Division II District Tournament

Michigan n Trumbull
Riding the Bench

Re: Division II District Tournament

Post by Michigan n Trumbull »

bman wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:57 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:35 pm It's a little concerting though that more rain is expected tomorrow.
It'll be interesting to see if weather will force these games to be moved to the VA in Chillicothe with its all turf field being a major advantage in this type of weather. Forecast is not promising for the rest of the week.
The VA has gamed scheduled every day. If the weather and the Wren isn't ready by the weekend...the only time they could play them there would be Saturday early or Sunday.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Michigan n Trumbull wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:34 pm
bman wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:57 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:35 pm It's a little concerting though that more rain is expected tomorrow.
It'll be interesting to see if weather will force these games to be moved to the VA in Chillicothe with its all turf field being a major advantage in this type of weather. Forecast is not promising for the rest of the week.
The VA has gamed scheduled every day. If the weather and the Wren isn't ready by the weekend...the only time they could play them there would be Saturday early or Sunday.
Hopefully the forecast is wrong and the games can be played tomorrow at OU.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Another Facility they could look into is Rock Hill. Probably one of the best High School facilities in SE Ohio for all Divisions. Plenty of seating and Turf infield.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

It is too bad they could not have made tonight work, especially with the sketchy forecast. It rained a ton in Athens this morning, so no doubting it was soaked. Had the field tarp been on, though, I'm wondering if games could have been played at Wren tonight. I know it's no easy task to deal with getting the big tarp on and off. Here's hoping for a nice day tomorrow.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tarp on games would have definitely been played.
Oh well.
Sun came out toward end of day, nice and breezy, not much rain expected tomorrow now, I think we are good to go!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm Tarp on games would have definitely been played.
Oh well.
Sun came out toward end of day, nice and breezy, not much rain expected tomorrow now, I think we are good to go!
Can't imagine that thing could be taken on or off without a full crew, if only OU was still in class.

Should be a good night for baseball tomorrow!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:16 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm Tarp on games would have definitely been played.
Oh well.
Can't imagine that thing could be taken on or off without a full crew, if only OU was still in class.

Will your lefty (Blevins) be available at all? I didn't keep his pitches Monday.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:20 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:16 pm
Oh well.

Will your lefty (Blevins) be available at all? I didn't keep his pitches Monday.
Technically, yes. Only threw 62 pitches.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Well horseshi*

lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:22 pm Well horseshi*

lol
I was wrong. It was 65, not that it makes a difference though lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It’s pouring in The Plains but still dry in Athens

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Light rain only in Athens. Be wet early on, so long as down pours avoided, games should be fine. May endure a delay possibly sometime tonight, but everyone should finish.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Circleville 4
Hillsboro 3

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Unioto 3
Athens 0

Patterson pitched a great game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens Jack Cornwell pitched a complete game. Allowed just 3 ER, 4 K's and 1 BB
Patterson complete game. Struck out 12

Pretty good game. Athens had opportunities. Got thrown out at the plate one inning, left the bases loaded in another.

Dogs will be back next year!

Good luck Tanks

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Athens has a seriously bright future! Really nice team for at least the next 2 years and probably longer with what they have in place.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

baseball16 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:31 am
Ironman92 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:33 pm
Sacky wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:51 pm Gallia Academy 0
Hillsboro 1
8 innings
Coach Corvin retired
Huh? Corvin retired?
Yes, coach Corvin has stepped away from the Gallia Academy Baseball Program. He has put in a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into that program. Congratulations on a great run.
Tonight's game was a tough one. Two very good pitchers dealing. However, I will say there are two things you can't control in baseball. 1. is the weather, and 2. are the umpires. Not complaining about calls. There are tough one's to be made. My complaint is with one that had to show he's the show and was above the game. Hillsboro kid was ejected for drawing a line. Ejected immediately. I get that the kid should not have done this but this umpire needs to realize once you toss the player then that kid will now have to sit two games and will now not be able to play in a District Championship. How about a warning or just sitting him on the bench for a warning. I feel for this kid because he practiced and played all year and now will not be able to play in a game that is one of the biggest games of his career. It truly is a shame!
Really? You have a complaint about that. That was a Busch league move and will even get you tossed at the highest levels of the game. That’s an automatic.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

CharlieHustle wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 am
baseball16 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:31 am
Ironman92 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:33 pm

Huh? Corvin retired?
Yes, coach Corvin has stepped away from the Gallia Academy Baseball Program. He has put in a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into that program. Congratulations on a great run.
Tonight's game was a tough one. Two very good pitchers dealing. However, I will say there are two things you can't control in baseball. 1. is the weather, and 2. are the umpires. Not complaining about calls. There are tough one's to be made. My complaint is with one that had to show he's the show and was above the game. Hillsboro kid was ejected for drawing a line. Ejected immediately. I get that the kid should not have done this but this umpire needs to realize once you toss the player then that kid will now have to sit two games and will now not be able to play in a District Championship. How about a warning or just sitting him on the bench for a warning. I feel for this kid because he practiced and played all year and now will not be able to play in a game that is one of the biggest games of his career. It truly is a shame!
Yes, it is truly a shame that the player would do something that idiotic to earn himself getting rung. Drawing a line in the dirt is an automatic ejection, no matter the level. The umpire does not need to realize that, the kid and his coach need to realize that. Even in the majors, where they have an extremely high tolerance, as soon as you draw a line you're getting tossed. This is the problem with today's society, no accountability whatsoever.
Bingo! And the sad thing is the excuse condoning the behavior

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 pm Athens has a seriously bright future! Really nice team for at least the next 2 years and probably longer with what they have in place.
What impressed me the most about the young pups, in both championship games (vs Waverly, vs Unioto) ... They didn't commit an error. Not one. While that doesn't seem that impressive to most, if you watched the games you'd know Cornwell is not a strike out pitcher. He's crafty, but gives up hits and a lot of contact is made throughout.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:25 am
danicalifornia wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 pm Athens has a seriously bright future! Really nice team for at least the next 2 years and probably longer with what they have in place.
What impressed me the most about the young pups, in both championship games (vs Waverly, vs Unioto) ... They didn't commit an error. Not one. While that doesn't seem that impressive to most, if you watched the games you'd know Cornwell is not a strike out pitcher. He's crafty, but gives up hits and a lot of contact is made throughout.
Very proud of the Bulldogs team, players and coaching staff. In addition to the talent this young squad has as well as the skill they continue to build (majority of the team plays competitive summer ball and have for many years), there are intangibles that this group of kids have that can't be measured with numbers but are evident when you watch them play. They have a very high baseball IQ, and while many are athletic in other sports as well, baseball is a first love for most. Which means they don't just pay attention to baseball from February to May. They love it, watch it, study it, and work on it even during other sport seasons. When a team has a majority of those type of kids, they make tourney runs. We'll see them back at Wren often.

Return to “Baseball”