Scheduling

bsee12345
Varsity

Scheduling

Post by bsee12345 »

This season saw the spring to be a little tough getting games early in the season and then went a couple week of good weather and the end of season seems to being a bit raining. All leagues do scheduling different. I have seen a move by many leagues playing the home and away games for the same teams the same week. Lets take the FAC for example; say Chillicothe will play at Greenfield on Monday and then on Wednesday playing at Chillicothe. If Monday is a rain out the reschedule will happen on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. In an 8 team league you have 7 weeks of league play-playing one league team a week and fill rest of week with non league.
I have not seen this scheduling happening in Southeast District but do know Central District and Southwest District leagues have been adopting this scheduling. I like this new form of scheduling and think it would help with rain outs when you are only dealing with one league team a week. In most instances you can keep up with getting league games played with this new format. Non League games may suffer a bit but that is usual for Baseball and Softball. Opinions?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Scheduling

Post by danicalifornia »

I want to say that the SOC does this.

I like it as you're going to have to use your whole staff and can't just ride an ace against the best teams.

And if more leagues would adopt it, then the non league scheduling becomes easier

Pipefitter577
Riding the Bench

Post by Pipefitter577 »

The SOC has done this for at least three years and I think the OVC went to it this year.
Monday Wednesday and Friday with the first available Thursday for make up games.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

They implemented this to try and minimize a single pitcher beating a team twice. I don’t mind the rule. Certainly more impactful for baseball than softball.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

SVC still plays a 14 game round robin. Rainouts have to be made up the next Tuesday or Thursday.

Return to “Baseball”