DIV District Finals - 5/16

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15630
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by Ironman92 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:52 pm

10-0

Game!

Whiteoak district champs



danicalifornia
SEOPS H
Posts: 7366
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Chillicothe

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by danicalifornia » Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Eastern and Whiteoak are 2 outstanding ballclubs! Congratulations to both on their District Championships!

User avatar
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF
Posts: 12407
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 am
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Contact:

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by 93Bulldog » Wed May 16, 2018 9:24 pm

danicalifornia wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 pm
Eastern and Whiteoak are 2 outstanding ballclubs! Congratulations to both on their District Championships!
For the love of god, please one of them get out of Lancaster!

If Fisher Catholic wins it, I'm gonna throw up in my mouth. So sick of the Catholics winning that regional. lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15630
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by Ironman92 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 pm

danicalifornia wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 pm
Eastern and Whiteoak are 2 outstanding ballclubs! Congratulations to both on their District Championships!
What did you think of Whiteoak’s pitcher? Kid is gutsy and pinpoint and that bugs bunny slow ball is just fun

danicalifornia
SEOPS H
Posts: 7366
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Chillicothe

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by danicalifornia » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 pm
danicalifornia wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 pm
Eastern and Whiteoak are 2 outstanding ballclubs! Congratulations to both on their District Championships!
What did you think of Whiteoak’s pitcher? Kid is gutsy and pinpoint and that bugs bunny slow ball is just fun
I loved it! Really fun to watch and he throws a ton of strikes, which makes that harder to deal with. It's about 20 mph slower than his other pitches, so it has to be wicked on batters.

25th Street NW
Freshman Team
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by 25th Street NW » Wed May 16, 2018 10:56 pm

Congrats to Whiteoak!
The Wildcats are very good baseball team. I saw them play last Saturday against Zane Trace in a regular season game. They like to steal those bases. Also, good pitching staff as they all threw a little bit last Saturday.
Good Luck to them in Lancaster!
Last edited by 25th Street NW on Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15630
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by Ironman92 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 pm

25th Street NW wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:56 pm
Congrats to Whiteoak! The Wildcats are very good baseball team. I saw them play last Saturday against Zane Trace in a regular season game. They like to steal those bases.
Over 200 on the season

greeny
Waterboy
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 10:34 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by greeny » Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 pm
25th Street NW wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:56 pm
Congrats to Whiteoak! The Wildcats are very good baseball team. I saw them play last Saturday against Zane Trace in a regular season game. They like to steal those bases.
Over 200 on the season
I'm guessing they are including passed balls and first and third no-throws in this stat. No way they stole close to 10 actual stolen bases per game.

Cowboy22
Waterboy
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 7:33 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by Cowboy22 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:14 am

93Bulldog wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:24 pm
danicalifornia wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 pm
Eastern and Whiteoak are 2 outstanding ballclubs! Congratulations to both on their District Championships!
For the love of god, please one of them get out of Lancaster!

If Fisher Catholic wins it, I'm gonna throw up in my mouth. So sick of the Catholics winning that regional. lol
Catholics did not win last year. Toronto did and my money is on them again.

25th Street NW
Freshman Team
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by 25th Street NW » Thu May 17, 2018 7:18 am

I would say it is pretty legit on the steals. They stole about 6 bases last Saturday, but only scored two runs. Left a lot on base that day.

formerfcfan
All State
Posts: 1050
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by formerfcfan » Thu May 17, 2018 7:51 am

93Bulldog wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:24 pm
danicalifornia wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 pm
Eastern and Whiteoak are 2 outstanding ballclubs! Congratulations to both on their District Championships!
For the love of god, please one of them get out of Lancaster!

If Fisher Catholic wins it, I'm gonna throw up in my mouth. So sick of the Catholics winning that regional. lol
Fisher won’t even make the Regional. Centerburg is going to beat them this afternoon. Even then, should FC make the regional they’re probably not going to beat Eastern.

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15630
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:20 am

greeny wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 pm
Ironman92 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 pm
25th Street NW wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:56 pm
Congrats to Whiteoak! The Wildcats are very good baseball team. I saw them play last Saturday against Zane Trace in a regular season game. They like to steal those bases.
Over 200 on the season
I'm guessing they are including passed balls and first and third no-throws in this stat. No way they stole close to 10 actual stolen bases per game.
28 games. No way they are counting passed balls unless they were off and running. Right at 7 per game. Veidt wouldn’t put it in the paper if it wasn’t true

User avatar
ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:59 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by ALLthatJAZZ » Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am

The STAT tracker on the coaches site had them down for 161 stolen bases on the season. If we split the difference that puts them 180.5. Still impressive as far as stolen bases goes, yet not the 200 plus as posted.

danicalifornia
SEOPS H
Posts: 7366
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Chillicothe

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by danicalifornia » Thu May 17, 2018 10:38 am

Ironman92 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:20 am
greeny wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 pm
Ironman92 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 pm


Over 200 on the season
I'm guessing they are including passed balls and first and third no-throws in this stat. No way they stole close to 10 actual stolen bases per game.
28 games. No way they are counting passed balls unless they were off and running. Right at 7 per game. Veidt wouldn’t put it in the paper if it wasn’t true
Agreed. They had 7 steals on Tuesday. Less last night because a lot of wild pitches/passed balls, but still had 4-5. Very fast and aggressive on the bases.

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15630
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by Ironman92 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:18 pm

ALLthatJAZZ wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am
The STAT tracker on the coaches site had them down for 161 stolen bases on the season. If we split the difference that puts them 180.5. Still impressive as far as stolen bases goes, yet not the 200 plus as posted.
Does that site have them down for 28 games?

User avatar
ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:59 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by ALLthatJAZZ » Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 am

It STATS for the season total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 15630
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by Ironman92 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:59 pm

ALLthatJAZZ wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 am
It STATS for the season total.
They have 207 on the season and of course do not count passed balls, errors or wild pitches.

danicalifornia
SEOPS H
Posts: 7366
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Chillicothe

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by danicalifornia » Fri May 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Ironman92 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:59 pm
ALLthatJAZZ wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 am
It STATS for the season total.
They have 207 on the season and of course do not count passed balls, errors or wild pitches.
And even if there is a none throw on a 1st and 3rd situation, for 95% of the game, it is a stolen base. Very rarely is defensive indifference enforceable in high school baseball.

User avatar
ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:59 am

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by ALLthatJAZZ » Mon May 21, 2018 2:18 pm

There's always a margin of error, especially in baseball stats. Regardless the team can steal bases!

Alpha Eagle
Waterboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 pm

Re: DIV District Finals - 5/16

Post by Alpha Eagle » Mon May 21, 2018 3:11 pm

ALLthatJAZZ wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:18 pm
There's always a margin of error, especially in baseball stats. Regardless the team can steal bases!
It's them colored boys

Post Reply