Adena coach should only touch Adena players if he feels
It is necessary. Let Piketon coaches deal with Piketon Kids

I bet if a Piketon coach shook and spit on your kid you would be
singing a different tune

waterhog82
Waterboy

Re: Piketon

Post by waterhog82 »

Only 1 kid was ejected, so the school is dealing with the rest appropriately.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Spit on? I hadn’t heard that one. I hadn’t heard shook either. If those things happened I would not take the side of the Adena staff member

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

So it’s the school that suspended them? I had ASSUMED it was the OHSAA giving the suspension for leaving the bench? If that is true, then kudos to the Piketon school

SingleFatherof11
Waterboy

Post by SingleFatherof11 »

All suspensions have been handed down from the OHSAA.

ScottSmith
Waterboy

Post by ScottSmith »

It's pretty much black and white! An adena coach assaulted a child! Put suspensions etc to the side!

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

apparently there is a video of the assault? Get it to proper authority

ScottSmith
Waterboy

Post by ScottSmith »

Yes sir.. will do! Wished I could share it with you!

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Is it posted on Twitter or Facebook or anything?

SingleFatherof11
Waterboy

videos have been kept off social media, I could email it if you would like. just need an email.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I will fight the fight with you if I have proof. But, heck, you don’t have to prove it to me. Prove it to the police or the OHSAA or someone who can do something about it

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

If leaving the bench is a suspension then Adena definetly has to have some players suspended, I watched the whole thing players from Adena’s dugout also left the bench

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

In the video i saw, it appeared that the Adena coach was not pushing the Piketon player to remove him from the fracas, but was pushing him during a fit of anger. Now, again, it appears to me to be that way.

The Adena pitcher was the instigator of the entire situation, from what I’ve heard from several who were there, as he threw several punches at the Piketon player as he and the Adena catcher were ‘untangling ‘ from the play at the plate. How was he not ejected, nor suspended?

SingleFatherof11
Waterboy

The play at the plate was a typical baseball play, malicious or not will be taken differently by both sides. The scuffle was made up of two teams protecting their teammates just like anybody would do. I do not feel suspensions should be warranted, but since they are it needs to be the same for both sides. 9 piketon players were suspended as if they were scuffling against themselves? It’s baseball.

The apparent assault should be handled between the parents of the player and the opposing coach. I truly believe the suspensions were not appropriate for the situation, but that’s just my opinion. One of many opinions.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I agree with 100% of what you just said. I could not agree more!!! Very well said imo

SingleFatherof11
Waterboy

I wouldn’t ask the OHSAA to overturn the suspensions, but rather make it right and punish both sides.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

High School sports are about about teaching kids teamwork, character and how to handle themselves in times of adversity.

Coaches pushing and spitting on kids does not seem like the message the Warrior faithful would want conveyed to their youth.

I am confident the Adena School Board will do the right thing and make a big change in the baseball program before next year.

Remember when high school sports were fun.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Any coach who pushes a kid with malice or who spits on someone does not belong in a high school dugout. On that , we certainly agree

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

If Piketon wins their first round game, they will play Adena for the sectional championship. Could be an interesting game.

I applaud the Streaks coming to the aid of their teammate. 9-1 odds doesn’t exactly seem fair, especially when you’re sucker punched. GO STREAKS!!!

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

So you are saying that Piketon might try to “get them back”. Yeah, that’s what we should be teaching the kids

Return to “Baseball”