Piketon

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Re: Piketon

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

SingleFatherof11 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:21 pm The play at the plate was a typical baseball play, malicious or not will be taken differently by both sides. The scuffle was made up of two teams protecting their teammates just like anybody would do. I do not feel suspensions should be warranted, but since they are it needs to be the same for both sides. 9 piketon players were suspended as if they were scuffling against themselves? It’s baseball.

The apparent assault should be handled between the parents of the player and the opposing coach. I truly believe the suspensions were not appropriate for the situation, but that’s just my opinion. One of many opinions.
I agree with this. What was Piketon supposed to do stand back and watch their teammate get punched? I feel like Piketon has gotten the shaft

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

I think he means get them back by beating them in the game. What in kind of code do you Adena folks live by? Wow, SMDH.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Yeah, I’m sure that’s what he meant. You’re probably right.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

I don’t think Piketon will try to start any bad blood with Adena next Saturday

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Safe to say the video is going to make it’s way out there

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Won't be any trouble from the Streaks, hope you can say the same. Hope your coach is out of jail by then.

Waboplay
Riding the Bench

Post by Waboplay »

Never was in jail. The head coach did nothing. Watch the video. But was cuffed and put in cruiser. Sad.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

I saw it was the asst

What kind of guy let’s his head coach take the fall for him?

Sounds like cleaning house would be their best option at this point

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Rosscoresident wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:59 pm So you are saying that Piketon might try to “get them back”. Yeah, that’s what we should be teaching the kids
I think Coach Bum will do everything he can to have the Streaks focused on the game, should they be fortunate enough to meet again, and not on the past. However, I think we can all admit that this will be easier said than done. But, it is nice to know that the pitcher is allowed to sucker punch the opposition without fear of punishment from the state.

On a side not, did I hear correctly that there was an Adena fan or fans mocking the Piketon Police as they were doing their job? If true, it's sad.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

mikepike wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:01 am
Rosscoresident wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:59 pm So you are saying that Piketon might try to “get them back”. Yeah, that’s what we should be teaching the kids
I think Coach Bum will do everything he can to have the Streaks focused on the game, should they be fortunate enough to meet again, and not on the past. However, I think we can all admit that this will be easier said than done. But, it is nice to know that the pitcher is allowed to sucker punch the opposition without fear of punishment from the state.

On a side not, did I hear correctly that there was an Adena fan or fans mocking the Piketon Police as they were doing their job? If true, it's sad.
That's the Adena Way.

It is always someone else's fault if they don't succeed and they don't take responsibility for their actions. Just look at this post for instance.

If a coach spits in a player's face, they should be fired immediately. You don't just get taken away in handcuffs for no reason.

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

It’s frustrating to see how all of this escalated, If I’m hearing correctly the runner and the catcher we’re friends and there was no intention to start anything from those 2 players

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

It’s frustrating to see how all of this escalated, If I’m hearing correctly the runner and the catcher we’re friends and there was no intention to start anything from those 2 players

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

I guess some should have waited until the two schools and OHSAA looked at the situation. Just can't fly off the handle until everything is looked at. Adena has suspended five players that left their positions or the dugout. One was suspended for literally stepping foot outside the dugout but never came close to the action. Also the Asst. coach, to my understanding, will no longer be with the team. Head coach did nothing to warrant the Piketon police doing what they did. If they investigated they would have found out it was the Asst. The Pike County prosecutor, Piketon police, and Piketon schools have all called Adena to apologize to the Head Coach. The Schools and prosecutor have nothing to apologize for. We all want our kids to stand up for their team mates. However throwing punches was uncalled for. You can protect your guys in other ways.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Thank you for this post!! It sounds like it was a very unfortunate situation. Unfortunately, these things do happen in sports sometimes and the truth is that a vast majority of the people involved are overwhelmingly good kids and good people that get caught up in the heat of the moment. Hopefully, it all ends with this and everyone moves on!

waterhog82
Waterboy

Post by waterhog82 »

Kudos to the Adena Athletic Dept. for taking the steps they are taking. Responding in the right way teaches the kids that baseball is not the most important thing in life, but doing the right thing is. Hats Off to them!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I'm glad to hear that the Adena kids are being held accountable for their actions. Was it for 2 games like the Piketon kids? And was the pitcher who started the whole thing punished the most? The assistant coach not being with the team is the right call. It's unfortunate that the wrong coach was tagged as the wrongdoer.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Sounds like things are correctly being taken care. Kudos to both schools for addressing this before either team played another game.

Hopefully all involved will learn important lessons out of this experience and move forward in a positive way.

Return to “Baseball”