Piketon

hbk1999
JV Team

Piketon

Post by hbk1999 »

What happened at Piketon vs Adena game. I heard a coach got arrested.

crashdavis188
Riding the Bench

Re: Piketon

Post by crashdavis188 »

Umpiring let game get out of control. 5 to 5 in bottom of sixth Piketon has kid throwed out at plate, and they have a typical little tie up, Adenas pitcher comes in and pops piketon player a couple times. Dug outs clear, Adena assitant coach grabs a phs player and bull rushes him back into crowd of players.Cops are called, on verge of chaos in crowds. They take Adena head coach away mistakenly, assistant coach knowingly let Head coach be taken away for something he did! Adena scores 2 in top of 7 to win 7to5.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

crashdavis188 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:52 pm Umpiring let game get out of control. 5 to 5 in bottom of sixth Piketon has kid throwed out at plate, and they have a typical little tie up, Adenas pitcher comes in and pops piketon player a couple times. Dug outs clear, Adena assitant coach grabs a phs player and bull rushes him back into crowd of players.Cops are called, on verge of chaos in crowds. They take Adena head coach away mistakenly, assistant coach knowingly let Head coach be taken away for something he did! Adena scores 2 in top of 7 to win 7to5.
Yikes. Hopefully there is video of this so the head coach can be exonerated and the assistant can be the one charged.

And maybe they should have hired a "getback" coach to keep coaches from fighting kids too.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

All of this way more likely than the two-timing crotch grabbing umpire lol

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Game should’ve been called in the 6th, no way they should’ve finished

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Piketon ended up scoring a run and taking a 6-5 lead in midst of all the chaos but ball was deemed dead and the run didn’t count. Any clarification on why the run didn’t count

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:20 am Piketon ended up scoring a run and taking a 6-5 lead in midst of all the chaos but ball was deemed dead and the run didn’t count. Any clarification on why the run didn’t count
The go ahead runner didnt touch the plate until well after the catcher and previous runner were scuffling and multiple non players were around!

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

eagles73Taylor wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:47 am
Smokyhollowbandit wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:20 am Piketon ended up scoring a run and taking a 6-5 lead in midst of all the chaos but ball was deemed dead and the run didn’t count. Any clarification on why the run didn’t count
The go ahead runner didnt touch the plate until well after the catcher and previous runner were scuffling and multiple non players were around!
Thanks

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

So by “typical little tie up”, I assume you are saying that the runner trucked the catcher? I believe he was ejected, No?

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Rosscoresident wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:37 am So by “typical little tie up”, I assume you are saying that the runner trucked the catcher? I believe he was ejected, No?
The play was clean, runner slid way before he got to the plate to try to avoid the tag and the catcher got tangled up applying the tag, it was a terrible ejection just a common baseball play IMO

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It sounds like none of this would have happened if the umpires did their jobs and shut things down earlier in the game.

crashdavis188
Riding the Bench

Post by crashdavis188 »

Rosscoresident wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:37 am So by “typical little tie up”, I assume you are saying that the runner trucked the catcher? I believe he was ejected, No?
no player slid between catchers legs, catcher tags him while squatting/falling on him. Typical get off me/you get off me. The Adena pitcher coming in with a couple rabbit punches to the Phs player that the ump somehow didnt see. Is what erupted things.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

IMO, the slide was not ejection worthy, however I am not ump and that kind of call you have to live with. However, the umpiring crew allowed more than ejectable acts to take place and no one other player was ejected!

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

It was a crazy sequence of events, IMO if the police have to be called to settle the dispute the umpires need to call the game

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

How did the umpires let the game get out of control? Just curious?

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I heard that Piketon’s coach and 8 players have been suspended for 2 games?

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I heard that too! And none from Adena?

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Was also told by someone in the know that this is the 4th 'fight' Adena sports teams have been in over the last 3 years or so???

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I don’t know about that? I know there was a skirmish in a football game with Paint Valley this year, but the players involved in that don’t play baseball. Not for Adena anyway

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Makes sense. Adena never does wrong. Just ask their parents.

Return to “Baseball”