there. A lot of those schools make a trip south to SC or FL and will stop and play a DH on their way home.

Return to “Baseball”